Post  SnakeInABox on Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:11 pm

... "Mike" ...
SnakeInABox
SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Lemuria's Gate - Page 11 Empty Re: Lemuria's Gate

Post  Minby_Aran on Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:31 pm

Minby started walking around a bit, and saw Mike, holding a copy of King Lear. "My my" said Minby to Mike, catching his attention. "Someone seems quite fond of Shakespeare." Minby gave his charismatic, half-laughing smile. "Yeah..." Replied Mike, dryly "His work is amazing." "I agree completely" Said Minby, becoming more serious "I must note that Much Ado About Nothing is my personal favorite, and you can note that." Minby laughed to himself, sure Mike would get his joke. "I've even played Benedick, Signoir Montanto, in my school's production."
Minby_Aran
Minby_Aran
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

http://valiant-brawlers.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:39 pm

Mike was surprised at Minbys knowledge of Shakespeare. It was just High School, sure. But it was still the Bard.

"Really now? That is quite fascinating. I almost played Don Pedro, but had to drop it due to conflicts with another production I was in at the time. You know, Shakespeare had intended to have Benedick play a much larger role in the storyline-"

He stopped and took a breathe. "Yea, well, if you want to read it I have it." He said quickly and went back to his towel.
SnakeInABox
SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkFalco on Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:58 pm

Altaira woke, somewhat refreshed from her short nap. She went to the door of her hut to see what was going on. She watched as Cobra brought a deer to the fire. How in the hell did he do that i wonder? Then she watched as Kane found his other case. I wonder where that came from? Did someone else find it and bring it here? Altaira walked out to where everyone was huddled round the fire, waiting as the deer was gutted and spitted to be cooked. Well it seems we won't have to worry about food....it seems I may have been wrong about Cobra...maybe i should go apologize to him, I'm sure he picked up on my misgivings. She started to walk his way, noticing how he was gloating over the kill....hmm maybe not..but i'll wait and see She walked over to where Vera sat with the hurt man. It seems he had finally woke up. He got up suddenly and walked toward the wreckage, Vera close behind. Neither one of them is in condition to be looking through that luggage. Especially the man...what was his name?....eh i'll go help them and find out. Then I"m going to go find Paul and see how he's doing and if he found his 'lunch' alright. She ran quickly to catch up with the two of them. "Hey! You guys need some help?"
DarkFalco
DarkFalco
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

https://www.facebook.com/jessica.ninness?ref=profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:26 pm

Paul heard a commotion outside the hut and went to see what was going on. That Cobra guy Mike had been talking about not an hour before had killed a deer and brought it back. I guess that explains what he wanted with the knife... I wonder if he knows how to make a fire pit? Paul thought. Paul didn't know if he did, but he figured it couldn't hurt to make one early. Most people would just use a bonfire, but those really don't work very well when cooking meat.

Paul first found an area not too close to the camp, but nearby. He then started digging a hole in the sand. It was about 2 feet in diameter and 16 inches deep. He then looked around the sand and jungle for dry, flat rocks. He used the larger rocks to form the bottom layer and the smaller rocks as a second layer, to fill in the gaps left by the larger rocks. He then filled the whole with deadbrush and lit one peice from someone elses campfire. He lit the deadbrush on fire and let the flames reduce the wood to embers.

He then looked through the rubble of the plane crash for the tray used on the inside of the drink cart (It would work as a grill in a pinch) and four even length rods. After a short while he found the tray and nearby he spotted a couple of steel rods. He took those back to the fire pit which was coming along nicely now. He set four rods at an X angle on either side of the pit so that the top of each rod was level and the bottoms were lodged against the bottom of the pit. He then balanced the tray on top of the rods to make a grill. He also used a spare rod to rake the embers of the fire to keep it from going out.

Not bad, not bad at all... Paul congratulated himself. And why not? He had done something useful for once. He then set out to find that cobra guy to tell him that he had built a place to cook the deer.
TheTJ
TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:34 pm

"Hey" Mike called out to Paul. "Over here!" Mike was sitting on his towel, with Julius Caesar in his hand.

