MAFIA GAME 29: THE RETURN

Page 21 of 21 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 19, 20, 21

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: MAFIA GAME 29: THE RETURN

Post  Leviwulf on Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:04 am

Minby_Aran wrote:
The obvious votes from Av and Barda are resolution nay, and on one of you respectively. That's two each, and you and Fed should have three each. And that's ignoring any more vote manipulation you have.
Their best bet is to stack everything onto one target, at least then that gives them a chance of blocking ONE victory. Fed can't move his votes so if there's a victory I'm going to ensure it's our own. Of course they could just give up and that should be a shame.
Since Fed won't be around to say it, let me open this round with
Viva... Las Vegas...

Leviwulf
Hyrulean Vagabond

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  barda_ehmos on Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:46 am

vote 2x: Avalanche

i don't want to mind anything about Enigma town or not, i don't want anything, it's not like the committee already exist now...

barda_ehmos
Wario's Bodyguard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Sun Jan 31, 2016 5:01 am

You take defeat in a most peculiar manner Barda. I mean yeah, I don't think either of us is winning anything now but to vote for the one guy that actually had your back? Fo shame.

vote: nay x2

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fedaykin on Sun Jan 31, 2016 6:55 pm

Gentlemen, welcome.

I would like to welcome you to a new era. The little gamble we forced you to participate in, was a smashing success. We were at a crossroad and you chose wisely because we made you choose it. Well done!

Thanks to you, the Old Way will become the New Way. And this way shall lead this wounded world to the healing it deserves.

You might think, that we would employ Mr. Aran, Big Soil, to lead this task. Despite his failure to acknowledge our superiority and his lack of belief in our abilities, we will use him. Use him, I say, not empower him.

How so?

Folks, it is simple. After Mr. Ehmos' unfortunate demise, a man I value as opponent, the Enigma will be uncovered. I don't expect Mr. Avalanche to enjoy the process. It might involve brain surgery. We will probably improvisieren.

With Mr. Wolf and my humble self left, we shall use Mr. Aran and his assets under our direct supervision.

This is the deal.

Folks, we left Vegas behind.

Let us take you on a magical ride to destiny.

Fedaykin
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Minby_Aran on Sun Jan 31, 2016 7:09 pm

Oh, I have no illusions that this will be fun, or painless, or any positive word at all.

What I do believe is that I am willing to suffer any amount of torture, any vile acts, anything you can put me through, just to put this land on it's way to being the glorious place it deserves to be.

I am willing to give myself for this cause, because this land does not belong to any one of us, or any individual. It is the land of our ancestors. All of the great and terrible men and women who came before us, and even those who will come after us. Whoever rules it now will only be temporary, as it has always been in the past. We are all dust, nay, soil in the wind. We shall all move on, leaving only the legacy we make, be it honorable, victorious, or foolish. I'm willing to suffer for my cause, so do what you must, but when this is all done, I implore you to respect this land, and honor all those who came before you and allowed you to do what you have done.

Minby_Aran
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://valiant-brawlers.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  Fedaykin on Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:03 pm

Good Sir, once again you twist the words in my mouth. You are of great use, Mr. Aran. You don't abuse a valuable tool, on the contrary. You apply great care. You maintain it well.

You value the Land as much as we do.

We might be just dust in the wind. But don't you know? The very earth our feet rest upon was just dust in the cosmic winds of creation. Our rule might not last forever. But the breeze we set in motion will manifest into eternity.

The words of the Saviour in Red and the Martyr in Green shall never be silenced. Their deeds shall remain unforgotten. We owe it to them.

Fedaykin
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Minby_Aran on Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:10 pm

There are worse fates that could have befallen these lands then your rule, but I struggle to think of any.

At least you understand the sacred ground you stand on, and understand the consequences of your actions.

Your methods are as deplorable as your goal is noble, but beware when you tread on the grounds of demons. They may lie dormant, but they are never truly gone.

