Official video game music remixes

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Official video game music remixes

Post  Relmitos on Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:52 pm

For the record I'm also counting different versions of a song that are different enough to warrant mention.

Anyway, I was having a conversation with a good friend of mine and I remembered a debate I had awhile ago concerning which of the following versions of the song were better.

or

We ended up agreeing that the original version was better mostly because the second version of it suppresses the piano to much. Skipping ahead a little to get to the point, knowing a good bit of her gaming history I started showing her music of older games from before she started, and it snowballed into this. I've been starting with an old piece of music from games and then getting every single remix/variant of it I could find to see how it evolved over the years. You guys will know most of these I'm sure but maybe there's a version I found you weren't aware of or something, and one of you gave me a tiny push to post this on the forum anyway. Who knows, maybe you guys can pick your favorites like I have my friend doing from each set, or maybe you guys have some suggestions for what I could do next, because eventually I'm going to run out of ideas and have to change the game plan up a bit to accommodate "Ran out of music that got remixed". I'll have these in chronological order to the best of my knowledge and with their NA release date attached just for reference. At any rate, enough talking. Here's music. Putting it all in individual spoilers because if I don't think is going to be a ENORMOUS post. Been a long time since we started so I may not remember everything, but I'll try.

I started really small while this was new, I didn't want to launch right into some piece of music with 10+ remixes to it.

This was a great piece of music from a real underrated classic. Do recommend if you haven't played it. The SNES version, the DS remake is some abomination that's only vaguely similar to the SNES version.
Lufia 2 Boss music:

Original: Lufia 2: The Rise of the Sinistrals, Aug. 31, 1996

Remake: Lufia: Curse of the Sinistrals, Oct. 12, 2010

Between the two I lean towards the original more, but I'm a huge fan of the trumpet solo thing in the remake, so I don't think it's without merit.

This one was impossible to not bring up as a great piece of game music.

Stickerbush Symphony:

Original: Donkey Kong Country 2, Diddy Kong's Quest. Nov. 20, 1995

All of you should know this one, but here it is anyway, /shrug

Remake: Super Smash Bros Brawl, March 9, 2008

Remake: Donkey Kong Country:Tropical Freeze. Feb. 21, 2014

Truthfully, I like both the remakes more then the original. Tropical Freeze's version I can leave on repeat for a long time.

I think this one was next? This one sounded like childhood.

Bowser's Road:

Original: Super Mario 64, Sept. 29, 1996

Now, I'm going to include this next one here for completeness-sake, but I'm going to tell you straight up. It's *almost* exactly the same as the one in the original Super Mario 64, the only difference is that this one is sped up some compared to the original. Feel free to skip over this one.
Remake: Super Mario 64 DS, Nov. 21, 2004

Remake: Super Mario Galaxy, Nov. 12, 2007

Remake: Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games, Oct. 13, 2009
Small bit of trivia: This is a version of Bowser's Road made by Sonic Team's music crew, not Nintendo's. So here's Sonic Team's take on it.

Remake: Super Mario Galaxy 2, May 23, 2010

Sadly, once more I must say I'm putting these next 2 here for completeness sake. Sonic Team kind of took the lazy way out and used the same version of it for all the Mario & Sonic games it has appeared in.
Remake: Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games, Nov. 15, 2011

Remake: Mario & Sonic at the Sochi Olympic Winter Games 2014

Nostalgia demands I say I like Bowser's Road from Super Mario 64 the most, but really I think I give "Best" to either Mario & Sonic or Super Mario Galaxy.

I felt I could do longer sessions at this point, so iirc I moved onto pieces with more remixes/variants. Naturally first thing in my mind was B&K.

Gruntilda's Lair:
Rare I've always considered the king of remixes/variations of their music if they truly want to. In Banjo-Kazooie they did. This spoiler is ALL from just Banjo-Kazooie, though I'm sure that didn't need explaining. Since this is all one game I'm not going to bother with dates or anything, I'm just putting up names to match.

Gruntilda's Lair Main

Gruntilda's Lair Mumbo's Mountain

Gruntilda's Lair Treasure Trove Cove

Gruntilda's Lair Clanker's Cavern

Gruntilda's Lair Underwater

Gruntilda's Lair Bubblegloop Swamp

Gruntilda's Lair Freezeezy Peak

Gruntilda's Lair Gobi's Valley

Gruntilda's Lair Mad Monster Mansion

Gruntilda's Lair Rusty Bucket Bay

Gruntilda's Lair Click-Clock Woods

Gruntilda's Lair Grunty's Furnace Fun

Gruntilda's Lair Top of the Lair

Gruntilda's Lair Final Battle

Out of all these, I like the Gobi's Valley, Mad Monster Mansion, and Grunty's Furnace Fun the most. Best? That one's tough.