"I need to talk to you about... Cobra. Does he seem a bit... odd to you? I mean, not taking into consideration his name, he is 60 years old, carrying medical supplies and a knife onto the plane. He acts like he has been through this before. He goes through peoples stuff and business. And he killed a Deer with practically his bare hands in under... an hour? I just think this man is too good to be true." Mike looked at the group. He spotted Minby and Kane, two people he planned to talk to later tonight. "The captain said we would see rescue in no time. But I never saw him pick up a radio. I never saw him contact anyone. My cell phone... doesn't work here. What I am getting at is- I think there is a chance we are going to be here awhile. And I just want you keeping a good eye on some of the people around here." Mike looked back at the Cobra. "That man may be a Snake, but he isn't the only one around here."
SnakeInABox
SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:46 pm

Paul looked at Mike oddly. Despite how nervous he was, he was pretty trusting and tried to think the best of people. If Cobra had killed a deer really quickly, well, that just meant that they would eat tonight, didn't it? "We were just in a plane crash, not transported to the Twilight Zone. If he has a knife I'm sure he has a good reason. Like you. I mean, why DID you have a knife hidden in your shoe?"
TheTJ
TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:50 pm

"For very good logical reasons. Just... Listen.... Thats beside the point! The point is, there are too many... things about that man. If there's anything Shakespeare taught me, its that just when something helps you the most, it comes back to bite you in the ass. I'm not asking you to borrow my knife and slit his throat. I just want you to watch him. For your own safety."

Mike looked at him and sighed. "Give him my thanks for the deer please, I am going to grab a bite after everyone has had their share."
SnakeInABox
SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:04 pm

Paul shook his head ruefully. "That's no way to look at life. And I will thank him for you." Paul left Mike and headed towards Cobra who had moved to just beyond the cover of the trees. Paul could sort of make out his shape.

Cobra was using the knife to skin the deer. There was already a pile of Pelt next to him. He would take off a large-... You know what, better not to dwell on it. Paul avoided looking at the deer or the pile and focused on Cobra. "Um, ex-exuse me..." Paul said in a meek voice. The old man stopped and turned to face Paul. He wasn't brandishing the knife, but Paul also noticed he hadn't set it down either. "Um, well... I made a, tha-... Uh." Somehow this one old man staring at him in silence was more unnerving than the rest of the group put together. Best to get it over and done with quickly though. "Uh... I built a fire pit right over there, the uh, the smoke coming from that... uh, direction. I uh, also used the tray from the drink cart as a, um, grill thing... So, y'know, you can use that. If you want...That should be fine...I think..."

Paul trailed off and waited for Cobra to say something. Eventually Cobra grunted something that might have been thanks before turning back to the deer. As soon as his back was turned Paul left just short of a run. It was then he realized he had forgottten to thank Cobra for Mike, but after that there was no way he was going back there. You know, Mike was right. I should keep an eye on that Cobra...
TheTJ
TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  JGH27 on Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:39 am

"Huh, who are you?" he asked caught offguard by Altair's question. "Yeah....sure, why not"

With that, him, Vera and the girl all ventured to the wreckage. Severn was bad for wear and his chest was giving him sharp pains but he pressed on knowing he could take care of everything once he found his luggage. After going through almost all the luggage he finally came across his bags. He lifted 1 of his cases up but the strain was too much and he collapsed on the spot. Keeping consciousness but unable to move he motioned Vera closer and whispered something into her ear.

After he finished what he had to tell Vera he embarrassedly asked if he had his own shelter or was sharing with someone. "I mean, I'd like to make sure that Vera is taken care of first and foremost and as long as she has shelter I could care less if I slept outside during rain." and after that he once more turned to Vera "Tho I must admit I'd like to share a shelter with you but in my current state I'm afraid I can't even lift a twig it seems" and with his final dawning of how helpless he currently was after years of strength and independence he could feel the warm flow of tears making there way down his face. He turn awa from Vera not wanting her to see him in such a pitiful state. "Can I have a moment alone with Vera?" he asked the other girl. "Just a few minutes please"
JGH27
JGH27
Guardian of the Kingdom

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Shulk on Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:43 am

Vera nodded cautiously at the other girl, but let George speak. If she had been thinking, she would have spoken for him and let him focus on staying upright and moving, but nonetheless, she remained silent and walked along to the suitcases. They began to look through them, and Vera looked up to see George had found his, but the strain caused him to collapse. God, how stupid of me. I shouldn't have let him overexert himself, she thought, mentally slapping herself.