Minby_Aran
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://valiant-brawlers.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  Fedaykin on Mon Feb 01, 2016 2:59 am

Just to make it official

all votes: Barda

And I do mean every single one

Back to sleep, Jetlag is a bitch

Fedaykin
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:14 pm

Dayphase ends in 45 minutes.

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Leviwulf on Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:58 pm

Unvote
Vote x3 : Resolution Yay

Leviwulf
Hyrulean Vagabond

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:59 pm

The Game has Ended!

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Fri Mar 04, 2016 4:13 pm

There was a brief pause as the five of them looked out through the large windows, somberly observing the maelstrom that continued to roar around the building with a ferocity that none of them had ever witnessed before. Just moments ago, The Secretary of State had been beheaded. His head had rolled across the floor but his eyes were locked into an eternal stare towards his last companion, the Whistle-blower, still kneeling a few feet away. With the Order’s backs turned from their hostages, he knew this was his only opportunity.

Barda leapt up quickly, reached behind his back, and produced a gun, which he immediately pointed at the King in front of him. The former monarch dropped his sword, and scoffed as he lifted his hands over his head, slowly and deliberately.

"You held onto that for this long?” asked the King, “I have to say, that's a pretty bold move. I'm almost impressed."

"Shut up, and join your friend there," Barda barked, gesturing with his gun towards the door where the Pharaoh stood, "Lobbyists, get behind me. It is all in the open – now we are in control."

He glanced back behind him for a moment at the Lobbyists as his voice turned to a whisper. "I have but one bullet. I will kill the King, and then you two will charge for the other. We can force him out the door and into the storm. Ready?"

The Old World Order looked at the lobbyists and the vigilante, in shock at how quickly the tables had turned. They then met each other’s gaze with desperation. The Pharaoh nodded and slowly reached into his pocket, ready to make a final stand. The Whistle-Blower saw this move, and swiveled his guns aim from the King to the Pharaoh, ready to deal his conviction.

As he pulled the trigger, Barda was yanked backwards and down to the floor. As quickly as he hit the ground, the ruthless Pharaoh had pounced him, plunging his knife into the last pure Politicians chest repeatedly until the King, sword back in hand, laid a hand on his shoulder.

Barda was lynched! He was The Whistleblower! Alignment: Townie

"It's done,” said the King, “You can relax now."

Allowing the Pharaoh to climb back to his feet, the King turned towards Big Soil. "What was your angle there. Whose side are you on?"

Minby stepped forward and flashed him a sly grin. "A show of good faith, perhaps? I know we haven't been on the best terms. I didn't have anything against the guy, but I don't think I could count on a politician to help me fix the world. I could count on two noblemen. That's simple math."

He looked back at his opponent, now the odd man out. "And what has he done? Who is this man, and why is he in here? Whatever organization he represents for clearly has power, but no one else can know how they'll use it. How do we know this storm isn't yours?"

Avalanche looked back, incredulous, "This is ridiculous. The world is tearing itself apart, and the guy whose entire mission revolves around manipulating the weather wants to accuse me?”

He turned to the Old World Order, who were keeping close with their weapons drawn, but had clearly decided to let this play out.

“I am the most powerful man in this room,” Avalanche said, authority and command clear in his voice, “and I'm still only just the messenger. The Old World Order may have control, but the realm it fights for is inconsequential – like a lion at a zoo, establishing dominance over its enclosure. The only true power belongs to the ones with the keys to the cage. There are bigger things at stake.”

He glanced back at the Order, who were keeping close with their weapons drawn but had chosen to let this play out. He turned his head back and found himself starring down into the barrel of a gun.

"One Bullet,” snarled the King, “Do you want me to use it now, or should we wait until your reinforcements get here?"
The Pharaoh stepped forward, raising his hand, “No, no. Don't waste your ammo. I think he's bluffing."

He looked out the windows and moved towards the front entrance. "This storm... It isn't like anything we've had to endure. I know I'm not the only one here who fears of what it might be."

