Dark Before The Dawn- RP thread

Page 11 of 22 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16 ... 22  Next

Go down

Dark Before The Dawn- RP thread - Page 11 Empty Re: Dark Before The Dawn- RP thread

Post  TD260 on Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:10 pm

TD was skirting the battlefield, when a stream of water slammed into him. Completely surrounded by water, he began to panic, and quickly tried to shock someone through the water- but as he forced his eyes open, he saw himself hurtling towards Cam.
Shitshitshitshitshitshitshitshitshitshitshit
He killed the sparks, and curled into a ball as he collided into Camilla. He felt the impact, and the world faded away in a ringing.

"Ow..." TD tried to stand, using his sword as support- however, his legs didn't want to move at the moment, so he knelt there, drained. Looking up, he saw the hulking brute slowly walk towards him, smirking.
He frantically tried to prepare to fight, but he couldn't even stand up.
Is this where it ends? Is this how I end? Is...
"Little boy. Foolish boy- toying with powers far beyond your control. Pah. Your existance shall end he-"
A knife flew through the air, straight across the chest of the Heirophant. The shallow cut didn't hut him much, but it certainly distracted him as both he and TD turned to see Weldar standing to the left. The Heirophant turned to go after him, ice crystals forming around him. Meanwhile, a distinctly male australian voice whispered in TD's ear.
"Quick... Follow me while I've got him distracted."
TD looked up to see weldar behind him.
"How..." He said, then shook his head.
"Never mind... Just give me a hand."
Weldar pulled TD to his feet- he swayed a bit, but stood on his own, and nodded.
"Thanks."
"Don't thank me until he's dead. Let's go."
TD260
TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Dark Before The Dawn- RP thread - Page 11 Empty Re: Dark Before The Dawn- RP thread

Post  Avalanche on Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:50 pm

Standing outside the mansion waiting for shit to happen Avalanche had time to think about the choises he made in life.

Not doing any homework ever certainly paid of, cause they didn't need much beyond basic psychology where they were at. The PTSD won't kick in till after the adventure anyway, with any luck.
He should have been more of a dick towards his more annoying classmates. No particular reason beyond the fact they were annoying, and didn't seem to get his passive-agressive sarcasm.
He slept in a lot, and god was that one of the things he missed. The adventure was, especially for a useless white mage, mentally taxing, and not being able to nap much longer then 5 minutes at a time was starting to become a serious working hazard.

The sound of a breaking window brought life back into the waiting party as they rushed towards the source of the sound. TD had bolted ahead of them and Avalanche cursed either his own speed, or the speed this world had invisibly rolled for him.
He pushed his glasses up the bridge of his nose. "No more deaths tonight" he promised himself, as he bravely hid himself out of sight of the hierophant, who was in a pretty epic looking fight with TD.
Avalanche wanted to raise his staff and cry to TD to watch out for the enemy faun (it obviously wasn't perry as perry lacked certain parts of this one's anatomy), but before he opened his mouth he recognized the features of Camilla.
"There is a furry joke in here somewhere...." he thought to himself before observing the battle carefully. Weldar had also joined the fray, using a clever illusion to force the hierophant into the defense. He collected large icecrystals around him as defensive wall and had Feday on the ground in front of him.
"Fuck. What can I do to help Feday.......Why doesn't he realize the direct frontal assault NEVER works!" Avalanche realized healing him would only hurt him more. But doesn't he need brains, or flesh or something to heal himself? Fucking zombies, how do they work.
He decided to tackle that problem after the imideate problem was out of the picture, and tried to get a good grip of the layout of the garden. The hierophant had surrounded himself with icecrystals so running towards him and bludgeoning him with his staff was probably a bad idea
"Under what circumstances is it a good idea?"

Everyone seemed to be preparing their next move. TD Weldar and Camilla weren't visible from Avalanche's current position, but he waited for any sign of movement.

"Or should I give them the oppertunity to strike......"

Avalanche raised his staff, ready to spam the fuck out of holy shield to block of all of the hierophants escape-routes from the next attack.

Avalanche
Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Shulk on Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:12 pm

"Yes!" Camilla squealed in delight as she managed to knock the Hierophant over and in to his ice-wall, thanks to Weldar's power of distraction. The goat-woman wore a huge smile in relief, but somehow, knowing that this was a boss battle, she knew she'd have to knock him over at least twice more, and then maybe he'd change in to his second form. And she suspected he was smarter than to fall for the knife trick again.
Well. Your new form isn't exactly stealthy. Gotta rely on distractions. She'd fought Ganondorf in Ocarina of Time recently, but she didn't have light arrows to spam. Or a Biggoron Sword, man, that would've helped so much.

She was distracted from her focus on the Hierophant when she saw him throwing water towards him...water that contained an electrified TD. "Oh, fuck!" she exclaimed, trying to move. Of course, trying to move in a hurry meant that her legs were failing her, and TD crashed right in to her. Thankfully, he'd stopped the electricity in time, and doubly thankfully, she was now built like a tank. She was knocked to the ground, while TD was knocked out by the force of slamming in to her. "Shit." She hoped TD would recover soon, but not being a healer, there wasn't much she could do apart from make sure the Hierophant didn't kill him.

She was tired, that was for sure, but she called upon all her strength of body and mind. I need to maintain this form. It's my only hope of survival here. Slowly, she pulled herself up on to her strange goat legs, again stunned by how tall and strong she was, and how odd it was to walk on those legs. But, she reasoned, it wasn't much different to heels, and she certainly was no stranger to high heels. Most people who knew her knew her love of ridiculous shoes. Smirking at that, she looked at where Weldar had the Hierophant distracted, and nimbly (or, as nimbly as she could - she was getting better, though) moved behind him, ready to strike him again. She'd have to smash his ice-wall, which wouldn't give her much time to hit him, but she figured she could do it. Just had to get the right time...and she readied her fist again, charging towards the Hierophant's back.

At least Fighting types beat Ice...
Doctor Shulk
Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

http://gangreldorf.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Weldar on Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:21 pm

Weldar smirked to himself, operation distaction punch had worked perfectly. Unforuntately it was a trick that couldn't really be rpeated again in the same battle, any trick would be harder now that the Hierophant knew he was an illusionist really, a different approach would be necessary.
If only I actually did have telekinesis to follow up with a real version of that. God that would be so sweet
Unforuntately the Heirophant managed to regain his compusre vefore Camilla could follow up her attack and launch some counter blows.
Of course it takes more than one attack to kill a boss
More reinforcements arrived as Fed cahrged in only to be quickly downed and td was send slamming into Camilla by a blast of water. Things were not going well.
Right time for the ever reliable old pokemon strategy, double team
Weldar quickly drew and threw a spare dagger then melted off into the shadows leaving an illusionary clone in his place. Seeing Camilla seemed to be getting back to her feet he made his way to the fallen td and helped him up, constantly focusing on keeping us the illusion and keeping the Heirophant busy with a constant onslaught of illusionry blades which kept just barely missing thier mark. The Heirophant lashed out at the illusion with a tendril of water passing through it ineffectively. Right as Camilla sent her fist slamming through the ice wall behind him and shattering it to pieces and following up with another blow.
Weldar drew his knives. Time to try for the backstab
The shattering of the ice had given the Heirophant just enough time to brace himself and he was able to remain on his feet. He lauched another jet of water at Camilla but once again she stood strong against the assult. As she moved forward to attack once more, the Heirphant froze one of the puddles of water that had been left at her feet causing her to stumble and falter.
Another knife grazed the Hierophant's back as he whirled around to see three copies of Weldar charging towards him. Each of the copies split intpo three more and suddenly the Heirophant found himself surrounded. The Heirophant drew up his twin water snakes as he slowly turned, Weldar circled around the outside of the ring of illusions, keeping his eye on the Heirophants back. The Heirophant exploded one of his streams of water, sending a shower of droplets in all directions as Weldar took his position in the circle and perpared to strike. There was a chill in the air as the Heirophant whirled around and stared the real Weldar right in the eye. The droplets had turned into tiny balls of ice, pasing harmlessly through all the Weldar's in the circle but one.
"Foolish boy, did you think your little party tricks would work on me again."
Everything went cold as Weldar looked down and saw the second tendril of water plunged into his stomach. There was a sickening squelch as the tendril came out revealling a solid tip of ice frozen into a point dripping with blood. The world faded to black as Weldar collapsed into a heap on the floor.

fuck

There was a flash of lightning, and the figure’s visage was illuminated for a moment, a single, terrifying moment, a revelation that seemed to stop the world dead.