She knelt down beside him and listened to what he said, nodding sagely and biting her lip, before resting back on her behind. "I think you have a shelter, they had to make up something while you were out cold, to keep you safe," she explained. Of course, she'd been off at the spring with Kane at the time, but that was not important. Vera figured she didn't have to worry. She was using her skills to her advantage - after all, she had the option of sheltering with the European guy, or with George. Perhaps she could soon get Kane's co-operation to, she thought rather evilly. But that wasn't the issue right now. She saw George begin to cry, and although he didn't want her to see it, she couldn't help but catch a glimpse. Bending over, she placed a small kiss on his cheek. "Hey, it's okay," she whispered, although her voice was cracking with repressed emotions. "It'll all get better. You'll get better. I promise."
Doctor Shulk
Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

http://gangreldorf.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:08 pm

Jim was doing his best at trying to reassure the survivors. He called in to see them, checked their injuries, repeated over and over again that rescue was on its way. Casually, without trying to sound concerned, he brought up the question of whether anyone had seen where the cockpit had landed. Nobody had. From what vague recollections people had it seemed it had been torn off during the plane's descent. Chances are it was at the bottom of the ocean along with other good chunks of the plane. Perhaps he might get lucky and find parts of it in the jungle somewhere. He had a plan.

His visits were rudely interrupted by the commotion of one of the survivors dragging a deer carcass into the camp. He'd heard this man's name before- Cobra. Jim's eyes narrowed and he strode over.

"Cobra, what's this?"

"A deer."

"I can see that. Where did you get it from?"

"I caught it in the jungle."

"Why the hell did you do that?"

"Dinner."

"Dinner?!" Jim tried to get his voice controlled, feeling eyes on him "This isn't a cook-out, for God's sake. This is a crash site! All we need to do is wait for a few hours for rescue to arrive. We've got enough food to last us until then! Yes airplane food is crap, but we're not going to starve to death in a day, are we? Killing that deer was completely unnecessary, and frankly I'm a little worried that your first idea of contributing to the group's wellbeing was to kill a large mammal."

Jim sighed. He didn't want bad vibes going round the camp already "Well, it's too late now. We can get a little barbeque going at least. I see some of us are looking forward to it." He nodded his head in Paul's direction, where he was busy assembling an impromptu grill "Then perhaps we can get to know each other a little better, hmm?"

Cooking the deer proved to be a dilemma in itself. Some were all for chucking it in the fire, others turning it on a spit, others still thinking it was a disgusting thing to do. Eventually one of the men- Kane, was it?- decided to show everyone how it was done. Before long there were some steaks sizzling away, the smell making the mouths of even those who doubted the whole thing water. Once dinner was served, everyone sitting on the sand or logs and debris pulled up to the fire, Jim stood up and addressed the whole group.

"Now we're all sorted, I think we should go round and introduce ourselves to the group. Then we can decide on our next course of action. I'll begin. I'm Captain James Harrison Fawcett, but in the meantime you can call me Jim. I was your co-pilot for the flight. Seems I was the only crew member to survive..." he took off his hat and bowed "Pleasure to meet you all."

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

FUUUUUUCKKKKK YOOOOOUUUUU

the one time I trust you with my back and you plant a dagger in it.
Raya
Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

Back to top Go down

Post  Ansem on Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:13 pm

Zoran stood up after Vera left. The shelter was done anyway, but no way would he let that stupid wrestler guy in his shelter. He took a few steps back and admired what it had became. A roomy place, almost completely covered, including a roof. A fine piece of work, he might add. Then Jim started ranting, and zoran walked over, too see what went on. A round of introduction was in order, apparently, so Zoran raised his voice and said.

"My name is Zoran Terio, i'm from Romania, Nice to m-meet you all."

The slight stutter in the word meet, was caused bu the realization that he was talking to a lot of people....at the same time....
Ansem
Ansem
Mustached Juggernaut

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:24 pm

Roy heard a small exchange of words between the pilot and that man he heard was called Cobra. He was amazed that guy actually caught something, but the pilot didn't seem amused. Seeing him carry the deer of reminded him of how hungry he actually was. Chips cant fill much of a stomach. Roy didn't really wanna see how they prepped the deer, but figured he should get used to the sight...just in case they'd be stuck a little while longer. The smell of the cooked deer was surprisingly good, and he gratefully ate his piece.

He smiled as the Captain introduced himself in a well mannered way. "cant imagine them teaching surviving crash landings at flight school." he thought.

"Nice to meet you. Mind if we just call you James?" At the reply of the captain, Roy stood up. "Yeah, I would've loved to meet you under better circumstances, but for now introductions seem apropiate. I am Roy van Roden. I graduated 2 years ago in psychology and was traveling around to give lectures about group behavior. I'm pretty sure the only I survived is cause Zoran pulled me out of the wreck." He pointed at the kid in the black sabbath shirt and sat down again. "With my arm like this though, I can pretty much only help gathering light supplies like bottles of water, or herbs."
Avalanche
Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Shulk on Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:12 pm

((Sorry to godmod, J Razz ))

Once George and Vera had sorted themselves out, Vera helped George get back to the group, carrying his bags (which made her feel quite like a packhorse, but while her physical strength was lacking, she had more than him at the moment). She was rather astounded, however, and a little queasy, when she saw that Cobra, the army vet, had gone and killed a deer. Vera wasn't exactly a vegetarian, but while they still had food, this 'exercise' felt rather pointless. "Ick," she muttered, refusing to eat any. She hated steak, anyway.

As they all began to introduce themselves, Vera listened to Jim, the co-pilot, Zoran, the twitchy guy, and Roy all say a couple of things, before standing up herself. "Hello," she started, a little awkwardly, unsure of what to say. "Er, my name's Vera. Vera Montgomery. I'm twenty and I'm an Arts and Law student from Oxford. It is a pleasure to meet you all." With that, she sat back down with a sweet and innocent smile. She didn't have much else to say, really, after all, there wasn't much else that needed to be said.
Doctor Shulk
Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

http://gangreldorf.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  JGH27 on Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:08 pm

After Vera had kissed him and said everything would be alright he allowed her to lead him back to the others. Feeling weak he allowed himself to collapse.

He looked around at the survivors then spoke up. "I'm George Severn, some of us have already met, some of you may know me. I dunno how long we'll be here for but to those who've helped me so far, thank you. I may be edgy at times or seem like an ass but it's not intentional. Anyways that's enough outta me for now"

With that said he declined his offering of deer. He wasn't sure he could eat anything let alone something dripping with grease.
JGH27
JGH27
Guardian of the Kingdom

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:13 pm

Mike, who said earlier he would not sit with the group, saw everyone was introducing themselves, and saw it fit to at least do that.

He stepped forward out of the darkness, with his copy of Hamlet clutched strongly at his side.

"Hello. My name is Mike. I am an Actor, an artist. Nothing more, nothing less. If you need anything from me, feel free to ask. I will do the same likewise." With this, he pointed at Georges turned down food and waited for him to nod. He then took it and went back to his Towel.
SnakeInABox
SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:26 pm

Paul was glad to see that his grill had come in handy, maybe they could keep using it if they, y'know, needed to.

He looked up and saw Altaira coming back to camp. He waved he over and she sat down next to him. With her was another woman and an injured man. He looked pretty banged up, but he was walking under his own power all right, so Paul decided to let that be. With the food going around people started introducing themselves. The injured man introduced himself as George and the woman's name was Vera. Some other people also spoke up, including Mike which surprised Paul because Mike didn't act like he would be eating with the group.