He looked back at the bronze statue they usually tried to ignore. They didn't want to think about what had happened in the past, and what would eventually happen in the future – but they knew the stories, the legends. The omens had changed, and the sands of time had buried the truth behind the tales in a distant history, but its implications were universal.

"This can't be the Tempest," Minby replied with a shake of self-doubt in his tone, “The Tempest did not create boiling rain, it didn’t enlarge the sun. I see no monster, no holes in the world.”

"But how could we know? The Great Storm struck almost two hundred years ago, in the time of the ancient Kingdom. We built our nations on the understanding that we were living on borrowed time,” the King said, solemn, shaking his head. The Storm – and the Demon that wielded it – had been vanquished. But it was long thought that they would return someday to claim their world.

“If it has returned, there would be no telling how far beyond our Capitol it extends, assuming it hasn't covered the globe. If you’re right, there must be people out there waiting to move. That would be our best option: Figure out whether this is just your run of the mill apocalypse storm.”

Then, with a slight smirk, “Not, you know, endgame apocalypse storm."

There was a brief pause as the weight of the King’s words settled on the room. Each of the four survivors understood fully well what was at stake. Eyes darting between his three companions, Avalanche cleared his throat as he started his negotiation. "The best way to gauge the severity of the storm would be to wait it out. If this is the End of Days, this storm will only build in intensity until the world begins to collapse. If not, it will pass in time. I think we can use that time to come to an agreement that will benefit all four of us. This may be the only path that can bring an end to all of this."

His smile only lasted for a second, as Minby stepped between him and the Order, crossing his arms.

"I don't think so. If you're just the messenger boy, then I'm willing to bet that they are coming for you. I have a better idea than simply waiting and seeing what happens.”

He moved back to the door, and drew the bolt back unlocking it. The wind and rain pounded against the door ready to blow it away as he reached for the handle. The second he began to turn it the door flew open, the roar of the wind ringing through the room, and the burning steam began to seep inside.

"If your people are out there, give them this message: This world belongs to its people. If you want to try and take it from us, you'll have to come through us."

The King and the Pharaoh could almost hear echoes of the ancient League in Minby’s powerful, populist words. They had chosen their sides. The Old World Order drew their blades and advanced on Avalanche - the Enigma of a man was forced backwards slowly, until any progress would cast him into the boiling rain.

"I'm disappointed that you did not see my side. It is regrettable that you have chosen to remain at odds with my employers - if we’d worked together, we’d need spill no blood," He smiled and bowed professionally. When he arose, he met the other survivors with a steely gaze: “Alas, it seems we’ll have to proceed without your support.”

Without another word, Avalanche turned and walked out into the haze.

Steam flittered off of his body as he disappeared briefly into the pouring rain. Mere moments later, there was a flash of blinding, violet light, immediately followed by a thunderous blast that shattered the glass windows and knocked the three remaining survivors off of their feet.

Avalanche was endgamed! He was Enigma, a Lobbyist!

Mist and rain began to enter the elaborate chamber through the shattered windows.

Minby, Fedaykin, and Leviwulf picked themselves up, and collected their bearings before retreating from the lobby back towards the President’s Office. There’d be a shattered window there too, but at least the room wouldn't still smell like month old corpse. There they could discuss the implications of enacting The Big Soil Bill, along with how they would go forth with officially reclaiming their lands once the storm died. They weren't worried about the empty threat of Enigma, taking Avalanche’s explosive exit as a sign that the storm and the mysteries that came with it were soon to pass.

Thunder cracked and rain continued to poor, causing them to examine their surroundings. The Capitol Building was in a state of disarray – and they could only imagine the damage the precipitation was causing to the world outside. The storm continued to rage on - but the Old World Order had survived.

Now they’d have to save the Old World.

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 2:43 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 21 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 19, 20, 21

View previous topic View next topic Back to top