MAFIA GAME 29: THE RETURN

Page 3 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12 ... 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: MAFIA GAME 29: THE RETURN

Post  SnakeInABox on Sat Dec 05, 2015 2:16 pm

Nightphase has ended!

Mr. President walked into the sleeping quarters and closed the curtains behind him. He very carefully took his bright red tie off only to throw it onto his bed carelessly as he laid back and contemplated the events of the previous day. He was afraid, not for his life but for the lives of those he had sworn to protect. Among this group of political leaders was a lone terrorist, assuredly connected to an even bigger organization. If he didn't figure out who was behind this immediately, he had a feeling they would strike again as soon as they had another chance. What he couldn't wrap his head around, was how they were able to cheat the voting system... He saw everyone place their vote and leave. He was the last one to place his own vote, and he was sure there was no way someone could have manipulated the count. Someone must have added votes... or changed someone else's... maybe bribed? Even if they did manage to do one of those things, for Jeremy to have gotten the most votes there must have been...

He sat up in his bed, as it clicked together. This was much worse than he originally thought. This killer must be part of an organization... and that organization.. could be part of the assembly. He knew he had to tell them there was more than one rebel out there, but as he started to push up from the bed a tie wrapped around his throat. Mr. President tried to scream for help but couldn't get the noise out as he gasped frantically for air. His face began to turn blue, and as his vision went dark a voice whispered into his ear-

"Long Live the King."

Quaetam has been killed! He was Mr. President, a Townie.

The people finished their vote for Secretary General and sent for Mr. President to confirm the count. Vice President Guy pulled the curtain to the side, only to find Former Mr. President laid back, his tie wrapped around his neck and himself wrapped around in his sheets from the struggle, a horrifying display of red, white, and blue. Guy turned back to the crowd and announced the terrible news.

"The President has been murdered." He grabbed the ballot box as the crowd gasped and weeped at the news. "The hunt must continue. Mr. President can not die in vain. And someone has to lead. The group has come to a decision, and from now until we have blood for blood, Raya will be our Secretary General!

Dayphase has begun! It will end in 72 hours.

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Catterick on Sat Dec 05, 2015 3:12 pm

Well, the theme for this game seems to be voting. We now have 2 votes each, though from what Snake was saying, I think some members may have extra votes that are cast secretly.

This would explain how JGH27 got two extra votes last phase and died.

Now going from the write-up of Q's murder, it seems like the extra votes on JGH were from the mafia. My first thought was that they did this to protect SuicideAngel, who is one of them. I know it isn't a perfect theory, so I welcome discussion on this. For now though, I will

Vote: SuicideAngel

Also, am I correct in assuming that there is nothing to stop a mafia member becoming Secretary General? That's pretty scary.

Catterick
Cannibal Suspect

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Quaetam on Sat Dec 05, 2015 3:30 pm

GG - looking forward to see how this plays out Smile

Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SpoonMan Abrams X on Sat Dec 05, 2015 3:45 pm

Can someone make a PROPER vote count(s) for the last day phase? W/e was being used is terrible and uninformative

SpoonMan Abrams X
Dedede's Enforcer

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/LePieLives

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Sat Dec 05, 2015 3:56 pm

Catterick wrote:Well, the theme for this game seems to be voting. We now have 2 votes each, though from what Snake was saying, I think some members may have extra votes that are cast secretly.

This would explain how JGH27 got two extra votes last phase and died.

Now going from the write-up of Q's murder, it seems like the extra votes on JGH were from the mafia. My first thought was that they did this to protect SuicideAngel, who is one of them. I know it isn't a perfect theory, so I welcome discussion on this. For now though, I will

Vote: SuicideAngel

Also, am I correct in assuming that there is nothing to stop a mafia member becoming Secretary General? That's pretty scary.

The votes still wouldn't add up. We initially had 3 votes on JGH. Even if the mob started out as SG, they shouldn't have had more than 4 votes on him. Unless they REALLY wanted to make sure ánd have vote switcher..... I think. Am I missing something?

If this entire game is a metaphor for how corrupt the political system is, I'm gonna get pissed.

Regardless, we are going to get resolution proposals now I suppose. How game-breaking can we make these resolutions and does her madjesty the queen have anything particular in mind?

If not, how open is she to suggestions?

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Sat Dec 05, 2015 3:57 pm

I will do my best to update each 24 hours with a proper vote count.

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Sat Dec 05, 2015 4:33 pm

SpoonMan Abrams X wrote:Can someone make a PROPER vote count(s) for the last day phase? W/e was being used is terrible and uninformative

>

On it.

Last edited by Avalanche on Sat Dec 05, 2015 4:43 pm; edited 2 times in total

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sahrimnir on Sat Dec 05, 2015 4:35 pm

I apologize for not posting during Phase 1.

Anyway, looking through what has been posted and the role reveals, I have the following thoughts:

• JGH seems to have been a third party. While the mafia have been called other than things than "Mafia" in past games, "Lobbyist" doesn't seem to fit the royalist flavour in this game's mafia. So the most logical conclusion is third party.
  • Adding the fact that Quaetam apparently was a townie, this means that out of two deaths, none have been mafia.

Now let's look at a few of the votes.

• JGH27 voted Catterick.
  • Catterick and Quaetam both voted SuicideAngel.
  • SuicideAngel voted JGH27.

This is quite a neat circle and considering two out of those four have been cleared by flipping non-mafia upon death, that does cast some suspicion on the other two.
While Cat's vote for SA should imply that they're not both mafia, there is also the possibility that they did it to establish distance between each other. If the mafia had a bunch of extra votes to throw on JGH, that would make it less risky to vote for their team-mates.

Right now I think it's likely that at least one of Catterick and SuicideAngel are mafia, possibly both.

Sahrimnir
Bowser's Right Hand

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Catterick on Sat Dec 05, 2015 4:50 pm

Actually, I voted for JGH27, not SuicideAngel. It's very suspicious you made this mistake, since JGH was quite clear, he was voting for me because I voted for him.

Are you possibly a mafia who was tampering with my vote, and that's why you made such a mistake? Or were you just not paying attention?

In either case, you've given no actual evidence for why you think I'm mafia...except that I voted for SA (which I didn't)

Catterick
Cannibal Suspect

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Relmitos on Sat Dec 05, 2015 5:30 pm

Okay so, as far as I can tell, D1's vote tally actually ended like this. Left to right is voting order, left being first, right being last, if it matters.

Magician(1): Requiem
Requiem(2): Relmitos, Barda
Avalanche(1): Magician
Relmitos(1): DarkFalco
Quaetam(1): TD
Suicide(4): Raya, Fedaykin, Avalanche, Quaetam
JGH(3): TheTJ, Catterick, Suicide
Catterick(3): Smashbro, JGH, Spoonman

Which suggests that it wasn't JGH that should've hung in the first place, but Suicide, yet that is not what happened, as we all know. The first thought was a double voter, but that doesn't really make sense either because that would've just tied the vote. The common rules are either a no hang or a double hang on a tied vote, I don't believe I've seen a tied vote means a random guy between the two gets hung before so I find that unlikely.

Given that, there must be more at play then meets the eye. A vote control? Maybe but it would have to be a day action instead of a night action since it was D1, there hadn't been a night yet. Assuming that a vote control is at work here, that would probably leave Raya, Fedaykin, and Avalanche safe for now, and I question Catterick and Suicide right now. TheTJ is possibly connected if Catterick or Suicide is a mafian, or both of them are, but I find it unlikely. It's more likely TheTJ's just the poor sod that threw a vote up and people just climbed on the wagon rather then being an accomplice, as it's rather unwise for the mafia to throw all of their eggs in one basket, especially D1.

With that in mind, I'll be dropping a Vote: Suicide here. There's a really strange reason that he didn't hang, and while I don't know what it is, it seems really unlikely that a townie would throw his/her power around to save anyone like that on day 1, with NO information, revealing that his/her power exists in the first place. To me this seems more like a move by the mafia to save one of their own.

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sahrimnir on Sat Dec 05, 2015 7:53 pm

Catterick wrote:Actually, I voted for JGH27, not SuicideAngel. It's very suspicious you made this mistake, since JGH was quite clear, he was voting for me because I voted for him.

Are you possibly a mafia who was tampering with my vote, and that's why you made such a mistake? Or were you just not paying attention?

In either case, you've given no actual evidence for why you think I'm mafia...except that I voted for SA (which I didn't)
Huh? So you did, apparently. I blame the late hour. Somewhere I got things mixed up (and to be quite honest, I have no idea how that mistake actually happened).

Though that's still a closed circle of four people, two of which have been cleared by death. Not enough to warrant a vote, obviously, since I still haven't cast a vote on either of you two. But I'm still gonna watch both of you closely.

Sahrimnir
Bowser's Right Hand

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SuicideAngel on Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:00 pm

Ok, wow. Someone had to come tell me I was alive because I stopped checking the thread when Day 1 ended. I have a sneaking suspicion I'm being set up here because, I agree, I should have died. But since I'm here, I'll lay down a few theories as to what's going on.

I'll start by following up on my suspicions and Votes: Raya. I'll say it again, the reason you gave when starting that bandwagon on me was weak and you know it. And yet 2 others were pretty quick to jump onto that wagon, albeit for weak reasons of their own. I smell a setup here because so far everyone's been really quick shift the blame to me. What I'm reading thus far follows a line of logic that at least 3 mafians have some kind of power affecting votes, because that's how much the totals are off by, and they were all used to save me. It begs the question: "Why would the mafia save someone that's already suspected of being mafian?" Because it buys them 2 townie kills: Day 2 spent killing me, and a second night kill.

SuicideAngel
Dedede's Enforcer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Sat Dec 05, 2015 10:38 pm

SnakeInABox wrote:
The Secretary General serves for one dayphase, and cannot be lynched or vote.

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SuicideAngel on Sat Dec 05, 2015 11:17 pm

Ah, I didn't see that, sorry. But that's another thing, wouldn't the mafia naturally want to set up one of their own as SG? They have the advantage early on, being able to coordinate whereas we can't. Until I learn more, I'm still highly suspicious of Raya - I don't think the one who led the charge against me becoming Secretary General is a coincidence.

SuicideAngel
Dedede's Enforcer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Magician's Adviser on Sat Dec 05, 2015 11:47 pm

As intriguing as the mystery of the second vote is, I think we should give that more time so we can gather data. Maybe if we can find a pattern in this we can more accurately find the cause. Either way, I'm more curious about Spoon's sudden, unexplained vote switch.

The Magician's Adviser
Corrupt Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Minby_Aran on Sun Dec 06, 2015 12:15 am

I'm definitely not going to deny the fact that SA would be an easy Mafia railroading target, so I'd like to wait for a little more activity this phase to do anything about that.

I agree that lobbyist sounds more third-party than Mafia, but flavor has been misleading before. We'll have to see what comes up in the next day/night cycle.

I think it would be wise to hold off voting a bit early until we see a proposal. Since we have no idea what's about to come, as well as the vote counts likely becoming messy, I'm not going to vote just yet, but we need to press on people. Remember, Q is gone, so we can't rely on him. We need to step up an scumhunt ourselves.

Minby_Aran
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://valiant-brawlers.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  Relmitos on Sun Dec 06, 2015 1:04 am

Alright, with that in mind I'm willing to believe that yes it would make sense for the mafia to do that to buy another day phase of someone getting attacked and lynched that's not mafia, but it doesn't necessarily clean Suicide just because of that. I went and looked at Snake's post and a couple things occurred to me. The following.

SnakeInABox wrote:
Quaetam: One Vote

Relmitos: One Vote

Avalanche: One Vote

Magicians Advisor: One Vote

Requiem: Two Votes

Catterick: Three Votes

Suicide Angel: Four Votes

JGH27: Five Votes

Cutting straight to the point, Suicide had 4 votes and JGH had 3 but Snake said Suicide has 4 and JGH has 5. I had considered that maybe there was some vote stealing going on in some strange way, but being as Suicide still has 4 votes and all the other votes match, just JGH had 5 suddenly suggests to me that there is no vote stealing happening, at least not stealing from anyone that actually voted. This kind of suggests to me that there's some secret voting going on that we aren't privy to. I would suggest that someone has more voting power then us, but we all have a larger amount of votes now.

More importantly than that though, I feel, is the following.

SnakeInABox wrote:
Resolutions

Each nightphase, PM me the name of a player you wish to see become Secretary General.  At the start of the dayphase, I will publicly announce the new Secretary General.  

The Secretary General serves for one dayphase, and cannot be lynched or vote.  Their purpose: to propose a Resolution.  Resolutions are powerful proposals that will change the rules of the game.

We need to think outside the box here, people. What I propose is simple and the following. A Resolution is: powerful proposals that will change the rules of the game. Bolded for emphasis. Why don't we, say, vote yes to making it so that even though he's dead, Q, our now confirmed townie, can speak once more even though he's kinda dead? If we're going to change the rules of the game, let us do something REALLY significant that could really help us out? I'm willing to hear Raya's proposal, but I believe making it so Q can help us again is likely in the town's best interest.

On a more scum hunting tangent, I think I will support asking Spoon what the deal was with his vote swap there. I don't find it particularly damning, as the act really had no relevance on who actually hung. The swing was between JGH and Suicide, not Suicide and Catterick.  Spoon's vote went from Fedaykin to Catterick, not from Suicide or JGH to Catterick.

Doing finals I'll get back to this later.

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Sun Dec 06, 2015 2:50 am

The Magician's Adviser wrote:As intriguing as the mystery of the second vote is, I think we should give that more time so we can gather data. Maybe if we can find a pattern in this we can more accurately find the cause. Either way,  I'm more curious about Spoon's sudden, unexplained vote switch.

Well, there wasn't much motivation behind his vote for Fedaykin and literally zero apparent motivation behind his vote switch. As Relmitos pointed out, it isn't exactly the scummiest of vote-switches but a motivation behind his actions would not go amiss.

I'm still all for lynching SuicideAngel but he makes a very valid point. If the mafia don becomes SG, he cannot be lynched that dayphase and wont be killed unless we have a vig/SK. Definitely something to keep in mind while voting. Along with every mafiosi probably voting for him/her, they have a strong advantage in getting the white house. See, this is why we should just install a monarchy.

I kinda want to see how significant these proposed resolutions can be and whether or not we can find a way to break the game with them. Can we use it to have a shaman bind Q's spirit to the mortal plane? Can we choose to just not have a nightphase to cripple the mafia? Could we maybe invest a little into medical science to raise another doctor? Think of the possibilities. Or does the SG have a set list of resolutions to choose from?

Also, I'll post the voting record at the beginning of each new dayphase for easy reference.

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  barda_ehmos on Sun Dec 06, 2015 4:42 am

All are realy confuse for me, the president killing here lobbyist,, two persons died.
and everyone are incriminating each other about votes.
I choose to not voting that day.

barda_ehmos
Wario's Bodyguard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Sun Dec 06, 2015 6:56 am

I'll go over the thread and post speculations in a bit, but since I have approx 7 hours to propose a resolution, I have a question for Snake- how powerful can a resolution be? Can I propose that the mafia cannot kill this night phase, or that mafians get double votes next day phase? Or that PMs are allowed, or that double votes become visible? (eg Vote: JGH27x2). I don't want to waste a resolution because the GM decrees it's too powerful.

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

FUUUUUUCKKKKK YOOOOOUUUUU

the one time I trust you with my back and you plant a dagger in it.

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Magician's Adviser on Sun Dec 06, 2015 7:54 am

Madame Secretary, if I may propose a proposal. What if you proposed that "This day phase, as opposed to voting to lynch someone, we vote to resurrect someone".

If the great Snakeinabox in the sky allows it, having Q back would help immensely. Granted the mafia might just nightstab him a second time, but that would basically turn D2 into a voided day, except for the information we got from it. So if you choose to propose it, and SIAB allows it, it could do wonders for us

The Magician's Adviser
Corrupt Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Sun Dec 06, 2015 11:32 am

Snake sent me a message (which typically I discovered after I'd posted); rather than create your own resolution, the Secretary General chooses one from a list. Going on what he said in his end phase post, I need to post one, then we vote yae or nae on it. I can't discuss the options, so don't ask.

Propose: Background Check- Quaetam

Snake, can the SG explain what the proposed resolution is?

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Sun Dec 06, 2015 12:21 pm

The Secretary General can tell the town whatever they would like to regarding the passing of their proposed resolution, so long as they post the basic Resolution in bold first and foremost within the first 24 hours of the dayphase.

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Sun Dec 06, 2015 12:24 pm

Right, I can explain. Background Check means that it is publicly announced who the named player interacted with during the last 24 hours. Unfortunately, when I selected this proposition, I thought 'who the player interacted with' meant 'people who the player interacted with', which would include whoever targeted Q for a kill. I've now been told it actually means 'people who Q used his power on'. So...yeah. Not as clever a move as I thought it would be.

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Catterick on Sun Dec 06, 2015 3:09 pm

Are we allowed to say who we voted for to be the Secretary General? That could help if the mafia are voting their own in.

Catterick
Cannibal Suspect

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 6:46 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12 ... 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top