“Checkmate,” said Weldar, and fired his bullet into JGH27’s heart.
[/quote][quote="King Avalanche"] I doubt any of our craniums will come out of this game a virgin cause Weldar is gonna fuck them all.[/quote]
Weldar
Weldar
Guardian of the Kingdom

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Shulk on Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:50 pm

Camilla slipped and fell on to the ground, punching the ice with ferocity in order to shatter it. It hurt as she hit the ground, a little, but she was more concerned about how the Hierophant was attacking her friend. Oh boy. He was going to pay for that. As the tendril removed itself from Weldar's stomach, Camilla lunged forward in rage, punching the back of the Hierophant's head with all of her might. It knocked him down to the ground, but she had the gut feeling he wasn't quite done yet. She bit her lip, fighting the tears that were threatening to spill over Weldar. Oh God, don't die, please don't be dead, please...

"You bastard!" Camilla screeched, preparing to strike again. She was going to finish this asshole off, for Weldar's sake. Nobody did that to her friends. "I'll kill you, I swear to God, I will!" She rushed forward, but the Hierophant predicted her foolish action, and the water snakes wrapped around her arms, lifting her up off the ground. She flailed and kicked madly, desperate to be back on the ground, especially as the Hierophant readied another water snake, prepared to strike her as it had struck Weldar.

No way. Not having another. Not now. Realising how thick her arms were in comparison to her own, she was struck by the only thing she could really do in this situation. Taking a deep breath as the jet surged towards her, Camilla allowed herself to revert back to her usual form. Quickly, she pulled her arms back, before the ties could tighten, and dropped to the ground, landing hard on her bare feet.

Now what, she thought, running as fast as she could (which wasn't very fast, in bare feet and a tight dress) towards Weldar, biting her lip to stop herself from screaming. Speed. I need speed. Strength can only get me so far, I need to be fast. Who...of course. Though she was exhausted, she knew she had to keep going. And she needed Minby's speed to do so. Concentrating as she kept running, she poured her strength in to speed, feeling her legs get that bit longer and more muscular. Now she was fast. Almost too fast. She didn't quite know what to do with this new found speed, but as she dashed back around to Weldar, she picked up a few of his daggers to use. "Sorry," she whispered. Hopefully this would be over quickly and they could save him. For now, she kept running, waiting for the opening she needed to attack.
Doctor Shulk
Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:24 pm

"NO!"
TD saw Weldar get stabbed through the chest and fall.
No... Not again... I could have fixed this... I...
Rage filled him. Drawing his sword, he raised it over his head. Thunder boomed and.a single bolt fwll from the heavens- the blade began glowing with an inner light, and TD felt the fatigue wash away from his limbs.
"Not again. NOT AGAIN."
Filled with the cold fury and chaotic might of a storm, TD charged the Heirophant.
TD260
TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  Requiem on Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:54 pm

Slowly, Requiem regained his consciousness, and began pulling himself free from the rubble of the statue. "That. Hurt." He grumbled, shaking his head to clear away the dust and small rocks from his hair, causing him to lose his balance and nearly fall over Woah, bad idea. He looked over to see how the battle was going before Damian chimed in "It's about time you woke up, your friends need your help, so get moving!" He half shouted, fully well aware that Requiem didn't need him to yell.

"You could have done something yourself you know" He responded in annoyance, pressing his hand on TheTJ's stone, the gauntlets changing and fireballs appearing between the two blade tips, ready to be released. Fire may not be great against water, but he didn't need to hurt the water, just the man hiding behind it. Fed had fallen. Weldar was bleeding all over the ground. Camilla had altered her form again. TD was making a wild charge on the Hierophant. Things were falling apart quickly.

Focusing on the gauntlets, letting TheTJ's essence course through his blood, Requiem felt the power of magic at his fingertips. The Hierophant, almost fully focused on the now 'Berserk' statused TD, seemed to have an opening available, so Requiem took the opportunity. Pulling his arm back, he released a semi-powerful stream of fireballs at the Hierophant. The effect of the magick on his body was intense. He wasn't meant to be a magick user after all, and as such, didn't have 'MP', instead, using the magick seemed to drain away from his natural life force.

The first fireball hit the Hierophant in the ribs from behind, scorching the clothing and his skin, while simultaneously pushing him off balance. The Hierophant, though distracted with the pain, pulled up a wall of water to stop the other two incoming fireballs. This in turn gave TD enough time to close in the rest of the space between himself and the Hierophant without resistance. TD swung wildly and actually managed to clip the Hierophant's left shoulder, causing it to drop to his side.

Last edited by Requiem on Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Requiem
Requiem
Savior in Green

Back to top Go down

Post  Sahrimnir on Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:53 am

As the battle raged, Sahrimnir was flying towards it.

Fedaykin and Weldar are down. I can't help Fed because of his zombieness, but hopefully I can save Weldar.

Sahrimnir arrived and knelt beside Weldar.

Cam and TD are keeping the hierophant occupied. Let's see what I can do to help Weldar. This wound doesn't look good.

As Sahrimnir tried to heal Weldar, suddenly a ball of ice hit him in the head from behind. The force was enough to knock him out.

No... Have to remain conscious... Have to... save... Weldar...
Sahrimnir
Sahrimnir
Bowser's Right Hand

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Shulk on Sat Oct 29, 2011 7:17 am

The sudden agility burst almost caught Camilla completely off guard. She ducked and weaved around the Hierophant, feeling more Sonic than Bowser at this moment. The maid's dress and the knives, however, made her feel more like Sakuya Izayoi. Now, if only she had about 2000, instead of the few she picked up from Weldar...and of course, she didn't have the aiming power.

Ice shards dashed past her arms and she sped up. She'd have to somehow reconcile her agility with her strength and accuracy...which she wasn't really able to do. She'd sacrificed one for the other. She had her own strength, which wasn't that much (though it had been significantly boosted upon arriving in this world) and Minby's speed. She'd have given anything, right now, for accuracy, but that wasn't as easy to morph in to.

Nothing for it, I suppose. Picking up a knife, she threw it towards the Hierophant, though unfortunately for her it didn't land anywhere near him. Why didn't I pick up darts? She threw another, and another, getting closer each time, but not close enough. Not wanting to waste knives, she waited, ducking and weaving, waiting for the opportunity to strike with several knives at once. God, she hoped Weldar was okay. If she hadn't been ready to kill the Hierophant before, she certainly was now.
Doctor Shulk
Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Sat Oct 29, 2011 7:32 am

So pleased at taking down the illusionist the Hierophant didn't notice the enraged faun charging up behind him until it was too late.

Her fist slammed into the back of his head with immense force; stars exploded in his vision, the world flickered into black and the acrid taste of copper was in his mouth. He fought to stay conscious as he hit the ground hard, rolling over in time to see her stomping towards him with murderous intent. Quickly he called up the coiled water, yanking her off her feet and holding her hostage, a perfect target for another ice blade through the body. With a surprisingly turn of speed she assumed another form, another human girl, escaping from his clutches and darting away. Pah, as if she could escape him, he would-

A fireball crashed into him from behind, scorching his robes, only a quick wall of water protecting him from further damage. He spun and hissed, spotting his assailant: one of the four who'd broken into his study. About to launch a counterattack a fierce yell made him turn.