Well, I might as well introduce myself too... He stood up and addressed the group. "Uh... Hi again. My name's Paul Mercer... I might have mentioned this before but... Uh, I'm an architect. If you guys have any problems with your huts or anything, come see me and I'll, uh, see what I can do to help."

He sat back down quickly and listened for the rest of the introductions.
TheTJ
TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  MENTOK the MINDTAKER on Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:09 pm

Kane half expected someone to make a wise crack by starting with something like "Hello, my name is Bob and I'm an alchoholic." but thus far the group was safe from terrible zingers. The group had bundled together and was making introductions, if rescue was coming soon it seemed a bit pointless to get to know each other but on the otherhand it did wonders to calm people down. To be able to put names to faces, no longer walking amongst unknowns.

He let out a sigh was the conversation circled around to him, he drived the cutting knife into the deer so someone else would know where to find it if they were still hungry "My name is Marcus Kane and I am a chef." he said plainly, hoping the conversation would continue to go round.
MENTOK the MINDTAKER
MENTOK the MINDTAKER
Mustached Juggernaut

Back to top Go down

Post  DRTJR on Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:41 pm

Cobra listened to the other survivors get to know each other and Cobra decided he'd Inform those who didn't know who he was. After Kane introduced Himself Cobra stood up, "I am Martin J. Cobra, Retired Army Commander, Yes I am Cobra Commander you may now laugh. I killed the deer with this knife(Cobra holds up the knife) Further more I would like to thank Mr. Mercer for the Fire pit" Cobra stated and then sat down where he was.
DRTJR
DRTJR
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  Bugman on Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:12 pm

"Hey! Umh..." Said Marc, which nobody noticed, was back on his feet. "I just woke up. I don't know who dragged me here, but thanks. Since this is the introduction ceremony, here I go.
I'm a big time gamer, which isn't really on interest here, since I don't think gaming skills will save me or anyone here from this island. I'm a game dev, too. I'm a ex-hacker too. THIS is where I can help... maybe. You know, radio and stuff." He said quickly and nervous. "People call me "Hax".

He then sat, as nervous as he was when talking.
Bugman
Bugman
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkFalco on Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:26 pm

Altaira finally made her own introduction. "Hello my name is Altaira Rose. I'm an artist by trade, but i know a thing or two about roughing it since i was raised in the country. I'll do what i can to help where i can since i seem to be in better shape than some of you. If you need help with a shelter I'd be glad to help. Paul here showed me how to make an effective, sturdy hut." She smiled at the group of people and with that, went and got some of the deer meat, put it on a spare piece of canvas she had found in her bag and sat back down next to Paul. She looked pointedly at his leg and gesturing said, "So how're you doing? Did you find the food i left for you all right? I was afraid someone might filtch it from your hut, but i didn't know where you were at and all....so yeah..."she tapered of. I was starting to ramble there.
DarkFalco
DarkFalco
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:31 pm

"Yeah," Paul said, "I thought that might have been you. I was meaning to thank you for that... Did you find your luggage?"
TheTJ
TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkFalco on Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:11 pm

"Yeah i did, thats where all the food came from. I always bring TONS of snacks with me when i travel. You never know how long you'll be stuck in a plane terminal. Or a deserted island for that matter," she laughed, though not in a humorous way. I guess it could be worse though. I could be one of them." She pointed toward the beach. Altaira stopped talking, lost in thought, flashes of her nightmares coming to the fore.
DarkFalco
DarkFalco
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:17 pm

"The important thing to remember is that we're not them. We survived the crash and we'll get rescued soon. All we can do for them is give a proper burial and keep living. Life will go on and it's up to us to keep going too. I know how corny all this sounds, admittedly I got most of this from movies, but that doesn't stop it from being true." Paul stopped then. He felt almost rediculous, a lot of it really was from movies. But from the reaction Altaira gave it seemed to have done some good. For one thing she wasn't looking down the beach anymore, and she had stopped frowning. Now all I have to do is follow my own advice...
TheTJ
TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 22 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16 ... 22  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum