Levi's Storytelling Corner

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Levi's Storytelling Corner

Post  Leviwulf on Thu Oct 20, 2016 1:37 am

So I'm going to do really shitty rough draft write ups on my current Savage Worlds Super villain campaign and post them here, so if reading terrible stories is your thing, I'll be putting that kinda crap in here. I'll probably edit this post once this gets rolling with chapter updates and other info.

Savage Worlds - Necessary Evil Story :
Chapter 0 - Heroes Never Die/A Necessary Evil
Chapter 1 - Jailbreak

Last edited by Leviwulf on Wed Nov 02, 2016 1:17 am; edited 3 times in total
Leviwulf
Feral Mercenary

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Chapter -1 : Backstories

Post  Leviwulf on Thu Oct 20, 2016 1:38 am

Will post full character backstories here once I get them from the other players.
Leviwulf
Feral Mercenary

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Chapter 0 : Heroes Never Die/A Necessary Evil

Post  Leviwulf on Thu Oct 20, 2016 2:05 am

We all knew the stories, aliens show up, heroes save the day, everyone celebrates. The world had been through it six times now so when the Fins appeared, no one was surprised. Of course it had to happen on January 1st, 2001. Seems like villains just loved their special dates, maybe they thought it'd be memorable that way. There was no warning, no demands, they just attacked. The Fins brought the worst features of the shark with the toughest of a crocodile, with aggression that neither could even approach. New York was a war zone, Tokyo was burned and even Atlantis and its great ruler slain.

All of Earth's supers united under one banner to begin a counterattack. The fins were hostile, strong, fast, but no one doubted that our greatest heroes could take them down. But the fins possessed technology beyond their means, and the bloodlust to take down even our strongest heroes. For every raid we struck them with, for every ship we took down, we lost cities, strongholds, and thousands of lives. The losses became so heavy that the people of Earth began to worry.

And then the V'sori arrived. The turn of the tide that we all expected in the great wars of heroes, aliens, and villains. They introduced themselves as long lost allies of the city of Atlantis, who came searching for their fallen comrades after hundreds of years. During their search of the galaxy they had become great defenders of many planets. The V'sori claimed that the Fins, or K'tharen as they called themselves, were mercenaries who made it their goal to ravage as many worlds as possible in search of a world with the resources to sustain their great need. The V'sori had fought them before on many occasions, and they would stand by the side of Earth's heroes now to push them back.

The world's greatest hero met with the V'sori on behalf of all of mankind. After hours of debate he returned to give a rousing speech, calling for humanity to hold out just a bit longer as he and the V'sori had coem up with a plan. And so humanity held out, and though many more lives were lost, they continued to push back against the Fins. When the V'sori finally landed, the Fins were quick to engage them in battle. Both races largest warships fought in a battle of epic proportions above the United States, and in the end the V'sori beamed images of the Fins to the people of Earth. Peace was proclaimed through the land and the people of earth hailed the V'sori as heroes, offering them keys to cities, states, countries, and erecting statues in their honor.

Finally Unification Day came, heroes and world leaders united together to welcome the aliens once and for all to earth. Crowds cheered as the V'sori ships began to land over the celebrations, every superhero, sidekick, world leader, and even sports stars attended the galas. The people of Earth were ready to accept their saviors. Those cheers turned to screams when the V'sori ships began to open fire on the crowds. Moments later the K'tharen warships returned, revealing themselves as servants of the V'sori. The world's greatest hero was standing before the cameras when the V'sori struck, they learned his weakness in combat, and targeted him with such a concentrated beam of it that the hero turned into a puddle of mush. Massive lasers of death swept through the people, slaying thousands of heroes, leaders, generals, stars, and other innocents. Within 30 minutes Earth's greatest heroes were dead and its leaders vaporized, the aliens had won.

The V'sori placed themselves in places of leadership and revealed their true plan. They wanted Earth's resources, but they didn't want to cause damage to the planet. They sent the Fins as a forward scout, to examine our war tactics and study our defenses to take them out in one fell swoop. By causing as little damage as possible they gained new self-sufficient sources of raw resources. The V'sori believed they had nothing left to fear on Earth, and began to run it the way they saw fit.

But the V'sori were wrong. Earth's heroes may have fallen, but there are still a few beings left with abilities on par with those heroes. They are supervillains, and they are a necessary evil. The current year is 2004, the Earth fell under V'sori control over years ago, remaining humans with extraordinary powers have been killed at an estimated rate of 98%, most of them hunted down by the V'sori. Various resistance movements have been formed, but only one was worth mentioning, Omega.

Omega was started by the greatest criminal mastermind of the modern age, Dr. Destruction. Its members mainly consist of former villains who believe they are the rightful rulers of earth, not the V'sori. Omega is formed by various cells that don't interact with each other, contact is passed through blind drops, secret codes, and encoded radio broadcasts. No one really knows the man behind the mask, the true identity of Dr. Destruction, but they know he's a man to fear, known for his fights against teams of the worlds greatest heroes. He displayed inhuman strength, energy blasts, teleportation, and even mind control. No one knows the true extent of his power. What people do know is one thing, he's willing to do whatever it takes to take back the Earth.
Leviwulf
Feral Mercenary

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Chapter 1 : Jailbreak

Post  Leviwulf on Wed Nov 02, 2016 1:16 am

Cal sat quietly in the back of the V'sori police van. He'd been caught several hours earlier attempting to steal blasters in order to help arm himself against the increasing V'sori presence in Star City. They had placed a collar around his neck that had disabled his powers, and taken away his Duraweave suit that had been modifier to give him more precise control over his Dark Matter. Then they threw him in this van and drove him around for what seemed like several more hours. The first one to join him was a giant hulk of a man, it looked like they had also stripped him as he wasn't wearing much either, however they didn't throw any sort of equipment into the containment crates. Not too long after that they picked up another crazed looking idiot, Cal knew him as Cancer Man, another D class "villain," apparently he could explode into a burst of radiation. He was a short man, who had several lesions on his face and various bumps on his body, if it wasn't for his powers there's no way he'd be walking around, of course that's probably how he got picked up so easily. The man looked around, and upon seeing Cal and the other man sitting around in their underwear, stripped down and handed his clothing to the V'sori officer as well. The officer had a brief look on his face, perhaps confusion, and Cal snickered to himself. The man obviously thought the lack of clothing was a V'sori rule, and Cal certainly wasn't going to correct him. A short time later they picked up their last prisoner, a rough mercenary type with a mechanical arm. Cal was vaguely aware of him, the man had been on the warpath recently, apparently searching for the V'sori General that was responsible for the death of DARE-Man, who the mercenary believed was "his kill." What an idiotic way to get yourself taken down, there was a time and place for revenge, and roaming around the city stabbing any V'sori that crosses your path wasn't going to get you anywhere. Cal leaned back and closed his eyes, no point in sitting awake all night while they drive in circles, he'd have time to come up with a plan later, the rest fell asleep as the night wore on.

They were all awoken with blast as the roof of the van was torn open by a large helicopter. A squad of men descended on the van and hauled the group out, while taking out as many V'sori as they could manage along the way. One of the men grabbed the containment crate with their gear as they dragged them all to the chopper and got on. There they found themselves face to face with the great Dr. Destruction.

"Alright kiddos here's the deal. We're heading on over to Southpoint Prison, I need a man out of there, his name's Mindflay, you're going to get him for me, or you're going to die horrifically, I don't care you choose myself, but I personally think the first option is the best. You've got 30 seconds to make a decision"

Cal briefly considered his options as he looked at his new compatriots, they weren't exactly the best team you could imagine, but he could do worse. The first one to step forward was Cancer Man, he agreed to work with Destruction, after that the rest of them didn't have much of a choice, if Destruction wanted them dead, they'd be dead. Cal finally relented and Destruction briefly laid his hands on each member of the group before shoving them out of the helicopter.

"I've used my powers to establish a mental link with you, it requires willingness and physical contact, but I think you'll find it convenient for the future, I've opened the crate with your gear up and thrown it out with you, good luck"

The Mercenary dove towards his gear first, he quickly threw on his clothes and shoved something in his mouth, a short time later a clone of him appeared below him as he rode it down to the ground. The Brute didn't make a move for the crate, he simply adjusted the way he was falling as if to brace for impact. Cal made his way to crate, and as he passed Cancer Man he noticed a look of panic, the tumorous mass didn't have any way to stop his fall. Cal threw on his gear and tossed cancer man his stuff. As he finished putting on the suit he quickly pressed a button and created a Dark Matter platform underneath him and Cancer Man and began to slow their fall. Cancer man put his clothing back on as they fell and muttered a brief thank you to Cal.

The Brute and The Mercenary his the ground at the same time, The Brute created a large crater upon impact, and the Mercenary's clone turned almost into mush as he used it to brace his impact. Cal and Cancer man landed shortly after as four of the security mechs began floating their way towards them. Two rushed The Brute, their blades bouncing off his skin as they attempted to incapacitate him. A third rushed The Mercenary and attempted to pierce him through the chest, he quickly pushed away its blade with his own and made a quick counterattack, deftly slashing the mech in half as it spun away down the courtyard of the prison. Brains and organs spilled out of the machine as it fell to the ground. Cal quickly jumped into action, capturing one of the two fighting the mech in a sphere of Dark Matter, Cancer Man quickly fired a beam of radiation at the final mech, blasting into it but not doing enough damage to take it down. The Brute engaged in a brawl with the remaining mech for him to face as The Mercenary snuck up on it, deftly slicing that one through its vitals as well. Cal threw the mech he had captured in Dark Matter several dozen feet across the courtyard into the security fence as Cancer Man finished off the mech he was battling.