The lightning boy had charged him, closing the gap with frightening speed. He leapt into the air, sword swung high in a finishing blow- quick as a flash the Hierophant drew the sword hidden in his robes and parried the strike. The lightning in the sword roared outwards and exploded into a million shining fragments. TD's eyes grew wide as he felt the power in his blade disintegrate in an instant- a counterspell? What was thi-

The Hierophant shoved him aside and lashed out with his sword, the tip of the blade slicing upwards and raking across TD's chest, drawing blood. He yelped and stumbled backwards as the Hierophant took stock of the situation. Two were incapacitated, two more were injured. Even heavily outnumbered the Hierophant was still managing to exact a toll. If he could keep this up he could pick them off one at a time and victory would be his. In a strange way he was enjoying this; he hadn't fought like this for a very long time. Out of the corner of his eye he spied some movement- a youth in white robes attempting to skirt the combat and move towards the critically wounded illusionist. A white mage, of course they'd come prepared. He couldn't risk the ones he'd already taken out of action rising again. With a flick of his wrist a tendril of water snaked out and wrapped itself around the white mage's ankle; he looked down in surprise right before he was yanked off his feet and dragged straight into one of the channels, the water over his head freezing solid and trapping him beneath. An unpleasant way to go, but taking out the healer early was always a viable strategy.

There was a thunk as a knife hit the ground close by his feet. Looking up he saw the shapeshifter ducking and weaving between the garden fixtures. How irritating. She would be his next priority. He'd already frozen the heart of the tall man who had attacked him, lacerated the beating organ with daggers of ice, and now he lay cold and still close by. He would easily do the same to her. Raising his hand he concentrated, waiting for the opportunity.

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

FUUUUUUCKKKKK YOOOOOUUUUU

the one time I trust you with my back and you plant a dagger in it.
Raya
Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:15 pm

The rush had hit him. He felt faster- stronger. Everyone was moving too slowly. He ran at the Heirophant, blade drawn. He was a blur of fire- of ice- of rage. He WAS the storm. He was-

The world splintered, and reality came back in a rush. His chest was on fire, and he was bleeding out.

The hell happene- oh right... I rushed him... Like an idiot... Why did I do that? Everything went slow... Is that like... Why is everything foggy... I'm... Fading...

"Bastard... Just... Die... Dammit..."

TD shot one last bolt at the Heirophant's back, and the world melted away into blackness.
TD260
TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  Perry on Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:52 pm

Perry inhaled the cold nocturnal air through his nostrils as he left the tavern. He knew the way he was feeling all too well, and maybe, just maybe the clean air would clear up his head before he'd do anything stupid like it always had. Then again, always didn't include people going after his life, not him being a large humanimal barbarian.
He thought back to the Inn, where the rest of the group would probably still be very much in discussion about the whole plan. He was glad he was able to sneak out without anyone noticing, these kindof moods never left him much in the need for company or conversation. Now he just needed to find that damn Hierophant's house, and get this shit over with. How tough could a sneaky little manipulator be on his own anyway. Sadly, having no idea how Leknaat was build, finding that little prick's house proved more of a challenge than perry had originally thought. If only he had a map or something, he'd been heading west for quite some time already now.

It was clear that it was in the middle of the night as the streets had been completely empty so far. Perry was actually kindof relieved by it, as his mood could not use more racial discrimination thrown in his face right now. It was good to be alone in this ci-... Oh for fuck's sake.
"Hey perr, sup?"
Seriously? fucking seriously?, Perry sighed and looked back at the blonde dutch apparently being way too excited to see the faun.
Their conversation didn't last long however, as a patrol of guards came rushing past.
"Man you suck. Look what you carry along"

The guards spotted the faun and it wasn't long before the subhuman word was thrown out like it was no big deal. Perry rolled his eyes up and sighed as his frustration showed. He really wasn't in the mood to goof off this time, this was gonna get ugly.

He pulled his axes and flipped them around in his hands. A senior looking guard seemed confident enough to take on the faun and charged ahead, his mace held above his head. As he swung the heavy weapon down on the faun, Perry carelessly swung his left arm, chopping the wooden shaft of the weapon instantly and leaving the man unarmed. Weaponless and suddenly alot less confident, the guard stood before the Faun who calmly layed his second axe on the man's shoulder. Hooking the curve of the axe behind the man's neck, Perry pulled the man closer as he smashed down his rockhard skull.
Helmet or no helmet, it apparently didn't matter. The soldier's head caved in instantly on the impact of Perry's horned forehead. A sickening cracking of the skull and splattering of the brains were heard as the man dropped to the floor and Perry cold blooded stared at the other guards, the splash of blood on his head dripping over his face. Ansem glanced at the faun, as something was entirely different from the last time he saw him fight. Yeah he was reckless, but this time there wasn't a single shred of emotion on the Faun's face. Compared to the Rage or malicious grin he wore before, this seemed to carry way more danger with it.
"YOU MONSTER!", the obvious rookie screamed at the loss of his comrade. There wasn't much time for emotions for the guards however, as an axe flung itself through the air and immediately took one of them to the ground as it implanted itself in the man's head. Perry soon followed as he swung his other axe with both hands up to a soldiers abdomen. The soldier barely blocked it, but the blow lifted him off of his feet and knocked him back.

The captain's eyes opened in peril as he saw his men fall to the faun's outrageous strength. But he had no time to save them, as Ansem moved in for the attack as well.....
[que Ansem's green shard thing]

Perry
Savior in Green

Back to top Go down

Post  Ansem on Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:30 pm

Ansem looked at the Faun rampaging, killing guards, taking names, the whole shebang. It was a work of art, it truly was. The sliced limbs, the blood, screams, the faces of guards as their companions fell. Ansem sighed, he was doing it again. Creepy mode. It seemed the only option if he wanted to do the harder spells...or spell, since he only had the one.
The shard felt so heavy in his hand. But it wanted to be thrown, right at that douche bag's face. Well, let's humor the shard for now.

Ansem threw the shard, right as the captain wanted to swing his sword at the faun. The shard was almost homing in on him, and when it hit, Ansem could feel the lifeforce sap out of the guardsman. It didn't come directly to him, but he could feel it flow. Flow away, into the air. There, it just...stayed there. Ansem rushed into the cloud of lifeforce and tried to take it, but it didn't work that well, most of it dissipated.
"Dang, oh well. We about done? Oh, wait, lemme get that last one."
Ansem jumped on the guard that was knocked down by Perry and put his knees on his arms. He was powerless now.
"Ok, now, you were going to the Hierophant?"
"I'm not saying anything you scum!"
"Right, well, fuck you then."
Ansem gathered the taint and planted his palm on the guard's face. The taint sucked on his face, and fed Ansem the power. It felt quite good, very good. Amazing, in fact!

"Ok, lets go!"
"...dude, what?"
Ansem jumped up and pointed to the mansion.
"Look man, our friends are in there, probably having a cool boss battle, with the music and everything! And they're missing the Tank and magic DPS. And come on man, put your grin back on, you're freaking me out! Now, gogogogogo!"

The pair rushed to the gates, where Perry demonstrated his strength once more by rushing trough the gate head first. Ansem liked it when Goatman did the breaking stuff. The mansion itself was almost empty. Every now and then, Ansem could spot a terrified maid or servant that quickly got out of the Faun's way. They made their way to the study and saw the broken window.
"Trough there?"
"Let's go dude!"

____________________________________________________________________________________

The Hierophant smiled. Control was established at last. The fools were down on their knees like dogs, and he was on top of the situation. Status quo, finally.
"You see how foolish you were now? Your bodies are crushed, the bodies of your friends now decorate my sanctuary, and soon, every last one of you will perish. My guards will be here soon, and they'll clean up this mess, but you'll only live to see part of it."

"Really? I hear there's a strike going on at the guards office."

The Hierophant turned to face the newcomers, a hulking faun and a robed figure. The robed one took of his hood and revealed his face. Who where they? More troublemakers, friends of his failed assassins?
"Who are you?!? Where are my guards?!"

Ansem laughed, a quite creepy and evil laugh, as he conjured up the biggest thing he could, a massive green sphere with black rings around it.
"About that, lemme introduce you to them! Take this!"
He jumped in the air and launched the sphere right at the hierophant. But just as it should have struck him, it disappeared into nothing. The Hierophant had raised his hand, and was breathing pretty heavy. He straightened himself out and took control of the water surrounding him once more. Ansem looked at Perry, who was assessing the situation. "And?"
"Weldar down, Fed down, TD down, Camilla in trouble. Lets get in there."
"Agreed, Round two motherfucker!
Ansem
Ansem
Mustached Juggernaut

Back to top Go down

Post  Perry on Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:50 pm

Perry placed his hoove on the guards face as he pulled the axe from the bone skull. It recquired some wiggling but it came loose. He stared down at the man without a face and knocked his head to the side with his hoove so he didn't have to keep looking. He wiped the blood off his axe with the fur on his legs and looked up to see Ansem lookin waaaaay too happy with his hand sucking on some dude ('s face).
"....dude, wat?"