I'll post the rest later, after I get less irritated that the forum ate 2 versions of this post already that had more then this on it.

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Official video game music remixes

Post  Raya on Sat Aug 13, 2016 1:43 pm

I love remixes. Hijacking thread with my absolute favourite:

Here's the original, and tbh, I think the remix is the superior version, but you be the judge:

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

FUUUUUUCKKKKK YOOOOOUUUUU

the one time I trust you with my back and you plant a dagger in it.

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Relmitos on Sat Aug 13, 2016 2:21 pm

More.

Banjo-Tooie Isle o'Hags:

I like the Isle o'Hags music a lot so I couldn't do just Gruntilda's Lair and not do Isle o'Hags since they were the hub worlds of both games.

Isle o'Hags Main

Isle o'Hags Mayahem Temple

Isle o'Hags Glitter Gulch Mine

Isle o'Hags Witchy World

Isle o'Hags Jolly Roger's Lagoon

Isle o'Hags Terrydactyland

Isle o'Hags Grunty Industries

Isle o'Hags Hailfire Peaks

Isle o'Hags Cloud Cuckooland

Isle o'Hags Cauldron Keep

I always liked the Glitter Gulch Mine one, myself.

Something not Banjo-Kazooie related this time.

Super Mario Bros 3 Athletic:

Okay so I did a little something unusual with this particular batch, I'll make note of it when we get to it, but for now, Super Mario Bros 3 Athletic.

Super Mario Bros 3; Feb. 9th, 1990

Super Mario All-Stars; Aug. 1, 1993

Super Mario Advance 4, Super Mario Bros 3; Oct 21, 2003. Not exactly a monstrous change in this one but, you know, Gameboy Advance music.

Super Mario Galaxy, Nov. 12, 2007. This also appears in Super Mario 3D Land(Nov. 13, 2011)

Mario & Sonic at the Sochi Winter Olympic Games; Nov. 15, 2013(This one was also in the London Games, but not going to list that this time. Just know that it is.)

Super Smash Bros 4; Nov. 21, 2014

I thiiiiiiink that's all the "Mario Bros 3" Athletic remixes. Moving on to the oddities. As far as I can tell, Mario Bros 3 is the first time Nintendo used the name "Athletic" for one of their pieces of music. That being said, they've used the name Athletic repeatedly. So here are all the other pieces I could find from Mario games labeled as "Athletic", and there are a lot. Here, instead of strictly chronological order, I'm going to have them in chronological order while also matching the songs to other versions of themselves.

Super Mario World; Aug. 13, 1991.  I cannot lie, this is by far one of my most favorite Mario musics. I played Super Mario World way more then I probably should've.

Super Smash Bros Melee; Dec. 3, 2001. This is DEFINITELY my favorite version of the Mario World Athletic though, the banjo sells it.

Super Mario Advance 2, Super Mario World; Feb. 11, 2002

Super Mario Galaxy 2, May 23, 2010. It's not technically NAMED Athletic, but it is what it is.

Just as an added bonus video, clearly not official but I thought it was neat enough to where I had to show this to.

That's the last of the Mario World Athletics that I'm aware of. Onward to a single.

Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins, Nov. 2, 1992

The Yoshi's Island Athletic theme, there's a small number of these.

Super Mario World 2, Yoshi's Island. Oct. 4, 1995

Super Mario Advance 3, Yoshi's Island Sept. 24, 2002

Fortune Street, Jan. 23, 2012 I......am still shocked they did a Mario x Dragon Quest crossover, even as some weird Monopoly/Mario Party-ish game

Super Smash Bros 4, Nov. 21, 2014(This version also appeared in Super Smash Bros Brawl[March 9, 2008], and I would've posted that instead but this version was recorded better then the Smash Bros Brawl ones I found)

New Super Mario Bros, May 15, 2006

New Super Mario Bros Wii, Nov. 5, 2009

New Super Mario Bros 2, Aug. 19, 2012

I was wondering if I should do this or not, since it's the same thing as the New Super Mario Bros 2 one, but it's got extra going on in it, so I decided why not. Whole point is to just show the different variations of a single music theme. It's different enough, anyway.

Still New Super Mario Bros 2

Super Smash Bros 4, Nov. 21, 2014

New Super Mario Bros Wii U, Nov. 18, 2012

Super Mario 3D World, Nov. 22, 2013

Actually, Mario 3D World has 2 tracks titled Athletic in it, so here's number 2.

I think that was all of them I showed originally, plus a couple I missed the first time around. That's enough this time, next will be a mighty Zelda post.

Last edited by Relmitos on Sat Aug 13, 2016 3:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Relmitos on Sat Aug 13, 2016 2:25 pm

Raya wrote:I love remixes. Hijacking thread with my absolute favourite

Oh, I encourage it. That's the whole point of the thread, when I made it I didn't have in mind just me posting remixes. Feel free to post em. Hardcore ninja there btw.

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Relmitos on Tue Aug 16, 2016 1:41 am

This one pleased me to hunt down when I gathered them the first time. You all know it. Zelda time!

Zelda Theme:

So there are a few where the theme doesn't start at the start of a video, and the youtube button won't link it to that second it starts even though I tell it to, so I'll just say when it starts when it's relevant.

The Legend of Zelda, Feb 21, 1986

The original Legend of Zelda had two versions of the main theme, the above for the title screen, the following for the overworld.

I'm not gonna lie, I thought about if I should include this next one or not, but after debating with myself I decided why the hell not. It's not gonna hurt anyone. The Zelda theme IS there, but only the first 7 seconds of the video before it abandons it and launches into it's own overworld music. So be aware before starting this video, there's not much of the main Zelda theme in it.

Zelda II: The Adventure of Link, Jan. 14, 1987

This is the first version of it I ever heard myself, being an SNES generation kid.
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, Nov. 21, 1991

This next game had a number of these in it, so the next few are all from the same game.

The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening, Aug. 1993
Title Screen

File Select

Go to 1:14 in the next video for the start of the theme

File Select Alternate

Overworld

Moving on from Link's Awakening

The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Oct. 26, 2000

You may have noticed that we went straight from Link's Awakening to Majora's Mask, this is because Ocarina of Time did not actually have the theme in it, oddly enough.

Alright so the next one is actually two games at once, as they were released at the same time and meant as a "Part A" and "Part B" to be played together. That said, this is another Gameboy/Gameboy Color game, and as such they used the same title screen and file select music as Link's Awakening, but they are not without unique versions.

Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages, Oracle of Seasons, May 14, 2001

Overworld(Past)

Ending

Game Over

I wish I had friends who LIKED playing this next one, I thought it was fun.

The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords, Dec. 2, 2002
Title Screen

Game Select

The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker, March 24, 2003

Go to 0:50 for the theme

Prologue

The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures, Jun. 7,2004
Title Screen

Overworld

I really like this next version, the intro is strong.

The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap, Jan. 10, 2005
Title

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Nov. 19, 2006

Go to 1:45
Credits

The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass, Oct. 1, 2007

While the original did not have the theme, the 3D remake finally got it's act together and had it in there somewhere.
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D, Jun 19, 2011

Go to 8:30
Credits

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, Nov. 20, 2011

Go to 2:35
Credits

Next one has a small number of them.

The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds, Nov. 22, 2013
Hyrule Field 1

Hyrule Field 2

Main Theme(Milk Bar)

Beginning Field

go to 2:55
Credits(Admittedly not much to this one, but it IS there)

and here we are done with the versions of the Zelda main theme in actual Legend of Zelda games. Are we done with the Legend of Zelda theme? Hell no. Plenty of games that aren't exactly canon have the theme.

Super Smash Bros, April 26, 1999
Hyrule Field

I shouldn't do the victory jingles, but I will.

Super Smash Bros Melee, Dec. 3, 2001
Great Bay

Victory Jingle

Super Smash Bros Brawl, March 9, 2008
Bridge of Eldin

Victory Jingle

Super Smash Bros 4, Nov 21, 2014

This game surprises me for even existing, tbh.

Donkey Konga, Sept. 27, 2004

I think it's debatable if this game is "canon" or not, but next up IS
BS Legend of Zelda, 1996
Title Screen

Overworld

BS Legend of Zelda: Ancient Stone Tablets, 1997

Overworld:

Some of you may or may not know Link was even in this game, but he was. If you played it on the Gamecube anyway.

Soul Calibur 2, July 5, 2002

Trivia! Soul Calibur 2 was released on every platform at the time, Gamecube, Xbox, and PS2. Each system had their own unique character in it, Gamecube's obviously being Link. Who were the extras in the Xbox and PS2 versions? No google-fu, you cheater!

Legend of Zelda: Battle Quest

Hyrule Warriors, Sept. 26, 2014
Hyrule Field

Credits

and finally, the last one I know of.
Mario Kart 8, May 30, 2014

Last video game one anyway. Let's call this a bonus. It's still official anyway.

Okay that took many hours to put together. Worth.

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Weldar on Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:53 pm

There's a whole bunch I could talk about here, especially with remixes from Super Smash Brothers, but it would be spoilers for the music quiz so I'll hold off for a bit. Instead lets talk about some games that used remixes to interesting effect.

Banjo Kazooie:
Relm already pretty extensively covered this one but its worth noting all that stuff he posted is totally dynamic. As you get closer to a level entrance the music fades between the normal overworld music and that level's remix of it. They use this plenty within levels too. Just within the first level you've got

The original

This only slightly different version that plays near the giant termite mound

This more tribal version that plays near Mumbo's Hut

This more ominous version that plays near the hostile gorilla

And your nice clam underwater version, something that all levels with water have. And the game transitions between all of these on the fly as you move through the level. Relm's definitely right, Rare were some of the kings of remixes.
Banjo Tooie kept up much the same trend but I'd be remiss not to mention my favourite addition, boss fights. These were usually the most fun remixes turning the standard level theme into more frantic battle music.

Also while we're talking Banjo Kazooie I may as well mention the one good thing to come out of Banjo Kazooie Nuts and Bolts, this track

This level is basically a museum dedicated to the first two Banjo Kazooie games and so its music is basically just a medley of remixes of classic level themes. In order you've got: Click Clock Woods, Freezeey Peak, Mad Monster Mansion, Gobi's Valley, Cloud Cuckooland, Mayahem Temple and Rusty Bucket Bay. Its pure fanservice through and through but its still amazing.

Crypt of the Necrodancer:
This is definitely the most interesting uses of remixes in a game I know about, I guess it makes sense coming from a fairly interesting rhythm game. Crypt of the Nercodancer is a rhythm roguelike. Pretty straight forward grid based game but with the added gimmick of only being able to move on the beats of the music lest you suffer some sort of penalties. Of course the soundtrack is pretty important for a game like this so the orignal soundtrack was done by Danny Baranowsky (composer for Super Meat Boy among other things) Here's the first level music

But eventually they added two other versions of the soundtrack to the game

An EDM remix by A_Rival

And a metal remix by FamilyJules7x
By default these different soundtracks play for different characters, but you have the option to use any soundtrack for any character. And when the game came out on ps4/vita they updated it to add two more

An 80s synth remix by Girlfriend Records

And a chiptuneish midi remix by Virt (aka Jake Kaufman, composer for Shovel Knight and many other indie games). As a fun extra little secret Virt's versions of the songs are also made to be able to be played over the top of the original Danny Baranowsky tracks to create a third track
End result is you've got a game with five official remixes of its entire soundtrack all in the game, it was a pretty good soundtrack to begin with and with all the different versions there's gotta be at least one for everyone. I'll leave you with all the versions of one of my favourite boss tunes.

Mother 3:
One of my all time favourites, excellent game and some of the best soundtracks to come out of the gba. Mother 3 also does some interesting things by virtue of taking some rhythm game elements despite being an rpg. By pressing the attack button to the beat of the background music you can score extra hits for more damage. This means that as the game gets harder the beats also tend to get trickier. And with the classic rpg trope of harder, probably recoloured, they bring with them trickier remixes of their music with faster beats

Or different pauses to trip you up

One of the more difficult tracks to combo to used for tough bosses is Strong One with a 15/8 time signature

The final boss gets its own unique version of the track which cuts off half a beat on each loop meaning it technically has the very silly 29/16 time signature

Onto less unique things Mother 3 also makes extensive use of leimotifs the one it takes it by far the furthest with is the pigmask army theme

You may also recognise it as Porky's theme from Brawl

If I wanted to list all the remixes this gets I'd be here all day so I'll just give a few: I already linked Piggy Guys/Piggy Something above which is one of them

(this one also got a Smash Bros remix

(A personal favourite of mine)

I'm not a Vacuum!
[quote="Quaetman"]
There was a flash of lightning, and the figure’s visage was illuminated for a moment, a single, terrifying moment, a revelation that seemed to stop the world dead.