The Brute made his way to the cell block of the prison first, he opened the door and was quickly blasted by a half dozen shots from the security mechs waiting inside. He quickly shook it off as though it was nothing, and dove behind the door for cover. The Mercenary behind him caught a stray blast and hid behind the other part of the wall as he tried to deal with his wound. Cal began to make his way towards the door but Cancer Man ran past him into the room with the reloading mechs and unloaded a large blast of radioactive energy, quickly killing every mech in the room, perhaps he was more useful than Cal had given him credit for. The Brute and The Mercenary made their way to the end of the cell block and held the other door as Cal pressed another button on his suit and began using his Dark Matter to melt the locks on the cells. One of the prisoners called over to Cancer Man, and upon recognizing her he began to attempt to hack the security panel on the door. As Cal melted the second door in the cell block a voice shook through his head.

"You are not here to rescue prisoners idiot, go and find my man before I change my mind about letting you live." At the same time he heard this voice, The Mercenary shouted from the other side of the hall.

"Hey guys! I think I found him, looks like a mentalist, but he seems to be in some sort of weird coma, I'm going to need some help getting" before he could finish two more mechs entered the room and engaged him in combat. Cal quickly brought up a wall between The Mercenary and one of the mechs, giving him a chance to focus one down before he had to fight the other. Cancer Man made his way to the cell and began working on opening that one after he finished opening the cell with his friend in it.

Cal looked to The Brute and shouted down the hallway "Hey, tough guy gonna need your help on this, you're a pretty big guy!"

"For y-" The Brute was lifted off his feet and slammed into the cell by Dark Matter. The bars bent under the weight of the hit however remained standing, on the second hit The Brute readied himself for the impact and blasted clean through with their combined power. The Mercenary cut through the second mech and began making his way out of the cell block back into the courtyard to wait for Doctor Destruction. Cal lifted the half-conscious man they were sent to rescue and rode out with him on another platform of Dark Matter as Cancer Man and The Brute charged out the doors with him. One of the prisoners joined the rest of the group, thanking them for their rescue and helped fend off one of the mechs. The mech Cal had thrown earlier finally made its way back to the group and was quickly dispatched by Cancer Man.

Cal brought up a barrier in a large circle around his group as the helicopter that had picked him up earlier began to descend. The female prisoner who had joined them in fighting the mechs looked concernedly at him as the helicopter came down. "Vat about ze rest of ze prisoners?"

The Mercenary laughed and then looked at the prisoner with him. "Sorry sweetheart, helicopter can't help them, they were just a distraction so that we could make it out without as much of a fuss." Cal briefly considered both of his companions statements and then took a look at the perimeter of the prison, held by a simple chain link fence. As they climbed aboard the helicopter he blasted a hole through a large section of the fence near a group of prisoners, and they began making their way out of the yard to freedom. The Mercenary looked at him and shook his head slightly but Cal knew he'd made the right decision, any enemy of the V'sori was a friend of his. Destruction made his way to the back of the chopper before taking stock of the group.

"I see you brought two more friends than we were expecting, should've known Cancer Man would find his little sidekick here, and I don't care enough about the prisoner to ask questions, you got my man. This helicopter will drop you off on the north end of Southpoint, from there you can figure shit out on your own. I'll be in touch soon kids, don't get killed without me." Destruction disappeared in the blink of an eye, and the helicopter took them exactly where they promised. Cancer Man's sidekick took off to go home, as the prisoner gathered herself.

"I must thank you for my rescue, without your help zere is no way I vould 'ave escaped. If you ever need help, come find ze resistance, I promise you I vill put in a good word." The prisoner quickly made her way down one of the alleyways, leaving Cal alone with his other captured allies. The Brute was still in nothing but his underwear, The Mercenary had several cuts in his clothing, and Cancer Man looked exhausted. He quickly rifled through one of his bags and handed The Brute a set of his emergency clothing.

"Sorry, it's going to be a bit small but it's the best I can do, it's clothes and we need to make our way through some pretty busy streets if we're going to get someplace safe. I've got somewhere we can hide out. The name's Cal by the way, but call me Void." He began making his way down the street as the others stood there, briefly considering whether or not to follow him. The Brute stepped forward and the rest followed his example. It was time to head to Gordon Industries.
Leviwulf
Feral Mercenary

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Levi's Storytelling Corner

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top