Ansem quickly jumped up and assumingly didn't quite get the gist of Perry's confusion, but Perry figured it was better not to ask. It was time to kick some doors down and get this over with... or Headbutt. Headbutting seemed fine too. Walking up to the gate, Perry threw his weight against it with the crown of his head. With a loud crack the door caved and Perry kept on walking without a loss in pace. His axes already in hand, he decided to just fuck all belongings of whoever this mansion was and walk a straight line, cutting up and breaking everything that stood in his way. Closed door? What closed door? With a large swing, his axe cut through the wooden door to the hierophant's study and he kicked the remains down.
Perry looked around at the impressive book collection and the luxury everywhere. Mindlessly he picked up a chess piece, examening it while he rested his axe in the middle of the board, embedded into the wood. The black bishop.... Perry didn't think much of it.
"Dude, over here!", Perry heard from the other side of the room, and he saw Ansem standing by a broken window. He picked up his axe, pulling the chess board to the ground as he walked over.
"Through here?", he asked. They must be in the yard somewhere. Perry shrugged and lifted one leg onto the window's border.
"Wait dude, what about me?", Ansem said. He didn't quite feel like jumping out of 2nd floor windows. Perry glanced at him a bit dull before simply grabbing Ansem by the collar and throwing him over his shoulder as he launched himself out of the window. "Wait!", Ansem yelled as he could barely grab on, but Perry's legs had already absorbed the impact of the fall and they were standing on the soil of the garden.
"What's up with you, man. Where's the fun loving Goatman we all know and love!", Ansem said as he straightened his robes and stepped back a bit.
Perry sighed and was about to answer, as the two got interrupted by the sounds of fighting came from further into the garden. Without hesitation they rushed over.

This was not a pretty sight. One after another, almost everyone was lying on the floor counted for. They had to move quickly so they could check if anyone was hurt... Speaking of medical business, where was the little white mage....
There wasn't enough time for a full on search of the surroundings, as before perry could look further than the bodies on the floor, a tendril of water already lashed out their way. With a snarl, Perry crashed his axes into the tendril, breaking the water's suspension and splashing it to the side. He dashed forward to the Hierophant who was waiting for him with a sword of his own. With a large swing, he brought his axe down on the man, who quickly parried it to the side but felt the impact crash into the ground next to his feet, upsetting his balance.
Quickly he stepped back to create some distance and send another blast of water the Faun's way.

"Another beast. I see where the girl got her tricks from!", The Hierophant snarled. Disgusting Hybrids, and so tenacious too. The faun withstood the first blast of water, and kept coming forward. He wanted more? He got more. Drawing a large amount of water from the streams surrounding him, the hierophant sent it crashing down on the faun, but he still withstood it. Although....
A smirk curved on the man's lips as he pointed his hand at the faun, instantly turning the water soaking the faun into ice. That'd ought to slow him down a bit. A single tendril flowed out of a stream nearby and swooped the faun off his feet, dragging it back to the water.

The ice covering his body was certainly straining Perry, and he felt himself being dragged back. But it wasn't enough to keep him bound. With a tremendous roar, perry broke swung his arm around, breaking the ice covering it and slashing through the water tendril trying to get a hold of him. Just in time aswell, as he saw he had almost been dragged down under... together with roy, huh.
He looked back at the Hierophant, expecting another wave coming his way, but Ansem had seamlessly timed his assault and filled Perry's spot for just long enough.
Turning around, Perry smashed his axe down on the thick layer of ice trapping his friend, breaking it instantly. Before Roy could even come up and gasp for air, the Faun reached in the water and yanked him out straight away, throwing him on the ground next to the water. Perry smirked as he saw his friend gasp for air.
"Roy, you're not a frigging damsel in distress. I really can't leave you alone for a second, can I?", The faun said laughing.

Perry
Savior in Green

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Shulk on Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:02 pm

"It's about fucking time you lot got here!" Camilla panted, starting to show her exhaustion. She wasn't exactly the most fit. After this, she'd have to get started on a fitness regime, she was sure. She was glad she'd played so much Touhou, too. Dodging the shots was a taxing process, but her dodging and vision was pretty good after all that practice. Of course, they seemed to be acting like she was down and out, and although she was just about ready to drop, she wasn't giving up yet. Some of them had to stay up and keep fighting. And although at this rate she probably wasn't going to be able to hit him again, at the very least, she was giving the Hierophant target practice while Ansem and Perry planned their moves. And she hoped they did it quickly. She felt her speed dropping bit by bit. She couldn't hold on to the shape much longer, and soon enough she'd be back to normal, with not enough energy to change again. God damn, she needed some chocolate.

"Can't hold him much longer," she hissed. While the selfish part of her wasn't so keen on them waltzing in out of nowhere to finish the job she and the others been working so hard on, likely to take all the credit, the Hierophant needed to be killed. And quickly. So that hopefully they could save the others. Especially Weldar, who seemed to be the worst off right now. Biting her lip, she concentrated her rage in to her physical movement and put on a last burst of speed, throwing 10 knives at the Hierophant at once. Hopefully one would at least stun him. Now do something! she internally urged Perry and Ansem.
Doctor Shulk
Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:43 pm

Avalanche had cursed the hedges blocking his line of sight when he heard the Hierophant gloat about Weldar's 'party tricks'. As he didn't hear a retort, he peeked around the corner and saw the illusionist slump over.
His blood began to race. The face of TJ mere houres ago still in his mind's eyes as he sprinted from behind the hedges.
He might be able to save him
He'd place an array of shields to defend himself
He'd heal whatever injury Weldar had.
He'd-.....why was he flying?

He didn't have time to react as the hierophant's spell caught him. He hung in mid-air for a second before the water dragged him under.
"Could be worse" he thought to himself. No one could tell him 9 years of swimming experience wasn't good for anything. and even without, climbing out wouldn't be a problem.....
"The......FUCK!" he mentally shouted at himself. There was a solid roof of ice above of him. He swam to the bottom and jumped up, trying to break it with his momentum, but it didn't budge. The ice was massive."No no no no No No No NO NO NO NO!
He looked around, starting to panic. the canal was slim, only broad enough to just hold him. It was barely high enough to hold him. He looked around, trying to find a exit. Not finding one he only grew more anxious, feeling his body scream for air.
He looked up desperatly trying to smash the ice with his staff. He couldn't hold out anymore. His head went light and he coughed, feeling the air that remained leave his body.
"Don't fucking dare......I won't......." he looked desperatly at the last bubbles gathering under the ice. His eyes started to fall.

THUD
"Roy, you're not a frigging damsel in distress. I really can't leave you alone for a second, can I?"
"Who........what.......where.........fuck......."
he thought to himself. He heard a wheezing sound, before realizing it was his own breathing.
The soft feeling on his face was the wet grass underneath him. His entire body tingled. He realized he was cold and wet. His muscles ached as the blood flowed back in them. He coughed, looking up hazily at his faun friend who looked at him with a smirk.
Looking further he saw the Hierophant, looking menacingly. Avalanche realized he had gotten scared. He hadn't recovered from near drowning at all, though being on dry land was definatly an improvement. He crawled away back to the hedges. It felt safe to catch his breath, slowly feeling his mind return and his breathing calm.
As he looked closer to the Hierophant he realized what he was supposed to do.
He hissed a quiet 'fuck' while staggering towards Weldar's fallen body.
Avalanche
Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:41 pm

Raya finally managed to get into the Hierophant's abode to find combat well under way. The once peaceful gardens were now a battlefield, the grass alternatively soaked and frozen and laced with broken chunks of statue. To her dismay a number of her friends were unconscious, those that weren't looked like they'd taken a battering. Suddenly she spotted Fed lying on the cold ground, still and unmoving. The sight caused her heart to leap into her throat- oh no, not him. Losing TJ was one thing, but Fed, of all people? The edges of her vision started to mist over into red when suddenly she saw him twitch. He was alive! Undead. Uh, not permanently dead. He made eye contact and quickly flicked his gaze towards the Hierophant. It dawned on her what his plan was and she nodded, ducking out of sight and using the garden features to edge in closer.

