MAFIA GAME 29: THE RETURN

Page 20 of 21 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: MAFIA GAME 29: THE RETURN

Post  Leviwulf on Tue Jan 12, 2016 8:01 pm

Relmitos wrote:Either way, doesn't really make the old world order "Good guys". Kings? Emperors? They view everyone else as SLAVES. Tools to be used. Their 'subjects' are just toys to be played with until they break. King woke up on the wrong side of the bed? Send everyone to a pointless war. Emperor feeling incredibly vain today? Let's have them build a few dozen giant statues in his own image. Selling people like that as "good guys" is going to be like selling ice to Eskimos.

Edit : Story spoilers and misunderstandings

Leviwulf
Hyrulean Vagabond

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Leviwulf on Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:41 pm

Minby you here?

Leviwulf
Hyrulean Vagabond

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Minby_Aran on Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:42 pm

I am, but Fed isn't.

Minby_Aran
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://valiant-brawlers.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  Fedaykin on Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:44 pm

morning

Fedaykin
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Minby_Aran on Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:45 pm

There he is, always on to prove me a liar, eh?

It would be a darn shame if you missed the end of this beautiful thing we've created.

Minby_Aran
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  Fedaykin on Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:47 pm

unvote Proposal Yea 2x

All votes: Relmitos

Gambling Time, folks

Fedaykin
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Leviwulf on Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:50 pm

Viva las vegas.

Leviwulf
Hyrulean Vagabond

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Minby_Aran on Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:53 pm

Mister Fedaykin, can I call you Fed? Good, because I'm going to. Fed, this has been a very tumultuous day. A lot of talking, a lot of promises, and someone is going to get very hurt at the end of it all. Nobody wants it to be them.

Sure the conversation I had with Levi was nice, but you both already admitted who was in charge. We know that you're the top-dog. The kingpin. Any deal that happens goes through you.

So I need to hear the agreement from you, in plain English, with your honor on it, so if you break it, everyone will know who was responsible, and who was honorable. So come on, Fed. Tell me what I want to hear.

Minby_Aran
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  Fedaykin on Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:54 pm

Mr. Aran....Minby.

Let us build a bigger world.

I agree to the terms you and Levi discussed.

Fedaykin
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Minby_Aran on Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:57 pm

Come on, Fed. You know what you need to say. I need things to be black and white, clear as crystal.

Minby_Aran
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  Fedaykin on Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:58 pm

I agree to pass the resolution tomorrow

Fedaykin
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:59 pm

DAYPHASE HAS NOW ENDED.

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Minby_Aran on Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:01 pm

Well, this was a day that will live in infamy in our kingdom. I apologize to those I’ve hurt, and I ask for forgiveness. In this night, I pray.

I pray for protection this night.
I pray that tomorrow, we can continue to work for the goodness of the future.
And I pray that all the souls of the damned may rest, knowing they have not died in vain.
Amen.

Minby_Aran
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  Leviwulf on Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:07 pm

Edit : Did not mean to hit send on that

Leviwulf
Hyrulean Vagabond

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Leviwulf on Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:04 am

I am assuming direct control of the game and declaring me and Fed the winners because there is no proof to the contrary.

Leviwulf
Hyrulean Vagabond

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  barda_ehmos on Wed Jan 20, 2016 6:43 am

officially, the game doesn't ended, maybe the killer work on snake face's. Razz

barda_ehmos
Wario's Bodyguard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:26 am

I for one welcome our new Enigma overlords.

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Sat Jan 23, 2016 2:12 pm

6 VOTES: LEVI

7 VOTES: RELMITOS

The blistering sun hung heavy over the land.  

From all corners of the horizon, dark clouds began to form together, in a vain attempt at blotting out the behemoth that continued to pulse behind them.  The rays cut through the clouds, slicing at them and cutting them away.  Their condensed droplets began to fall, initiating a rainstorm.  At first the raindrops sizzled out in midair, evaporated by the burning sunlight, and a steamy mist began to block out the sky.  Soon they grew heavier until they were finally able to descend through the hot fumes onto the unsuspecting crowd.  One by one they pulled out umbrellas, thinking they were prepared for what was about to happen.

As the drops bounced against the plastic, the tops of the umbrellas began to steam. Before long, the protesters began to notice the holes that were forming, and the boiling water started to make contact with their skin.

Their screams of agony rang out from all around as they began to retreat, the crowd pushing and stepping over each other in a mad rush to find protection.

Meanwhile, our group convened in the Assembly Hall, eager to pick up where they left off at midday.  They argued with each other over their best course of action - while one member of the party stood underneath the skylight and watched the rain begin to fall against the glass.  Upon impact it turned to steam, eventually reaching a point where the only view from below was a thick haze, pierced by the blazing rays of the sun.  

Soon, they began to hear the screams of the protesters outside.  There was a brief pause before the group continued their debate.

The Secretary General stood from his seat and beat his clenched fists against the table. The group stopped their arguing and looked up at the exasperated, passionate man.

"Look at you!  Arguing like children while the people burn.  The balance of this world is broken. Whatever gods once watched over this place have failed you... but Enigma can restore the balance, and save us all. It isn't too late to join us." He looked around at his peers, hoping for someone to back him up or admit to their allegiance. Much to his dismay, it was someone with their own agenda who responded.

"This isn't about balance,” said the man, “There are no gods to punish or abandon you all. The world itself is collapsing, and we've got no one to blame but ourselves.  We've used our time and resources to take each other down, when we should have been looking to build ourselves up and move forward."

He turned to look up at the skylight, then bowed his head. One man, standing in front of the crowd, began to clap his hands.

"Good show,” he chortled, “You're all very amusing. Trying to win over these people, who had made up their minds long ago. It's useless, trying to salvage what you have helped each other destroy.  You all have already lost.  If The Old World Order falls, the country will be doomed.”

He turned away from the Secretary General and addressed his peers, his enemies, “Democracy is a failed experiment.  It was reborn, hundreds of years ago following the Great War - and within a few generations the system collapsed completely.”  

“We were the League of Rulers, and we are the only future you have left.  If you destroy us you will become us."

The crowd wasted no time as they all pulled their weapons up and pointed them in his general direction. They pressed their fingers against triggers, expecting to end his plans, but the guns only clicked.

They realized, in horror, that they had shot through their ammo on the rooftop.  Any spare bullets they had were in the sleeping quarters, on the other side of the building.  

The King reared his head back and laughed. The Speaker of the House sprung from the table, ready to throttle the disgraced ruler, but before he could get halfway across the room he was stopped by a yell coming from behind him.

"This is our Kingdom again!" The Secretary of Treasury grabbed one of the Lobbyists and held a diamond knife to his throat. "I am The Pharaoh, and I will take my desert back!"

Other members of the party had started to stand, but quickly sat back down as the Pharaoh pressed the knife against his hostage, showing he was serious about his threat. "We already know your next Secretary General.  If he can't be killed by the collective in our next voting session, we can and will kill him off before this final debate even begins. So as far as we're concerned, this has already ended.”

The Pharaoh turned towards the Speaker of the House, “So what say you, fair Judge? You speak for everyone, do you submit? That is all you can do now.  We are in control: the only thing left to do now for my comrade and I is decide: Big Soil or Enigma?"

There was a long silence as everyone turned their heads back towards the Speaker, the Judge.

"He's bluffing. We might have been caught off guard, but they can't overtake all of us right here, right now." The Judge said, looking back at the man he was about to assault. "And if these... manipulators have any say in how this ends, I doubt they would share their reclamation with anyone.”

He noticed the crowd’s incredulous reactions, and shouted: “You expect tyrants to relinquish their power? They expect us to kneel. And I WON'T!"

He turned and charged back, but had not expected his target to be armed. The King drew his sword, which had been cleverly sheathed, and plunged it into Relms' heart.

"Wrong answer."

Relmitos was killed! He was the Speaker of the House! A member of the Town!

The judge crumpled to the ground as the King withdrew his blade and wiped Relmitos’ blood off onto his sleeve.  He pointed his sword toward the door, and the Pharaoh barked orders for everyone to follow him out into the lobby for their grand finale.

Unbeknownst to them, a member of the town reached underneath his chair.  As he leaned forward to stand, the man plucked a derringer that had been stashed underneath.  

This wasn’t over yet.

Nightphase is upon us. Send me your night actions, town. Your lives now depend upon it.

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Relmitos on Sat Jan 23, 2016 2:18 pm

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fedaykin on Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:29 pm

So, I don't know if this will count or not, but I am doing it anyway.

all votes: Barda

I didn't expect this game to last this long, dunno if I can check from Brazil. Anyway, was a fun ride!

Fedaykin
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Sat Jan 30, 2016 9:39 pm

What may have been their final nightphase had ended.

The group followed single file through the hallway towards the lobby, the Pharaoh at the head with his silver knife at Big Soil's throat, and the King bringing up the rear.  They sauntered forward, brisk and focused, as though they were moving through cells in a high security prison. They were led into the large entry hall - it was the closest they had been to the outside world.   The room was large and spooky, a false grandeur, draped with tapestries and chandeliers.  

In its center was an old bronze statue, a famous image of freedom in their country - a man in red, clutching a giant mallet, standing triumphantly atop a shattered throne. Next to this iconic symbol, the prisoners were forced onto their knees, the King watching over them and standing guard.  

At the far end of the lobby was a pair of large stone double-doors that had remained closed since their session began those days ago - the exit.  The Pharaoh shoved his hostage, Big Soil, hard onto the floor by the front doors.  

It was time to go.

"Open it," he said as he stepped back.

The Lobbyist turned the handle, and with a heave pulled the door open.  A dense fog began to roll in, and they stared at it in trepidation.  Big Soil reached out his hand, curling his fingers gently, to feel the mist - and pulled it back as the fog stung and seared, his skin sizzling.

"CLOSE IT! CLOSE IT!" yelled the Pharaoh.  He rushed forward and helped Big Soil force the door closed.  Inside, the steam dissipated, spreading out inside the entry room.

He took a deep breath and sighed with relief before turning his knife back towards the Lobbyist.  Big Soil shot him a look that could have been read as 'I told you so', if it were not for the immense amount of fear he was currently displaying.

What is going on?

The Pharaoh stared at the heavy door, troubled by what he’d just witnessed and what lay outside.

Back by the statue, the King continued to circle the three that were still on their knees. He lunged forward a few times, swinging his sword near their throats to make them flinch and keep them in line. The other Lobbyist trembled in fear, but the two surviving members of the town sat unscathed by his attempt at intimidation.

One of them spoke up.

“It’s futile, don’t you get it?” the Secretary of State laughed, “This is the Storm, this is the End!  We are all going to die - it doesn’t matter what you do now.”

The King leaned in close to the Secretary of State and growled, "Quiet."

The Secretary stopped speaking, and instead stared his enemy in the eyes. They were silent for a moment.

"If you’re about to die, shouldn’t you be afraid?" The King sneered with a large toothy smile as he tapped the flat part of his blade against the Secretaries cheek. Requiem gave him a long hard look, before pulling back his head, and spitting in his face.

The King jumped back and turned around, cursing and heaving as he wiped his cheek. He turned back around slowly and looked at the Pharaoh, his anger evident, as the color in his face was almost as red as the floor was about to be.  The Pharaoh nodded to him, and he kicked the Secretary on the stomach, knocking him to the floor, flat on his back.  He lifted his sword high for a half second before bringing it down Requiems throat.

The tendons ripped like paper; blood spewed from his neck, coating the conquerer's feet and the shattered throne of the ancient statue.  His head rolled onto the floor, stopping between the two members of the Old World Order.

Requiem was killed! He was the Secretary of State, a member of the Town!

They each looked over at the pair of Lobbyists.

Wind whistled outside, and they looked towards the high arched windows. A burning rain still continued to fall to the pavement, steaming into the thick layer of mist, even as rays of overwhelming sunlight cut through the clouds overhead.

All five of them now understood the gravity of their situation: Whether or not a final decision was going to be made, it didn't seem like anyone was going to be leaving the Capitol any time soon.

Dayphase has started! It will end February 1st at Midnight! (Roughly 49 hours from now.)

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Leviwulf on Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:28 pm

Minby you dog.

Leviwulf
Hyrulean Vagabond

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Minby_Aran on Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:51 pm

Well, after the end of last day phase, and the night phase, there are much worse things you could have come out saying.

So, lets get the most obvious move of the game out of the way first.

Propose: Terraform the Earth

So, if the stakes weren't abundantly clear last phase, it should be even more obvious now. We know so much about each other that we're practically in a relationship at this point.

We know who owns the kingdom, and there can be no doubt at this point. The question that remains is what kind of kingdom do you own? Do you want a vast land of beautiful pastures, rolling hills, and outstanding scenery? Or would you prefer to rule over a land poisoned beyond belief?

After all this time, it would be such a shame that this land, already tainted by the blood of those we've known and worked with for years, would be ruined after all you've done and sacrificed for it.

I mean, we all know how thoroughly you control the votes today. You control everything. The ball is entirely in your court.

If I may ask for one more thing for this day, let it not be boring. It would be a shame to follow up the grand show of yesterday with the doldrums of a defeated populace.

Minby_Aran
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  Leviwulf on Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:24 pm

Minby_Aran wrote:I mean, we all know how thoroughly you control the votes today. You control everything. The ball is entirely in your court.

If I may ask for one more thing for this day, let it not be boring. It would be a shame to follow up the grand show of yesterday with the doldrums of a defeated populace.
Unfortunately things are closer than I'd like. And SOMEONE didn't follow through on their end of the deal
Although half is quite nice
Votex2 : Resolution Yay
Vote : Lynch Barda

(Fed also votes Lynch Barda)

Leviwulf
Hyrulean Vagabond

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Minby_Aran on Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:34 pm

Now, I may have very openly rejected your deal during the last day phase, but that part didn't even matter. You had the votes either way.

In night, I fell in line, even if it was with a knife to my throat.

The obvious votes from Av and Barda are resolution nay, and on one of you respectively. That's two each, and you and Fed should have three each. And that's ignoring any more vote manipulation you have.

Minby_Aran
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 2:20 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 21 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top