“Checkmate,” said Weldar, and fired his bullet into JGH27’s heart.
[/quote][quote="King Avalanche"] I doubt any of our craniums will come out of this game a virgin cause Weldar is gonna fuck them all.[/quote]

Weldar
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Relmitos on Thu Aug 18, 2016 3:47 am

That was a lot of Porky's theme, didn't even know Crypt of the Necrodancer was a thing but I at least like the music. Interesting mechanic with Mother 3, pressing attack commands in time with the music for more damage. I wouldn't have figured that out if they don't tell you straight up that's what they do.

I enjoy these next two sets.

Mute City:

F-Zero, Nov. 21, 1990

F-Zero X, Oct. 26, 1998

F-Zero GX, Aug 25, 2003

F-Zero GP Legend, Sept. 20, 2004

F-Zero Climax, Oct. 24, 2004

Pretty sure that from F-Zero specifically I can say that the ones I like most are F-Zero and F-Zero GX versions, but we're not done with Mute City yet.

Trivia! Mute City has featured in every single F-Zero game with the exception of one, F-Zero Maximum Velocity, in which it was replaced with Bianca City, which has a significantly less cool theme to it, imo.

Super Smash Bros Melee, Dec. 3, 2001

Super Smash Bros Brawl, March 9, 2008

Super Smash Bros 4,

Super Smash Bros 4 also reused the Melee version as one of the alternatives

Mario Kart 8

This next one I actually just consider it to be video game music history because of what it is, but that just might be me. I was excited to show this to my friend.

Green Hill Zone:

Sonic the Hedgehog, June 23, 1991

Sonic the Hedgehog(8-bit), Oct. 25, 1991

Sonic Adventure 2, June 18, 2001

Sonic Battle, Jan. 5, 2004

Sonic Advance 3, June 7, 2004

and because Sonic games that follow the classic formula have an act 1 and an act 2 version of the music pieces,

Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games, Nov. 6, 2007

Next game actually had 2 versions of it in it
Sonic Generations(Classic), Nov. 1, 2011

Sonic Generations(Modern)

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Relmitos on Sat Sep 03, 2016 4:14 pm

Maybe I waited a little to long before adding to this thread but here's more. This time with a little trivia and a bonus round you may or may not know actually exists.

Star Wolf:
This is no doubt one of my favorite pieces of music to come out of Starfox games. I really like it, so naturally I was going to do one about this.
Starfox 64, April 27, 1997

This one is probably my favorite version of it, I appreciate well used trumpet solo's.
Starfox Assault, Feb. 14, 2005

Starfox Command, Aug. 3, 2006

This one I felt that even though it's the 3DS remake of a 64 game so the music is exactly the same, they did it different enough to warrant it's mention.
Starfox 64 3D, July 14, 2011

I said Assault was my favorite version, but this one is a very close second.
Starfox Zero, April 21, 2016

This remains Star Wolf theme until about 1:10 in, where it switches to Sector Z
Super Smash Bros 4, Sept. 14, 2014

Trivia and bonus round time!
What you probably know is that the Starfox series started with Starfox on the SNES, and the first sequel would be Starfox 64, which is where Star Wolf originally appeared. You would be correct about that, but what you might not know is that Starfox 64 was not originally planned to be the first sequel and was not planned on being Star Wolf's debut. Nintendo made a Starfox 2 for the SNES, and it kind of confuses me as to why they decided to scrap it after making a nigh completely finished game, if not totally finished. Starfox 2 is playable in full if you can find the roms for it. That said, Star Wolf theme Starfox 2. I think what we got in Starfox 64 was better, but it's not bad.

Starfox 2, unreleased

Surely you didn't think I'd never put in Final Fantasy music, did you?

Final Fantasy IV Boss music:

I was kind of surprised I found as many versions of this as I did, honestly.

Final Fantasy IV SNES(Ignore the II, it was IV in Japan before they decided to give us the real Final Fantasy II and III, though I suspect you all knew that), July 19, 1991

I'm not gonna lie, I had to go look up what a Wonderswan was when I saw "FFIV Wonderswan" while looking for remixes of this. I didn't even know it existed. The Wonderswan versions of every single FFIV piece amuses me greatly.

Final Fantasy IV Wonderswan, July 19, 1991

I'd say something about this being a bonus round or maybe trivia, but being what it is, I think most if not all of you have discovered this version before, so I'll not do that.

Super Mario RPG, March 9, 1996

Final Fantasy IV Advance, Dec. 12, 2005

While I'm always a big fan of the original, I must say I think I like this one more.
Final Fantasy IV DS, Dec. 20, 2007

Final Fantasy IV just happened to be one of the only games to receive a direct sequel.

Final Fantasy IV: The After Years, Feb. 18, 2008

and here's one that's actually a remix of it and not just rearrangements.

Final Fantasy Dissidia, Dec.18, 2008

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Relmitos on Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:20 pm

One more batch of Final Fantasy music before moving on to something else, I'd suspect most of you know this tune.

Chocobo Theme:

Doing this one a little differently. Instead of chronologically, I'm just going to list these in series order. If I did it Chronologically, due to remakes, I'd end up having a version of FF3's sometime after FF9 or so.

Here's the original that started it all.

Final Fantasy II, Dec. 17, 1988
NES version

PSP version

Final Fantasy III, April 27, 1990

Final Fantasy III DS, Nov. 14, 2006

FFIV gets a large number of these things with how many rereleases it got, plus the fact it had a couple versions of the theme in it. For the sake of not overloading this post more then I have to, I'm only going to post the SNES and DS versions of this, but know that there is the Wonderswan and GBA versions of it as well. Just the SNES and DS ones are 6 videos alone.

Final Fantasy IV,  Nov. 3, 1991
Yellow Chocobo Theme

Black Chocobo Theme

Chocobo Forest Theme(Not exactly a full version of the Chocobo theme, but it is what it is.)

Final Fantasy IV DS, July 22, 2008
Yellow Chocobo Theme

Black Chocobo Theme

Chocobo Forest Theme

Final Fantasy V, Dec. 6, 1992
Normal Chocobo Theme

Boco's Theme

Oh I like this next one.
Final Fantasy VI, Oct. 11, 1994

Final Fantasy VII, Sept. 7, 1997

Chocobo Theme

Chocobo Racing theme

Chocobo Battle music

Final Fantasy VIII, Sept. 9, 1999

Chocobo Theme

I'm gonna be honest, I'm not sure where this plays, heh

Oddly enough, FFVIII has Chocobo Forests, but they sound nothing like the Chocobo theme,

Final Fantasy IX, Nov. 13, 2000

Chocobo Theme

Chocobo Forest Theme

Final Fantasy X, Dec. 17, 2001

Final Fantasy X-2, Nov. 18, 2003

Final Fantasy XI, May 16, 2002

Chocobo Theme

Pretty sure most of you know by now that I've been playing FFXI since before I found this forum, and still am, but despite that, I've never heard this next version of this theme in the game. I suspect that's because it plays in the Chocobo Racing minigame thing, and there's no point in doing that, thus I've never done it.

Chocobo Racing

Chocobo Circuit(You'll have to go to 0:50 in it to get to the chocobo theme bit in it)

Final Fantasy XII, Oct. 31, 2006
Chocobo Theme

Sadly, again I must say "Not sure exactly where this is".

Final Fantasy XIII, March 9, 2010

Chocobo Theme while on Cocoon(Don't stop this one when it loops once, keep it going until at least a little past 1:30. Not a good idea to skip straight to it though.)

Chocobo Theme while on Pulse

Final Fantasy XIII-2, Jan. 31, 2012

Chocobo Theme

Red Chocobo Theme(I don't really like this one, the lyrics are....let's say strange.)

Chocobo Racing

Final Fantasy XIII-3, Feb. 11, 2014

Final Fantasy XIV, Sept. 30th, 2010

Companion Chocobo Theme

Porter Chocobo Theme

Final Fantasy XV, Nov. 29, 2016

Just to throw a bit of an unexpected surprise entry(Maybe, you might know of this game, I don't know), here's

Chocobo Racing

I think out of all of these versions of the Chocobo Theme, my favorite is FFXV's, actually. That being said, I do really like VI's, VIII's, IX's, X's, XIV's porter chocobo versions. Those are probably my highest ranking ones.

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Weldar on Thu Sep 15, 2016 8:51 am

Man what are you talking about, Crazy Chocobo is clearly the best version of the chocobo theme.

Also yeah so back with Mute City you mentioned the Melee remix came back in Smash 4 but it wasn't just it, the Brawl remix was back to. And Smash 4 also has the original unedited snes version of the song making a grand total of 4 remixes of the same song all on the one stage. But its not the most over represented song in Smash 4 that dubious honour goes to....

Spoiler:
DK Island Swing or "Jungle Level" as Smash Brother prefers to call it. That's the original version, its used for the first level in Donkey Kong country and many other levels, though that particular mix was never used in Smash. We start out in Smash 64 with it playing on the Kongo Jungle stage

Melee brought us two Donkey Kong stages, one used a remix of the amazing DK rap but Jungle Japes gave us a new remix of DK Island Swing

Brawl finally brought in the ability for stages to have more than one or two music tracks so despite there only being one (honestly quite terrible) stage that played Donkey Kong Country music we got two new remixes, this is also where the Jungle Level name started.

I particularly enjoy version 2, might be my favourite of these overall.

Smash 4 is when it really got ridiculous though. Kongo Jungle from the 64 version returned as a stage so unsurprisingly the original 64 music came back with it, it also reused Jungle Level Ver 2. from Brawl and had a whole new remix, Jungle Level Tribal Style.

But there was also a new Donkey Kong stage, Jungle Hijinx, this one brought back the Jungle Level remix from Brawl and had a new jaazy remix

And on top of that it also included two remixes from within the Donkey Kong Country franchise. The Donkey Kong Country Returns version where it once again served as the early jungle levels theme (the titular Jungle Hijinx)

And the Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze version where it was instead used as the remix for the unlockable bonus temple levels.

That's 8 versions of the track across Smash Bros, 7 of which appear in the wiiu version spread over only two stages. And it very well could have been all 8, the only one missing is Jungle Japes from Melee which did actually return as a stage in the 3ds version, but it used the Smash 64 music instead of the melee music.
I could have done a full breakdown of this in general not just for Smash, I'm pretty sure a version of it appears in almost every DK game but I most confess, I don't actually particularly care for DK Island Swing. Its not a bad track by any means but I personally find it doesn't hold a candle to many of its peers within the dkc franchise. I understand its over representation in Smash Brothers since at the end of the day its still the franchise's most iconic song but I can't help but feel its kind of squandering some potential. I would definitely prefer a couple of these 8 remixes were remixes of different Donkey Kong Country tracks instead.

I'm not a Vacuum!
[quote="Quaetman"]
There was a flash of lightning, and the figure’s visage was illuminated for a moment, a single, terrifying moment, a revelation that seemed to stop the world dead.

“Checkmate,” said Weldar, and fired his bullet into JGH27’s heart.
[/quote][quote="King Avalanche"] I doubt any of our craniums will come out of this game a virgin cause Weldar is gonna fuck them all.[/quote]

Weldar
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Relmitos on Sat Sep 24, 2016 12:03 am

Alright so the 1st page has gotten overloaded and the spoilers aren't preventing things from being loaded until you open them anymore. As a result the first page is taking a bit to load, and it killed my browser while I was trying to post my next set. So I'm just going to push this thread to the 2nd page so we can bypass that, you're just going to have to forgive me for the junk posts.

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Relmitos on Sat Sep 24, 2016 12:06 am

At least I picked a good piece of music for this when I get this thread to the 2nd page. I like it anyway.

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Relmitos on Sat Sep 24, 2016 12:07 am

Shouldn't be that many more posts, I believe.

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Relmitos on Sat Sep 24, 2016 12:08 am

+1 post

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Relmitos on Sat Sep 24, 2016 12:08 am

See previous post

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Relmitos on Sat Sep 24, 2016 12:09 am

lol!

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Relmitos on Sat Sep 24, 2016 12:13 am

I was going to find a picture that said Post +1, but I decided not to put that tiny bit of extra load on the page. That and I didn't find one immediately.

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Relmitos on Sat Sep 24, 2016 12:14 am

Writing my post over again is kinda going to suck but I don't think it'll be that bad.

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Relmitos on Sat Sep 24, 2016 12:16 am

I would like to be on the 2nd page now.

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Relmitos on Sat Sep 24, 2016 12:17 am

/yawn

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Relmitos on Sat Sep 24, 2016 12:18 am

Maybe I should just limit it to 1 piece of music and it's remixes a post to help push it along.

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Relmitos on Sat Sep 24, 2016 12:18 am

Neutral

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down