Avalanche himself had managed to stagger over towards the prone Weldar. His robes were sodden and felt like they weighed a ton from all the water. His teeth were chattering with cold and he realised unless he managed to dry out he'd probably be in danger of hypothermia. That could wait, he had more important things to worry about.

Weldar was lying on his back, his stomach a gaping wound of seeping dark blood and shredded flesh. Avalanche felt himself gag at the sight and the smell but forcibly composed himself. This was his role, he couldn't shirk this. Weldar was mercifully unconscious, his breathing shallow and weak. His skin was cold to touch and Av suspected it wasn't entirely due to the Hierophant's ice magic. Oh fuck, this was serious, he was actually dying.

He held up his staff and concentrated, feeling the mana well up from deep inside him, warm and filled with light. He let it flow into Weldar, imagining the wounds knitting and blood flowing again. Before his eyes the hole in the illusionist's stomach began to seal up, the damage done by the ice spike becoming undone.

He felt his arms begin to shake, gritting his teeth at the strain of the healing. It was going to take a shitload of mana to get Weldar back to full capacity again. Would he have enough? The thought caused his spell to fail and the light on his staff to flicker and die. If he used all his mana on Weldar, what would happen if the others got hurt? There was no way he could heal them all if that happened. He'd have to choose. But how could he decide which of his friends lived or died? He looked back to Weldar. Though the wound had mostly healed he was still pale, his breathing still faint, more than likely from the shock and blood loss. At least he was out of immediate danger of death. What he needed was an actual physical healer, someone to treat him until Av was sure his otherwise lack of mana wouldn't doom any of the others. Where the hell was Fed, he'd know what to do. He glanced back at the rest of the battle to try and spot the undead.

Perry had watched Avalanche move towards Weldar and, satisfied that his fellow Dutchie was alright, angrily turned his attention back to the Hierophant. Soak him to the skin? Fine. Shoot him with ice? Fine. Attempt to drown his friend? Now it was fucking on.

He charged towards the Hierophant who raised a wall of water to block his progress; Perry smashed straight through it as though it were nothing, forcing the Hierophant to throw himself aside out of the way. Perry whirled and lunged in again, the Hierophant dodging and weaving like a matador to avoid his attacks. The air began to grow cold and Perry felt the water soaking his body starting to freeze. Hoarfrost matted his fur, his breath streaming out in clouds before him. His muscles locked up, struggling against the cold and the weight of the ice, but still he pressed his attack, his blows becoming slower. The Hierophant smirked, turning the wet grass beneath Perry's hooves to sheer ice, causing him to slip and crash to his knees. Oh, he knew full well the damage the faun would do if he got ahold of him. He wouldn't give him the chance.

The Hierophant stepped back, moving towards the corpse of one of his attackers. The faun was struggling back to his feet and he intended to put some distance between them before it happened. Suddenly a hand lashed out and grabbed his leg and the Hierophant found himself staring into the face of a man who should be dead. Wait, no, this wasn't possible! He'd killed him! He'd ripped his heart apart with shards of ice and-

The man bared his teeth in a savage smile and to his abject horror the Hierophant realised his assailant was a zombie.

He let out a shriek of fear and started hacking away at the arm clutching him, wild instinctive terror at the undead taking hold. No! Under the assault the lich released his grip and the Hierophant staggered backwards, a blast of water and ice pushing the undead away. This was not as planned, not as planned! Zombies didn't have minds of their own, there must be a necromancer behind it! But who-

A blonde whirlwind of slashing steel crashed into him.

Lacking ranged attacks Raya had used Fed's distraction to close the gap and launch her assault. Her blades tore through his robes and drew significant blood before he was able to muster his defences. Sealing the wounds with ice he collected himself, gathered his guard. For a short while he continued to fend off her assault but soon found himself retreating under her furious barrage, his blade concentrated upon parrying hers, no opening available for attack. Her savage blows struck at him without end, and he saw no chance to return them. He attempted to sling a chunk of ice towards her, but she ducked under it and slashed at his arm; he had to leap backwards to avoid losing the limb. For the first time he was being pushed back.

Finally, unable to continue to deflect both swords with his single blade, unable to attack beyond her guard, the Hierophant made his move. He conjured a shaft of ice in his offhand, the frozen weapon hardening to steel toughness. The two fought their way across the open ground, Raya's relentless assault now unable to break through his defences.

He covered every opportunity with a keen eye, exploited her mistakes before she made them, played the swordfight like a chess match, slowly and inexorably drawing her back towards the centre of the garden again. She ducked and weaved the battering blows but now she found herself trapped; every necessary move setting up another attack from her opponent, and suddenly she found herself being pushed back. Her foot slid against the wet grass; she glanced back and bit back a curse as she realized his intent: he was pushing her towards a channel, probably intending to have the water swallow her and crush all resistance. As she was distracted her foe seized the initiative; with quick slash and a flick of his wrists he disarmed her in an instant, her swords flying wide and clattering to the ground. The Hierophant sneered in triumph.

Raya responded by headbutting him in the face.

He staggered back, stars exploding in his vision and she pounced, knocking him to the ground and pinning him flat. She hissed and drew her hand back, fingers splayed as though she had claws ready to tear his throat out when she froze, suddenly realising what she was doing, memories of what she'd committed back in the tavern flooding back. Sensing her hesitation the Hierophant tore his arm free, pressed his hand against her stomach and blasted her with an ice bolt, hurling her off him and sending her crashing painfully to the ground. Raya whined pitifully in agony, bent double in an attempt to stave off the consuming cold gnawing at her insides.

"RAYA!" cried Avalanche, breaking away from Weldar to dash to her side. "Are you alright?!"

"I'm fine," she gasped, blatantly not "Go help the others."

"But-"

"Go help the others Avalanche!" she snapped, dragging herself up onto her knees "They need you more than I do."

"But-"

"Do it Roy! Don't let them..."

The Hierophant had pulled himself back to his feet, prepared to fight once more, wincing at the warm blood running down his arms and soaking his hands, his head burning, the wounds in his chest, as in his neck, only stifled by the ice he'd placed there to hinder them.

He stared at the pair, having heard the entire exchange. And something clicked. He recognised the girl now: she was one of the two that had come to see the Ruling Council earlier. The talk of prophecies, of uniting as one, of vanquishing the darkness...suddenly it all made terrible, glorious sense and in that instant the Hierophant saw his efforts shatter, saw his carefully laid plans collapse like a house of cards. Everything he'd worked for, every string he'd pulled and back he'd stabbed, everything he'd done and was going to do...it was all meaningless, it was all so futile. They were right, they were right! All along he'd been blinded, so blissfully numb, so sure that the path he strode to shape a new future was the right one...

But no, here stood the truth in all its awful majesty amongst the broken shards of his pathetic schemes. He started to laugh, because if he didn't he'd weep. Madness laced the edges of his laughter as his world came crashing down. How could he have been so...

There was a metallic clang as he threw his sword aside and sank down to his knees, laughing at the miserable humour of the world. The ice blade in his off-hand disintegrated, the writhing tendrils of water collapsed into the two channels.

"I surrender."

There was a pause as everyone hesitated, unsure of how to react, completely thrown by this turn of events.

Raya painfully got back to her feet, brushing off Avalanche's attempts to help "What are you playing at, Hierophant?"

"Nothing at all," he said, unable to keep the smile from twitching the corner of his lips "I surrender, completely and absolutely."

Raya retrieved her sword and held it out in front of her, cautiously walking forward. She was aware of everyone staring at her; at least if the Hierophant was planning a trap it would only be her affected.

"You were right," continued the Hierophant, sad laughter choking his words "Everything you said before was the truth, wasn't it? About coming into this world, being heroes of legend, uniting everyone against the Nameless Army. It's all true, in the end. It's all another bitter irony, after all this time..."

She was now in front of him, sword tip an inch away from his neck "You're utter scum, you know that?"

His gaze flicked from the wavering blade back to her face with a grin "Foxes have their teeth as well as their tricks, eh Raya?"

"Don't use my name like you know me." The tip pressed threateningly against his throat "You're a monster. You're a liar, a fraud and a murderer.You'd have the world burn in hell if it would justify your goals. Give me one good reason why I shouldn't tear your head off right now."

"I can do better than that," smiled the Hierophant. Slowly he raised his hands to the hem of his hood and in one quick movement threw it back.

Raya took a step backwards in sheer surprise.

"In order to save this world from hell..."

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

Back to top Go down

Post  Quaetam on Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:41 pm

“…I have led a usurpation of heaven.”

And all was still. The garden was a wreck; the stone statues and fountains largely reduced to rubble, the ground soaked with a mixture of blood and water. The air was cold; their breath rising in a mist. A thin layer of water sloshed around as if by a flood, collapsed out of the air when the Heirophant released his magic.

And in the center of it all Raya stood unmoving, shock etched into her face, shaking blade at Quaetam’s throat.

His hood thrown back, Quaetam stood equally silent, his mind racing, still unable to accept the shattering of his world. His laughter had stopped, slowly giving way to horror. His hair was bloodied, matted following the fight. His hazel eyes had gone cold, focused on the person in front of him. His mouth was stoic as he maintained his composure.

There was a second steel clatter as Raya tossed her sword aside, leapt forward, and threw her arms around him. Quaetam leaned back in surprise, raising his arms slightly, feeling incredibly nonplussed, his conscience marred by the fight that had just occured. The incipient vision of the beserker who had clawed her way within inches of his jugular now granting him such an embrace was, admittedly, unsettling, and the knowledge of what he’d almost done to her equally so. On her part, Raya didn’t say a word. She looked at him, unable to believe who she was seeing, relief and compassion awash through her being, and buried her face in his robes. Left arm dangling at his side, he moved his right around and patted her on the back, pulled her slightly closer in a sort of muted half-embrace.

Raya felt the cold of the ice matting his chest wounds, and pulled back, looking at his face, her expression changing. The gravity of the situation seemed to reassert itself to both of them. She looked him up and down, from the frosted hair to the dark expression to the ceremonial robes he now adorned.

Raya pulled her fist back and punched Quaetam straight, hard in the jaw. He made no move to avoid it. He reeled backwards and caught his balance, rubbing the bruise. For a second all was quiet again.

“…You deserved that,” she said, breaking the silence at last.

Quaetam nodded, eyes closed, his face kept straight despite the agony now beginning to dawn in his mind.

He looked around. Of his enemies, no, of his friends, those who still could stand stared at him. The white mage, now revealed as Avalanche, stood nearby, his robes drenched and frosted in places, his expression surprised. Not far behind, the man who had shot fire had propped himself up against a pillar, on the verge of collapse, showing a look of sheer rage. The shapeshifter stood beside him, panting, having just sprinted the length and breadth of the battlefield several times over. The faun, still encumbered by the ice Quaetam had used to overcome his reckless charge, stood at a distance, his face a sneer, his axe still in hand. The zombie had crawled over beside the shapeshifter, standing quiet, and the dark mage joined him. Raya’s expression had changed from compassion and surprise to utmost rage.

“Who are they?” Quaetam said in a low, cold tone laced with dread, knowing the answer, but asking anyways, struggling to maintain the wall he had so vehemently constructed around his emotions, panic rising within him.

“They’re the other forumites, Q,” said Raya, “and they’re all my friends.”

He did not know for sure if it was Raya’s phrasing or his own shock at what he’d done that pierced his façade, but as he looked around he found bodies strewn about the courtyard, bleeding, battered, and dared not read into their fates for the sake of his own sanity, and his mind filled with fear.

“They’re alive,” said Raya, following his gaze, answering the question his mind begged, “but only just.”

Quaetam fell to his knees again, unable to look her in the eye, clenching his fists and his teeth, “I can’t believe it. All my struggles fought in futility, no, in blind ignorance. This… It seems the ironies of this world are even greater than the one we left. This is all so wrong…”

His gaze drifted towards hers, his eyes filled with anger at the world, anger at himself, and he stood and spoke straight to her.

“The purpose in life is a life of purpose. I’ve done everything I could for the greater good, worked as hard as I can to build a future for the people of this world, damned myself in a bid for salvation,” he said, his voice shaking slightly but remaining strong, “But I’ve been such a fool. If you wish to take my life, Raya, I’ll accept oblivion without hesitation.”

There was a grim silence where their gazes met, and Raya pulled him upright, wincing visibly as she did, “Stop that shit right now. We can talk later; right now some of us need help.”

She turned behind her to the white mage, who stood still shocked, “Avalanche! How are the others?”
Quaetam
Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:41 pm

Spoiler:
This post is just so you guys won't see who the last poster was.

Dark Before The Dawn- RP thread - Page 11 Trollface

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

Back to top Go down

Post  Perry on Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:31 pm

"fucking seriously?", Perry muttered in utter disgust as he threw his axes in the ground next to his feet and sat on the ground. "This is complete bullshit."
"Just because he has a friendly face suddenly, the fuck seriously?"
The frustration and confusion of the faun caused him to act a bit sporadic as he immediately stood up again and clearly showed he had no idea what to do. Q or no Q, fucker had to die. But the rest would stop him, and fuck would he even really want it?

A familliar feeling, from back at the very gates of this city suddenly flared up in the back of his head. In a flash of rage, Perry's blood boiled, releasing himself from the last batches of ice encumbering him and immediately grabbed the axe at his feet, launching it with all the strength he could muster at the bastard's head. He didn't care who he hit. "FUCK!", he roared as he turned around, not even sure what or who he hit. He really needed to break something right now.
For the safety of the rest of the group and himself, he walked off, disregarding whatever could've been going on and left the scene.

Maybe if they paid a listening ear, the group could hear a loud thud in the background as Perry smashed his fist open on the Mansion's wall. What the hell was wrong with this. He raised his fist and slammed it on the bloodstain on the wall once more. He'd never been good with angry emotions, and this might just be the angriest he'd ever been. He couldn't even surpress it even if he tried. His knuckles exposed and a bone in his hand broken, the seering pain gave him something to shift his attention to. His hand went limp as a tendon must've gotten dammaged, and he tried making a fist again but to no avail.
For some reason that only made him angrier, and as Perry tilted his head back he just wanted relief from this feeling which he could do absolutely nothing with. He rushed his head forward to the wall and only heard a loud rumble as it stayed black.

Perry
Savior in Green

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Shulk on Sat Nov 05, 2011 3:31 pm

Camilla couldn't breathe. She'd reached her limit, and all she could do was fall to her knees, panting. Apart from the odd scratch and bruise, she'd come out of that fight remarkably unscathed. Well, physically, that was. Mentally?
Considering it was Q standing right there, Q she'd been punching and dodging and who had nearly killed her? She wasn't happy, that was for sure. She'd come close to killing someone who was her friend...but he had come close to killing her, and had, indeed, possibly killed someone who she considered one of her best friends. Giving a small, strangled sob, Camilla felt the tears well up in her eyes and begin to fall. She crouched over, her head almost touching her knees, as she cried. What was the point? The only time she'd been vaguely useful - apart from not being able to save her friends from death - everything had turned out to be wrong.

"Why? Everything is...fuck." she whispered in between broken sobs, her voice barely strong enough with the effort of crying. She wanted to turn herself in to stone and not move, but she knew if she did that she'd have to listen to her own guilt and inadequacy as preached by her mind. Wiping her eyes, she slowly crawled over to where the casualties lay, hoping that there wouldn't be any more deaths. It was the last thing they needed.
Doctor Shulk
Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:53 am

"Come on, stay with us...." muttered Avalanche quietly and nervously while healing Weldar up. He was lucky the ice imideatly froze some nerve endings, so the pain never quite reached. The healing however would inevitably thaw them.
He kept looking over his shoulder at the movements of the Hierophant, not wanting a second trip down the canals. He didn't even had the strength left to place a shield to protect his back.
He was more relieved then he'd ever admit seeing Raya join the fight as well, keeping constant pressure on the Hierophant to make sure he could heal Weldar till he wasn't suffering any mortal injuries anymore......a pretty decent sized hole in his stomach, but nothing lethal anymore.
"Sah will have to check that one out" he thought to himself, whiping the sweat from his forehead. Avalanche didn't have any energy left for spells at all. The fight had to end soon. Hardly anyone had any strength left.

