Brawler Red

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Brawler Red

Post  The Magician's Adviser on Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:24 am

So, I heard through the grapevine (a.k.a. the Skype Chat) That a romhack of fire red exists, and that some people are doing Nuzlocke runs in it. I figured I'd get in on that action, and maybe do a nuzlocke comic. Then I remembered I couldn't draw to save my life. Then thought, hey, why not just post videos of my adventures on a thread. Aaaand then my first recording got screwed up. So I'm going to write a summary of the first part of my adventure, and then have subsequent episodes be 20 to 30 minute long commentated videos. I wholly encourage everyone who's interested to post your TWBB Nuzlocke stuff in this thread and stuff.

So, I'm a trainer named Mage's (7 characters, what was I to do), I met a pokecannibal named Aspen who gave me a Spheal that he hadn't eaten. He also gave his grandson (granddaughter? Japanese genders are tricky like that) Vivvien an Aron. I named my Spheal Rollio (because that's how he rolls). Vivvien demanded that we throw down, so I obliged. It was a long, drawn out affair, with Rollio's powder snow chipping away at the opposing Aron who missed with his tackle one out of five times.Luckily, one out of five was all I needed.

Then I went and got Aspen's pokeball, got myself a pokedex, and then proceeded to catch a level 3 pidgey whom I named Laeres.

The Magician's Adviser
Corrupt Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Brawler Red

Post  Avalanche on Sat Jan 30, 2016 2:48 pm

What hack are you playing? There are quite a few of Fire Red.

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Requiem on Sat Jan 30, 2016 2:50 pm

Alright, so, less story mode, I made Ken my Rival because he's about as far from me in personality as possible. I took a Lonely Torchic named it Grim, didn't feel like being creative with names. Caught a Lonely 3rd Level Oddish and named it Virus, A Hasty 5th Level Growlithe, A Sassy 5th Level Vulpix named Bella (After A Friend), A Docile 6th Level Scyther named Sin, and a Serious 5th Level Ekans. Wiped out Smash's team with Virus, and then went out and caught a Sassy 8th Level Swablu which I named Christian (After another friend). I also broke rules and caught a Makuhita and named it Glover, because it amused me. I then dumped it into the last box where it shall remain until the end of time. That's as far as I've gotten, about to enter Mt. Surge.

Also, Av, we're playing yours

EDIT: Caught a Rash 10th Level Teddiursa named Shaman

Last edited by Requiem on Sat Jan 30, 2016 3:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

Requiem
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Sat Jan 30, 2016 2:54 pm

Not to dissuade new posting, but shouldn't this go under the video game discussion section?

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Sat Jan 30, 2016 5:18 pm

TD260 wrote:Not to dissuade new posting, but shouldn't this go under the video game discussion section?

Already on it.

But yeah, inspired by the skype chat, I also started replaying Av's FR hack Very Happy I'd forgotten how much fun this game is.

True to form I picked Spheal as my starter and named it Avalanche. And once again, it turned out to be female. DICKS chose Aron, and the battle was bloody hard for saying all my attacks were not very effective. The first Pokemon I caught was Barda the Vulpix (also female) who was a total bro that got me through Viridian Forest. On the way I caught Requiem the Cubone, Viero the Ledyba and Fedaykin the Ekans. Everyone except Fed is female.

The problem of course was dealing with Smash, the first gym leader, who utterly wrecked me first time I played this game. So I had to do a lot of grinding with Av, Fed and Viero to deal with him...only for Viero to fall to a critical hit, goddamn. There was also a terrifying moment when Fed got hit by a critical Ember attack and got burnt, the burn damage enough to kill him...but his Shed Skin ability kicked in and saved his life! And here I was complaining that he didn't get Intimidate. Phew, well done Fed Very Happy

I managed to defeat Smash by the skin of my teeth, and ended today's adventure by heading into the new route to find my new friend, who turned out to be DarkFalco the Jigglypuff. Also female. Fed is currently the pimp of my team.

I love this hack.

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

FUUUUUUCKKKKK YOOOOOUUUUU

the one time I trust you with my back and you plant a dagger in it.

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Sat Jan 30, 2016 5:30 pm

Holy shit, you guys still have that? I actually kind of forgot I made it in the first place. I should check to see if I still have it somewhere....

Personally, I feel the need to recommend lightplatinum and omicron/zeta.

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:00 am

With a little help of Raya and Requiem I am already storming Mt. Surge with a full team of 6 pokemon, which probably means that I am going to lose two or three when I go up against Darkfalco (who is probably the least balanced gymleader). Smash wasn't much of a problem because I had Ice Balls for days. I got a team of:

Bizkit the Sealeo (he keeps on rolling)
Bob the Rattatta (generic name for generic pokemon)
Raya the Vulpix (get it? cause she's a fox? Hah!)
Smash the Sandshrew
Maria the underleveled Nidoran and Leopold the underleveled Magikarp.

I will keep you posted on how my adventure shall continue.

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Wed Feb 03, 2016 6:10 pm

Just beat Darkfalco without losing a pokemon because I had Ice Balls for days. YES!

I just lost two pokemon prior. BOO!

Bob and Leopold are no more (until I fish with the Old Rod in Port Austin and catch Leopold II). Bob got taken down by a surprise critical hit of a Girafarig and Leopold got stuck facing a Diglett with Arena Trap. Thems the breaks.

Their current replacements are Bruce the Tyrogue gone Hitmonlee and Serras the Elekid.

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Requiem on Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:41 pm

Elekid's a boss

Requiem
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:38 am

Oh right, I forgot..... Uhm, when leaving Celadon/Ansemnia, you may want to take a pokemon with cut with you. I forgot I messed up the way the maps connected and fucked up Razz

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 7:06 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top