In which we discuss the hypnotic one-eyed pagan god of your living room

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

In which we discuss the hypnotic one-eyed pagan god of your living room - Page 4 Empty Re: In which we discuss the hypnotic one-eyed pagan god of your living room

Post  TD260 on Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:05 pm

What channel is this on?
TD260
TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

In which we discuss the hypnotic one-eyed pagan god of your living room - Page 4 Empty Re: In which we discuss the hypnotic one-eyed pagan god of your living room

Post  Quaetam on Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:55 pm

Fox. Hopefully if it's canceled there something else will pick it up.

And I'd recommend starting from the beginning if you want to check it out, which you should. You pick this up now and you won't have a clue what's going on Razz Also give it time, things start to get really good mid-season 1, and even moreso mid season 2.... the show really just explodes in quality as it goes on.
Quaetam
Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:55 pm

Quaetam wrote:Fox. Hopefully if it's canceled there something else will pick it up.
A prayer 8 years running, mate.
TD260
TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  Quaetam on Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:58 pm

td260 wrote:
Quaetam wrote:Fox. Hopefully if it's canceled there something else will pick it up.
A prayer 8 years running, mate.

Nothing else need be said, absolutely true.
Quaetam
Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:22 pm

I don't know about Firefly coming back... They'd need to change a lot.

River could be better adjusted after years of therapy and with public opinion against the Alliance because of the Reavers there is a full civil war being fought. Mal has a higher rank due to his... captainy skills... and River becomes the face of the rebellion.

Wait a minute... Large well funded empire vs. desperate rebels who believe in the cause, wise-cracking rogue in position of authority, face of rebellion is a young adult with Psychic like powers...

Everything I can think of that would take place years after the movie just ends up turning into Star Wars.
TheTJ
TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:45 pm

Bumping~

Red Dwarf is a classic British cult comedy that ran for 8 series from 1988-1999. It features the adventures of the last human, a dead man, an OCD android, a creature that evolved from a cat and a senile computer lost 3 million years in space. And it was bloody hilarious. The first 6 series were absolute gold and they're still regularly shown on TV. One of the main writers left at the end of series 6, and series 7-8 really suffered as a result. Still watchable but the chemistry of the characters had changed and the show wasn't as good.

Series 8 ended on a massive cliffhanger that never got resolved. Then in 2009 the comedy channel Dave comissioned and aired a three-part special, Back To Earth. How did they resolve the massive cliffhanger? They didn't, they pretended BTE happened after the non-existant series 9 Razz BTE was so popular Dave comissioned a whole brand new series, Red Dwarf X, the first proper Red Dwarf in 13 years.

So why am I bumping this thread? Because X has just started airing. I'm a huge fan of Red Dwarf, so there being a new series is a huge thing. Yet there was the big fear that it was going to be rubbish and a really shitty reboot...but no, I've seen the first episode and it was great. As soon as Cat waltzed in with an AAOOOOWWW I was sold. Looking forward to the rest!

Oh, it got a very short American remake. It was shit.

I totally should stream it for you guys at some point.