As he turned around he saw Raya getting blown away by a blast of ice."No No No!" Avalanche's thoughts imideatly assumed the worst."RAYA!" he dashed over there quicker then his legs should have been able to and knelt down to look at the damage. It wasn't something he was familiar with, and without any energy he'd be unable to help her. It terrified him.
"Are you alright?" he asked, trying to sound composed. His voice was higher then usual, but that may have slipped past her unoticed.
"I'm fine. (no she wasn't) Go help the others"
"But-"
"Go help the others! They need it worse then me."
"But-"
"Do it Roy! Don't let them......"

The Hierophant approached again. Avalanche looked up terrified and tried to hold his staff, but he couldn't get a firm grasp.
"This is it....." he thought looking up at the menacing figure.
He stept closer yet again. Avalanche quickly glanced to Raya, who was looking up incredibly pissed off at the Hierophant. For some reason there didn't seem to be any fear in her eyes.
The Hierophant started laughing. Almost maniacally. Avalanche wanted to close his eyes and turn away.
"For the love of god just make it quick" he thought to himself. He didn't want to imagine the possibilities of ice inspired torture.....Which he then inevitably did. Why did his mind think of so many torture methods?
"I surrender."

"........what?
......What!?
WHAT!?
WHATWHATWHATWHAT!!!!????"

This is a joke. He lulls us into false security then BAMF icy death. Has to be. Fucking sadist."

Then the Hierophant continued talking. And his words had a familiarity about them Avalanche couldn't quite place. He adressed Raya as if he had known her for years.
When he pulled back his hood though, it hit him in the face like a comedic timed anvil.
"Everything you know is wrong"
In order to save this world-
"Black is white, up is down and short is long"
-I led the usurpation of heaven.
"Everything you know is wrong"
Raya threw her arms around Q
"Just humm the words and go along"

Avalanche blamed the lack of proper sleep, the emotional trauma from TJ's death, the possible damage suffered from near drowning and the lack of energy for that small, completly justified freak out. He supported himself on his staff to get back up and forced himself to rethink the whole scenario.
"Q is the Hierophant..........Q just nearly fucking drowned me.........Q send Ryran back after us.......Q nearly fucking drowned me!
also
Q is a friend.........Q just stopped kicking our asses.......Q seems.....remorsefull?"

His mind was still kind of fried, but he realized the fighting had ended, and that in the best case scenario they just won over a incredibly powerfull ally.
Relieved Avalanche wanted to drop on his back and sleep the rest of the night away, nightmares of purgatory be damned.
"Avalanche! How are the others!" he'd never get the chance to go to sleep.
"Don't mind me, just......just picking my jaw from the floor. I think I got it." He looked around. Weldar was out of direct danger. Camilla had dropped to her knees, but didn't seem injured. Perry was--"
An axe flew right past the party and lodged itself in one of the few intact statues in the garden. Avalanche turned to see the Faun walk away.
-Perry was pissed off.....Requiem was exhausted. Feday wasn't far from Q and Raya, but Avalanche didn't dare to help him, afraid his healing magic would actually do more harm then good.
Sahrimnir was lodged in the bushes next to Weldar, but aside from water and small bits of ice on the back of his head he seemed okay. Just knocked out.......cold.
"That was terrible." he thought to himself further observing the battlefield. He couldn't find Snake anywhere, but TD was laying close to the fountain, and was wounded pretty badly from a chest wound.
Avalanche knelt down next to him and observed the wound. It was pretty clean, line shaped. No traces of water, so it wasn't by the Hierophant......Q's ice magic. He still had a pulse, so Avalanche was determined to save him.
"Alright TD...." Avalanche said, making sure to say every word incredibly carefull, despite him being out cold. He took of his cloak. It was cold and wet, but it was the best he had. Avalanche's face was completly white. He was getting more used to seeing his friends bleed though. He wasn't sure whether that was good or bad.
"This will sting like a bitch, and I just ask that you don't scream if this wakes you up." He grabbed his knife and cut of a large line of the cloak to use as improvised band-aid, wrapping it tight around his chest before rolling him on his back, to minimize the bleeding.
While he didn't wake up, his face did turn to a grimace.

Avalanche stood up and walked to the bushes Sah was lodged into and pulled him out, poking him with his staff.
"Come on Sah, there is healing to be done."
Avalanche
Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:49 am

Snake stayed in the shadows, watching the scene unfold. He may have been kind of dumb, but he wasn't stupid. Sometimes the best thing to do is be invisible.

But still... He couldn't believe the Heirophant was really......

A jew....
SnakeInABox
SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:35 am

Spoiler:
Had a lot of input from Fed in this, since he's unable to write one of his own at present, so I'm doing it for him ^^

The fury and adrenaline Raya had felt throughout the battle immediately evaporated as the Hierophant revealed his identity, replaced by pure shock. For a moment she was speechless, unable to believe what she was seeing, until it finally dawned on her that her eyes weren't playing tricks, that the man before her was real.

She threw aside her sword and embraced him in a fierce hug.

Complete relief swept through her- after all this, after all the hate and pain, this utter monster they believed they were fighting was nothing of the sort. It was Q, noble, cunning Q, and here he was right before them. To find another forumite here, to have him replace the evil they thought they were facing...it was as if a huge weight had been lifted, some terrible disaster averted. She clung to him as if she'd never let him go.

The cold beneath his robes began to seep into her own body heat and the relief twisted into bitter anger. She heard the cries of her injured friends, remembered the stories she'd been told by Damian, saw TJ's body bleeding out across the flagstones...she broke the embrace and punched him straight in the jaw.

He staggered back but didn't protest, knowing that he deserved it. But the physical pain was nothing compared to that when he realised just who the others were. His empty laughter echoed through the garden, near broken from the cruel irony of it all. His resignation at the idea of her taking his life in retribution only irritated her further. No, there had been far too much bloodshed tonight. He may have been a bastard, he may have done unspeakable things, but he was still her friend and she wasn't going to let him throw his life away so easily.

She was one of the few to think that. An axe whizzed past them and embedded itself into a statue, cleaving it in two, accompanied by a roar as Perry turned and stormed off. Raya and Quaetam stood together in the garden's centre, the latter with his eyes downcast, as the party collected itself. Between them Avalanche and Sah had patched up the worst of the injuries, though neither of them were yet strong enough to bring everyone back to full. TD and Weldar were still unconscious and badly battered, if stable.

"We need to find someplace to rest," Fedaykin told Raya "We can't travel with Weldar and TD like this, it will do them more harm than good."

"My home is at your disposal," spoke up Quaetam "I'll have my servants prepare rooms for you all."

"No!" snapped Camilla, kneeling down besides Weldar "How can we trust you, after this? After what you've done?! No, I refuse, we're not-"

"Camilla," Raya's voice was flat and harsh "Weldar is hurt. We have no other choice."

Camilla opened her mouth to protest but Raya's look caught her short and her words died in her throat. She was right, she knew, but it didn't mean she had to like it. Carrying the unconscious between them the party approached Quaetam's mansion, spotting the prone form of Perry on the way.

"I'll summon my guards," said Quaetam "I'll see to it they bring him inside."

"Eheh, yeah, about your guards..." said Ansem sheepishly. Quaetam fixed him with a long, hard stare but didn't say anything.

"I'll stay with him," volunteered Avalanche "I'll see him to his room safe."

Quaetam nodded and pushed open the door to the inside, only to find his butler sprinting towards him.

"My lord!" he cried "There's intruders on your property! They've been using foul illusion magic to distract us! We must get you to saf-" he trailed off, eyes wide as he saw his injured master and the battered host behind him.

"Cerril, prepare rooms for my guests," announced Quaetam as if nothing was untoward "Summon my physician as well. We are in need of some healing."

The butler's mouth opened and closed like a fish, completely thrown by the situation.

"I won't ask again, Cerril." Said Quaetam in low voice, his authority coming back to him. The butler registered the veiled threat and bowed, dashing off to fulfil his commands. Quaetam turned to the others "My house is your house. If you are in need of anything ask the servants and they will fulfil it."

Nobody replied. Instead they wordlessly drifted up the ornate staircase where a serving girl was already waiting to guide them. Quaetam and Raya were left standing alone together.

"Q," said Raya "Out there in the garden...if you hadn't recognised who we were, you would have killed us, wouldn't you?"

Quaetam started and almost made to protest, but he knew there was no way he could lie to her.

"Yes," he said in a quiet voice "Yes, I would have."

Raya turned away "And I would have done the same to you."

He stared at her but her expression was unreadable. She looked towards him again.

"Good night, Q."

She made her way up the staircase, leaving what was once the Hierophant alone.

----------------

Raya mounted the stairs and found Fedaykin waiting at the top for her. She looked surprised as he fell into step beside her, leading her towards the guest rooms.

"You alright Fed?"

"I came to see if you were."

"I'm fine."

He looked at the way she was stiffly walking and raised an eyebrow. "You look hurt."

"He hit me at point blank range, of course it bloody hurt."

"Let me take a look."

"I said I'm fine."

"I'm serious."

"So am I."

Fed grumbled "Just lift up your shirt so I can se-"

She playfully slapped him away "I appreciate the attention Fed but you're not getting me undressed in the middle of the corridor." Fed laughed despite himself and she continued "I just need a warm bath and a hot cup of tea and I'll be right as rain. And if I'm not I'll ask Av or Sah to heal me if they have any mana left, alright?"

He realised he wouldn't get a better offer from her and nodded his assent, though he certainly wasn't happy about it. The two fell silent for a moment.

"Y'know," said Raya in a quiet voice "You really scared me back then."

"How so?" he asked concerned.

"Out in the garden...I thought you were dead."

"So did the Hierophant."

She chuckled "I think he shat enough bricks to build himself a second mansion. And I guess we should be calling him Q now rather than the Hierophant, eh? But, out there...what did he do to you?"

"Honestly? I'm not sure," he traced the tip of his finger in a circle on his chest "He looked at me, I felt a biting cold, something ripping..." he paused "I think he might have froze my heart."

"He tried to kill you?"

"He would have if I was different."

Again there was silence.

"Fed...what do you make of this?"

"Of Q?"

"Mm."

The lich frowned in thought "Q is a good friend of mine. I don't believe he's done any of this out of evil. He's not malevolent. But innocent people have died because of him. How can that be for the greater good? How can his greater purpose justify of the deaths of others?"

Raya nodded in agreement "There's more to this than we know. In the morning we need to talk. Right now though we're injured, tired and stressed. In the morning we'll be calmer, we can discuss this with clear heads."

"You trust him?"

"What else can I do?"

They came to halt outside a door that Fed indicated was her room. He placed both his hands on her shoulders "Promise me you'll get yourself seen to, alright? Also...I'm sorry that I worried you out there."

"No worries," the side of Raya's mouth tugged upwards in a smile "In return just promise you won't get yourself killed."

"I'll do my best," Fed smiled back and straightened "I'm going to go check on the others, make sure they're all right. Gute Nacht und schlaf gut, meine Liebe, pass auf dich auf und stell keinen Blödsinn an."

"G'night, Fed, you too."

-----------------

Raya clicked the door shut behind her and surveyed the room. It was rather nice and comely, complete with a plush four poster bed and a roaring fire in the hearth. There was even a china tea set waiting on a table for her, filled with piping hot tea (she'd comment about Q buying into stereotypes, but hell, she appreciated it right now). She bent down to pour herself a cup and gasped at the sudden pain that lanced though her. Gingerly she rolled up her shirt to see the extent of her injuries

Q had inflicted a fair amount of damage. There was a massive ice burn across her stomach, the skin surrounding it blackened and yellowed from bruising and the cold. She winced and covered it up again. It wasn't important- right now the others needed Avalanche and Sah's healing far more than she did. She finished her tea, kicked off her shoes and flopped down on the bed. Today had been one hell of a day. She intended to get her thoughts in order and have a serious think about what Q's revelation entailed, and perhaps go check up on the others, but after a few minutes she was out like a light.

Last edited by Qaya on Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:57 pm; edited 2 times in total

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

Back to top Go down

Post  Omicron Austin on Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:42 pm

Omicron sat awake, alone in one of the many guest rooms of Q's glorious mansion. He was awake for many reasons, one of them being a complete lack of exhaustion. Everybody else was tired, cut, or nearly dead, while he was in great condition. Why? He did nothing. Nothing at all.

But what could he have done? As soon as battle erupted in the garden and the entire group came to help, all Omicron saw was water, water everywhere. A man, taking down all of his friends, one by one, with water and ice. If the others were helpless to this masterful control of merely liquid and cold, what could a man who's very skin burned when it drizzled outside do? So Omicron dove into a bush, and hoped he wasn't seen and drizzled on in the midst of battle.

He did have a bow. Maybe he could have shot it. By this point, his aim was nearing perfection. He could hit the neck or the heart with ease, and be sure to avoid his allies. But an arrow can only travel so fast, and a simple blast of water or wall of ice could stop it. What then? The Heirophant surely would have sprayed or frozen him to get rid of the annoyance temporarily, but to Omicron it could have meant unspeakable pain or perhaps death. He still wasn't sure how much water it would take to kill him, but the agony it caused was a likely indicator that it wouldn't require much.

Maybe it didn't matter at all now, anyway. The Heirophant was an ally, Q was on their side. All of the forumites contained powers that no civilian in this world could dream of, so he would definitely never encounter something like that again. But water was everywhere, and anybody could use it. Rain was a huge annoyance as well; while it's possible to get cover, the humidity alone made Omicron ache all over, and he would in no way be able to use his powers, making him a prime target to enemies by having only a bow in hand.

Not that his powers were that great, either. He still had so much trouble controlling them or making them work. He felt the massive energy, the potential, but it wasn't like he was exploding into a giant pillar of fiery chaos. The energy he felt was pent up, unable to be released except in small trickles. His pipes were full of pressure, clogged, not running properly. What was he missing? Was it a mental block that he had to surpass? Maybe it was like in the Spiderman movie, where he lost his powers as he lost his confidence.

A soft knock came from Omicron's door, interrupting his thoughts.
"Come in." Two women, dressed in uniform, walked quietly into the room, holding several trays of a variety of foods. "Where would you like your serving, sir?" one of them asked. Omicron asked Quaetam if he could have any food before he went to bed. He remembered him laughing heartily, "Sure, you can have whatever you want. I'll have some servants sent to your room later", though he also remembered Q's slightly saddened face at that being the only request. After all, the two were fairly good friends from the forums, and that's as far as the reuniting conversation went between the two. Omicron wanted to say more, but the combination of the major events from the past few days, like TJ's death, the Heirophant's menacing threat becoming the worst possible sort of reunion, and simply the fact that Q could overpower Omicron at any instant made him a little uncomfortable.

"Oh, just put it on my bed here, and please don't call me sir; the name is Omicron, Omi for short" he replied to the maids. "Yes si--Yes, Omicron. Can we be of any other assistance to you?" Already shoveling down his food, he froze and thought for a moment. "Actually...yes, maybe. Do you have any sort of completely isolated, dark, dungeon-like chamber without any precious or flammable objects in it?" The two servants looked at eachother confusingly for just a moment before turning back to him. "There is such a place. Would you like us to lead you to it?" they asked. "Please. And...could one of you carry this tray? I'll be eating it on the way down." With an increasingly curious expression, the other woman grabbed the other tray that Omicron wasn't already holding and led him down into the dungeon.

He was going to practice.
Omicron Austin
Omicron Austin
Savior in Green

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 22 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16 ... 22  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum