TWBB Mafia Game 20: Those who Challenge Fate-ENDGAME-A Kingdom Worth Living For (Thread 1)

Page 23 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

TWBB Mafia Game 20: Those who Challenge Fate-ENDGAME-A Kingdom Worth Living For (Thread 1) - Page 23 Empty Re: TWBB Mafia Game 20: Those who Challenge Fate-ENDGAME-A Kingdom Worth Living For (Thread 1)

Post  Quaetam on Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:28 pm

Vote Tally:
Requiem(Cool: Relmitos, td260, Spoonman, Pineapple, Warchamp7, hudsonboy111, Eisen, Ansem
DarkFalco(4): SnakeInABox, Johnny, Raya, Avalanche
Spoonman(3): Requiem, DarkFalco, Sonix!

Yet to vote(4): OmicronAustin, SurgePox, Hekatommy Riagon, Minby_Aran, TheTJ

2 hours and 33 minutes remain in the dayphase!
Quaetam
Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

TWBB Mafia Game 20: Those who Challenge Fate-ENDGAME-A Kingdom Worth Living For (Thread 1) - Page 23 Empty Re: TWBB Mafia Game 20: Those who Challenge Fate-ENDGAME-A Kingdom Worth Living For (Thread 1)

Post  SpoonMan Abrams X on Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:30 pm

I'm gone for a day and you guys are all voer the place. So far I've been accused of being Mafia, being the MB/Hierophant, being a Pawn, or being the Arbiter. Also;

King Avalanche wrote:Spoon seems to be insistent that DF is Amaterasu, but nothing indicates this.
Your full of crap. I wasn't the one to bring this up or support it. The most I ever regarding this is that, in relation to Fed being the Youngster AND flipping Mafian, that DF's claim from before (that many other people, not myself, seemed to be putting stock in) doesn't mean she is a civilian, even IF she actually does end up being that role. You're claiming evidence that doesn't actually exist. Besides that I still feel DF, being midst of the happenings since the very START of the game, is not very clean in the slightest (especially with their behaviour and votes these last 24 hours).

There's quite a bit of last minute vote flipping, especially people seemingly trying to pull attention off of Requiem and pull the lynch even last minute. This shouldn't be happening.

Also, of note is the fact that Ansem (who still looks scummy as heck imo) just attacked the player that claimed they are clean, after making a soft claim (which they have also ignored inquiries on and not bothered to elaborate).

There is also the whole fact that someone day-killed DRTJR (which in itself wasn't too bad considering his lack of usefulness), and he flipped townie with a Role (Camilla role, what powers does that entail anyway?), yet hardly ANYONE has paid any attention to it.

There's a whole lot of side-stepping, ignoring, and tunnel-vision as far as facts are going in this game, not to mention some outright fabricating (as pointed out above) of information. You all need to get your act together.
SpoonMan Abrams X
SpoonMan Abrams X
Dedede's Enforcer

https://www.facebook.com/LePieLives

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkFalco on Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:36 pm

mmm yes...just one of your many leads that were duds? you've only been right once so far sir. quite frankly the only thing thats been saving your ass is the fact you flipped townie. and hell i'm starting to wonder about that. would be the perfect cover for a mafia don, wouldn't you think? Since you have the 1 up, Q wouldn't just reveal your alignment, it would mess with the game and make you an insta-kill. And since it's not the first time i've been poking fingers at you, it'd make sense that me knowing something is why you've got a hard on about killing me. hell it'd also make sense why you are so strongly leaning on spoon being a "townie" too. With the herd believing everything you say with the townie flip, they'll believe just about anything you say, even if it's killed pretty much nothing but townies, other than the one time of course. And even that makes sense. fed was close to dying anyway, so why not try to save some face and make yourself look good?
DarkFalco
DarkFalco
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

https://www.facebook.com/jessica.ninness?ref=profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:44 pm

DarkFalco wrote:mmm yes...just one of your many leads that were duds? you've only been right once so far sir. quite frankly the only thing thats been saving your ass is the fact you flipped townie.

Whoa wait he is a confirmed Townie?
SnakeInABox
SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  Minby_Aran on Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:49 pm

DF, every single thing you've said from the beginning of this game has been suspicious as hell. The only reason you've made it this far is because you roleclaimed, and that isn't even solid. There's no proof of your role and honestly, you've just been attacking people with weak reasons this whole time. I want to see some proof of your role, and until then, Vote:DF Since Req already has the noose on his neck, let this be a FoS, but I want some proof, or you're at the top of my list of suspicions.
Minby_Aran
Minby_Aran
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

http://valiant-brawlers.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Shulk on Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:52 pm

Not changing my vote, but agreeing on the point that DF looks scummy as hell.

Not posting more because I'm tired and feel like shit.
Doctor Shulk
Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

http://gangreldorf.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  SpoonMan Abrams X on Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:55 pm

StuckInABox wrote:
DarkFalco wrote:mmm yes...just one of your many leads that were duds? you've only been right once so far sir. quite frankly the only thing thats been saving your ass is the fact you flipped townie.

Raya said Ansem is townie due to "the nature of her role", but hasn't since clarified or explained anything. Post is right here;
Raya wrote:
Spoiler:
Interesting that nobody died in the night. Not even a hint of flavour text to say that an attempt was made. Are the mafia being inactive or did Q just not write about a failed attempt?

Unless shenanigans have happened in the meantime I can vouch for Ansem being a townie. Nature of my role and whatnot.

Regarding DF: Claiming Amaterasu is now no means a way of claiming town, since Youngester Joey ended up mafia (though when I had that role I was mafia too, though only through recruitment, heh). Amaterasu is a pretty powerful role, so I'm surprised to not see more evidence of DF using it. For instance, she's claimed people are being suspicious, but she hasn't used a vigilante power. She's not even hinted at using the most obvious use of her power, the cop scan. Perhaps her power has indeed been nerfed, but that would only make sense if it was, say, a mafian role. She's also listing people as 'likely town' who haven't posted much or have come under suspicion, like Spoon. Seems odd.

Speaking of Spoon, he's still on the top of my list of suspects. He's defending himself rather aggressively, which may be his natural playstyle, but he does seem rather spirited about launching attacks to defend himself. Mainly his comment about 'Smash being a pawn came out of nowhere'. Well, no, not really. For a start, Smash is a good player. But also Smash was the one who started the attack on Spoon. What better way to get him to shut up and be on your side? Also he's been rather adamant at playing down Sah's pawn role, saying he must be full townie on revival and saying multiple things about Sah's potential powers.

Relm has some good arguments against Req, *but* the bandwagon that's just started is making me suspicious. People are just saying "Yup, I agree." and voting. Seems a sudden bundle onto him. Another reason why I'm becoming increasingly suspicious of Camilla. She's done nothing overtly scummy, but the way she's been wording things, sneaking in to throw votes, providing little evidence herself, all seems a bit suspicious.

EDIT: Ninja'd by Q

btw wanted to leave this here;

Weldar was erased! He was Karkat Vantas! Alignment: Town

Avos was lynched! He was Kirby! Alignment: Serial Killer!

SnakeInABox was erased! He was Mario! Alignment: Town

GreenArcher was banned! She was Natu! Alignment: Town

Sahrimnir was killed! He was Picnicker Sova! Alignment: Town, and a Pawn!

Fedaykin was lynched! He was Youngster Joey! Alignment: Avalanchia!

Sahrimnir was lynched! He was Picknicker Sova! Alivnment: Town, and a Pawn!

Smashbro was banned! He was a Townie, Alignment: Town, and a Pawn!z

JGH27 was banned! He was the Ice Climbers! Alignment: Town

DRTJR was killed! He was Camilla. Alignment: Town

Since there was discussion before of what the "colors" of each alignment entails, this is every PLAYER kill in the game thus far (because Wario was a NPC, therefor not really important).

I believe that the colors have to do with the manner in which they were killed. Erased = Red alignment, Lynch or Day/Night kill = Cyan alignment, and Ban = FULL Cyan line

Also wanted to point out that all Lynches seem to be BANS, except in special circumstances, like the double lynch or Avos' (since he was the SK... though admittedly that still seems a bit off).
SpoonMan Abrams X
SpoonMan Abrams X
Dedede's Enforcer

Back to top Go down

Post  Warchamp7 on Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:23 pm

My vote is staying on Req. DarkFalco or Spoon can come tomorrow.
Warchamp7
Warchamp7
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  HUDSONBOY111 on Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:32 pm

SpoonMan Abrams X wrote:There is also the whole fact that someone day-killed DRTJR (which in itself wasn't too bad considering his lack of usefulness), and he flipped townie with a Role (Camilla role, what powers does that entail anyway?), yet hardly ANYONE has paid any attention to

I explored this, and was promptly ignored.

And Spoonman, what do you think about smash being banned too?

And to snake, I'm pretty sure DF was referring to you in her last post; she was just ninja'd by Spoonman.
HUDSONBOY111
HUDSONBOY111
Police Chief Link's Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Requiem on Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:39 pm

Hmph. My alignment won't do you any good. I'm not affiliated with anybody. Spoonman and Relm are still mafian. I tried to help you all, but you were too blind to see the truth. My death will serve nothing but to weaken the town further, how sad it is you all couldn't see that. I even told the truth about who I was. A third party survivor. I attempted to guide you all in the proper path, I pointed Sahrimnir at Fedaykin. He was no cop. You were deceived and guided, and now you come upon me, guided by the very hands that seek to end the town. Learn your lesson well, I find it hard to believe that I will be returned from the dead to help you again.
Requiem
Requiem
Savior in Green

Back to top Go down

Post  Warchamp7 on Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:46 pm

Spoonman and Relm are still mafian

You say that with such certainty despite simply being a survivor role.

Day ends in 15 minutes, if you've got something to say before you hang, now's the time.
Warchamp7
Warchamp7
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  Requiem on Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:53 pm

I've already said my part. Don't you understand who I am yet? Are you truly that blind? Or is it that you too are in fact part of the mafia? I already know my death is guaranteed. I gain nothing from lying. I have told you all repeatedly, I have given reasoning, explained things, but you refuse to listen. If Spoonman and Relm are not of the mafia, then everything I believed was wrong. I suppose the one good thing for you all, is that after I'm dead, you should be able to bring whoever you'd like back from the dead without having to worry about puppets. A puppet cannot be without it's Puppet Master after all. My only regret is not taking a mafian when I had the chance. Choosing power over status. Pity. Good luck.
Requiem
Requiem
Savior in Green

Back to top Go down

Post  Warchamp7 on Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:55 pm

Now this is an interesting turn of events. I can't save you with my vote switch alone, but this is interesting information.

Do you know for a fact they're mafian? How?

Last edited by Warchamp7 on Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Warchamp7
Warchamp7
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  SpoonMan Abrams X on Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:58 pm

hudsonboy111 wrote:
SpoonMan Abrams X wrote:There is also the whole fact that someone day-killed DRTJR (which in itself wasn't too bad considering his lack of usefulness), and he flipped townie with a Role (Camilla role, what powers does that entail anyway?), yet hardly ANYONE has paid any attention to

I explored this, and was promptly ignored.

And Spoonman, what do you think about smash being banned too?

And to snake, I'm pretty sure DF was referring to you in her last post; she was just ninja'd by Spoonman.
And it's still being ignored... slightly irritating. Is the Camilla role the lynch-stopper that was claimed before?

Regarding Smash, I already stated this before, but I'll reiterate for simplicity sake; Smash was banned during the night, meaning he caught the attention of the Coalition (the Flavor text says as much). Likely due to the fact he went out of his way to defend Fed, going so far as to claim he is innocent, and then he flipped Mafian. In hindsight it seemed VERY likely Smash was Mafian himself because of that, and was night-banned because of it.

Another thing too;
hudsonboy111 wrote:And now with JGH27's lynchpost, Olimar talks about how the End of Days is already here. Does anyone else think that could be foreshadowing something very grim?
There's actually quite a bit of foreshadowing in a lot of the lynch post, and some of the night. Unfortunately most people seem to either be ignoring them or simply not reading story.

AMENDMENT: Note of Req being overly mellow-dramatic moments before his lynch. You admitted yourself to "winging it", and not being good at playing with "logic" (which does seem to be true, despite the facts that you certainly attempted to use quite a bit of it in your posts). Besides that, claiming a Third-party role means nothing. If you really are a Survivor, you'd have as much to gain from the Mafia winning as you would the town. You also seem so sure I am Mafian right after you decided that I was the MB the previous phase and at the start of this one. You have some serious tunnel vision going on. EDIT: Did he just really claim MB/Hierophant/Puppetmaster? That would make loads of sense.

EDIT2: Warchamp, why would you consider saving someone who just claimed the MB, which has been giving us the biggest headache these last 3-4 phases?
SpoonMan Abrams X
SpoonMan Abrams X
Dedede's Enforcer

Back to top Go down

Post  Warchamp7 on Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:02 pm

EDIT2: Warchamp, why would you consider saving someone who just claimed the MB, which has been giving us the biggest headache these last 3-4 phases?

What headaches specifically has he been giving us except us all freaking out and pointing fingers at pawns and such. I mean if anything, Sahrimnir was still his pawn and started a bandwagon on Fedaykin. A mafian. As far as my quick recollection goes, he's been helping.

giving us the biggest headache

Considering he thinks you mafian, that makes more sense.

Last edited by Warchamp7 on Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Warchamp7
Warchamp7
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  Requiem on Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:03 pm

Nope, I'm dead, kind of saved it until just before I died, after all, who wants to keep a role like mine around? Figured it'd be good fun to have a serious-ish final death speech of my own. Q's will of course be better and more thought out, but you know, deal with what you've got and all that.

Spoonman, The Camilla role was based off of the Ace Attorney games, I had it in my first game. It could stop a lynch under certain circumstances, and it could shift the lynch in the event of a near tie. According to DRTJR, Q weakened it though, so I'm not sure what all it could do.

And yes, Yes I did. However, I still completely and totally believe you're scum. And personally, I prefer winning with the town, that's why I worked more on trying to find mafians. I'd have to check, but before someone brought up his softclaim, I originally thought Fed was mafian, that's why I had Sah push for him. Just a fun fact. Anyway, day phase is over.
Requiem
Requiem
Savior in Green

Back to top Go down

Post  JohnnyFarrar on Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:04 pm

Good god, this is the most complicated game of Mafia I've ever played. I barely have any idea when someone's supposed to die anymore Sad

I'm actually comfortable with my vote on DF. It's not like switching would make much of a difference.
JohnnyFarrar
JohnnyFarrar
Corrupt Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkFalco on Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:07 pm

StuckInABox wrote:

i was talking to you....spoon just happened to comment before me.
DarkFalco
DarkFalco
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkFalco on Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:12 pm

and yeah....you guys keep saying that i'm suspicious as hell, yet you never take action on it. is it perhaps that something in the back of your mind is telling you the truth, that i am who i say i am? as for the mafians, they obviously don't see me as a threat, since they haven't killed me yet. They should though. Yeah i had three shots, but i have 2 left. when i was blocked i was given that one back. I plan on using one to scan req, if that will make people happy. because quite frankly i think we should focus our attention elsewhere, namely the people i've already mentioned.
DarkFalco
DarkFalco
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  HUDSONBOY111 on Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:15 pm

DF, nobody's taking action because Req is literally about to hang. However, many people have said that you're on the chopping block tomorrow. And, btw, Req will be too dead for you to scan him, assuming you're Ameratsu.

EDIT: I'm sorry, DF. Re-reading my post, it sounded pretty harsh, and I didn't mean to be mean.
Put more nicely:
Nobody's taking action on you because Req was today's lynch, but many people have promised you their vote for tomorrow. And it would be impossible for you to scan req, since he will be dead.
HUDSONBOY111
HUDSONBOY111
Police Chief Link's Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  SpoonMan Abrams X on Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:25 pm

Warchamp7 wrote:

What headaches specifically has he been giving us except us all freaking out and pointing fingers at pawns and such. I mean if anything, Sahrimnir was still his pawn and started a bandwagon on Fedaykin. A mafian. As far as my quick recollection goes, he's been helping.

giving us the biggest headache

Considering he thinks you mafian, that makes more sense.
Hindsight really is 20/20. You've been adamant this entire time that I am the MB and attacking me for it, as well as plenty of other players, and suddenly when we "know*" who it is suddenly it's a good thing? NTM the fact that NOW you decide it convenient to recognize the fact that yes, Sah, a puppet, claimed Fed was a Mafian, which is correct. You've completely ignored that until now, what makes it any different from before? Huge FoS @ Warchamp now.

Also remove your tin hat. Yes us, as in all the remaining living players. As I just pointed out RIGHT above, no one seemed to care that Fed was Mafian, and infact ignored it because everyone else was hung up on the MB. NOW it is suddenly important, least to you, when it should've been at the fore front the entire time. Talk about being a Lemming, jeez.

*NOTE: We won't know for 100% certain until Q actually posts the story, which is interesting your so damned on-board with him if he actually is, also considering how well believing in role claims thus far has helped us.

Requiem wrote:Nope, I'm dead, kind of saved it until just before I died, after all, who wants to keep a role like mine around? Figured it'd be good fun to have a serious-ish final death speech of my own. Q's will of course be better and more thought out, but you know, deal with what you've got and all that.

Spoonman, The Camilla role was based off of the Ace Attorney games, I had it in my first game. It could stop a lynch under certain circumstances, and it could shift the lynch in the event of a near tie. According to DRTJR, Q weakened it though, so I'm not sure what all it could do.

And yes, Yes I did. However, I still completely and totally believe you're scum. And personally, I prefer winning with the town, that's why I worked more on trying to find mafians. I'd have to check, but before someone brought up his softclaim, I originally thought Fed was mafian, that's why I had Sah push for him. Just a fun fact. Anyway, day phase is over.
First off you'd be right. No one would want a third Party around, let alone the MB/Puppetmaster/whateverthehellitscalled. Also thanks for the clarification on the Camilla role. Good to know you've at least contributed something constructive before your death, since everyone else seemed to be ignoring minus Hudson.

Finally, if you were actually A: Interested in trying to pin me as scum, and B: preferred the town winning, then frankly I think you would've stopped trying to "pawn off" your role on me. Instead you mucked up half this day phase claiming I was the MB, then switched gears halfway through and decided "oh hey I actually think Spoon is Mafian". Also of importance is that if you really believed Fed was Mafian, as well as HAD THE TOWNS BEST INTERESTS AT HEART, then why have Sah change his story when it mattered the most? You could've JUST as easily had Sah STILL claim Fed Mafian (regardless of softclaim or not, which we now know meant NAUGHT), instead you chose to SEVERELY muck everything up by having him claim Fed was the MB, which instead just put the entire player base into the mess that's hung up this entire day phase. Yet you STILL claim you were playing "for the town"? Bullshit.

Also, It's also past the deadline anyway, so nothing will change the lynch results anyway. I'm honestly glad this Day phase is over.
SpoonMan Abrams X
SpoonMan Abrams X
Dedede's Enforcer

Back to top Go down

Post  Requiem on Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:36 pm

I had Sah change his story for two reasons. Number one, as cool as Sah was as a puppet, I wanted one that actually had a power. Number Two, I figured it would be fun to watch the mafia flail about for a while. Beyond that though, his softclaim came after I'd already had Sah push for Fed. After I caught wind of the soft claim, I didn't really think Fed was mafian. 'Course that was a while ago and my memory on exact details isn't the clearest (You would think a guy with a personal board would keep better track of his planning, wouldn't you?).

The reason I said you and Relm were the MB was quite simple, with people focusing on the MB role, and the hardcore aliance you two have, I figured it would be easier to get them to believe MB over Mafia. Of course I still believed you to be mafia, so I said you could be mafia as well so that the pieces fit into place better. I suppose I should alter what I said in regards to me thinking logically. I think very logically, I just have an incredibly difficult time expressing my logic. Almost everything I did was planned. Yeah, I caused a little chaos, but after all, I didn't want people to find me either. A little disorder, a little guidance, find the mafia and snuff them out. That was the basic plan.
Requiem
Requiem
Savior in Green

Back to top Go down

Post  Quaetam on Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:57 pm

Dayphase is over! Lynchpost coming soon!
Quaetam
Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  SpoonMan Abrams X on Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:11 pm

Requiem wrote:I had Sah change his story for two reasons. Number one, as cool as Sah was as a puppet, I wanted one that actually had a power. Number Two, I figured it would be fun to watch the mafia flail about for a while. Beyond that though, his softclaim came after I'd already had Sah push for Fed. After I caught wind of the soft claim, I didn't really think Fed was mafian. 'Course that was a while ago and my memory on exact details isn't the clearest (You would think a guy with a personal board would keep better track of his planning, wouldn't you?).

The reason I said you and Relm were the MB was quite simple, with people focusing on the MB role, and the hardcore alliance you two have, I figured it would be easier to get them to believe MB over Mafia. Of course I still believed you to be mafia, so I said you could be mafia as well so that the pieces fit into place better. I suppose I should alter what I said in regards to me thinking logically. I think very logically, I just have an incredibly difficult time expressing my logic. Almost everything I did was planned. Yeah, I caused a little chaos, but after all, I didn't want people to find me either. A little disorder, a little guidance, find the mafia and snuff them out. That was the basic plan.
So what you're saying is:
1) The assumption that Sah was commiting "suicide" so you could have a "better" Puppet was correct, and
2) So instead of having Sah change his story to something reasonable or keep it the same, you chose to instead "defend" the guy, who actually turned out to be Mafia, which just completely threw off the last 2 day phases? Wonderful.
In addition to #2, You're memory on the details should be crystal clear, considering you are the guy who kept this fiasco alive for so long. Besides that it's also only been just over a week. Your attempts at trying to thwart responsibility are interesting to say the least.

So not only you admit to being the main reason there is so much sidetracking and tunnel vision in this thread (for having been the one to help create it), but you decide keeping the attention onto the "MB" and yourself and OFF the Mafia until push came to shove was a good idea? Besides that IDK where this idea of "Alliance" came from outside of the fact Relm has been eseentially parroting all my posts from last 2 dayphases and the start of this one (which I pointed out before, and has been dually noted). However one key difference is that Relm has been focusing almost completely on you, while I've still been trying to scum-hunt elsewhere. I was thoroughly convinced of your scumminess long before even Fed was lynched. As for your "logic", perhaps if you did utilize & propose it a bit more efficiently, you likely would not be the one being lynched this day. Besides that, perhaps you will find out soon enough just how flawed it was.

Btw @ Darkfalco:
DarkFalco wrote:and yeah....you guys keep saying that i'm suspicious as hell, yet you never take action on it. is it perhaps that something in the back of your mind is telling you the truth, that i am who i say i am? as for the mafians, they obviously don't see me as a threat, since they haven't killed me yet. They should though. Yeah i had three shots, but i have 2 left. when i was blocked i was given that one back. I plan on using one to scan req, if that will make people happy. because quite frankly i think we should focus our attention elsewhere, namely the people i've already mentioned.
Hudson put it the best:
hudsonboy111 wrote:Nobody's taking action on you because Req was today's lynch, but many people have promised you their vote for tomorrow. And it would be impossible for you to scan req, since he will be dead.
Also, not just Requiem, but ever since after the first lynch, there have been "bigger fish to fry" so to speak, so don't go being so self-assured and cocky. In fact, as of now I think you are easily the best lynch come next day phase, over Ansem, Surge, Avalanche, or Sonix (no I haven't forgotten, ntm your last "post" frankly reinforced that). You have skirted death far too long in this game. I hope you are prepared. BTW, why would you go off trying to investigate a dead person?

Also, now that Q has posted, I will stand by and await the results.
SpoonMan Abrams X
SpoonMan Abrams X
Dedede's Enforcer

Back to top Go down

Post  Quaetam on Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:41 pm

Fear ruled the day in the Kingdom in chaos, and he was the one who heralded its reign.

Standing once more on the balcony of the distant tower, overlooking the city, King Avalanche surveyed the world that would be his. For six days, they had fought. For six days, they had risen against the corrupt, against the gods of this world, who had taken so much from them, taken so much from him. Now, the world stood on the brink, and his plan, only recently conceived, was about to come to fruition. The pieces were set, the game aligned just as it should be, just as he wanted it to be. One push, and the world would fall into the palm of his hand once more.

King Avalanche frowned, leaning over the balcony, brooding. He was so close now, on the verge of reasserting his control, ready to free the people of this Kingdom, of his Kingdom, from their oppressors, and bring them into the light of the New Kingdom, one that would be re-established in his name, by his own vigor. But their way was not clear; something stood in his path: The Coalition still stood, and while they preached their words of Utopia, while they forced the people to work for their new age, the world could never be his. And they were nigh-invulnerable… Despite his best efforts, he had been unable to touch them, not merely due to their strength, but to their image, the illusion of grandeur and absolute authority the Usurper had granted them. They had proclaimed themselves gods, rising angels, and wielded enough unnatural power to back up their claim. The four moderators possessed control over the minds of the people, control over life and death.

Rob them of that power, rob them of that might, and the arisen angels would fall again… those who call themselves gods would be nothing more than mortals.

The stage was set. The time had come.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yet Avalanche was not the only one to stand watch over the Kingdom, nor the one with the deepest claim to the world.

For atop another edifice, among the ruins of the old Ivory Tower, another man, wreathed in shadows, looked out over the cityscape. Perched on the edge of the shattered tower, his cloak billowing in the wind, stood the Hierophant. Around him was the blasted remains of the lair of his predecessor, of the one he’d once given the title of manipulator. The entire room had been scorched by the blast months previously, during the Rising War, blown to a crisp, the upper levels of the tower gone, blown apart… The room in which he stood was now the roof of the shattered tower. From this lofty perch, he gazed outward, looking towards the corruption in the land with determination, with the gaze of one who had seen the depths of depravity. For he had seen those depths, he had lived those depths. He was the source of it all.

He turned and walked away from the precipice, making for a staircase in the center of the roof.

Only months ago he had been sitting in his room, at his computer, piecing together a story, working on a mafia game that would never finish, working tirelessly to entertain his friends, in a small corner of the great internet. A day later, and he stood, bloody, beneath a layer of sweat and dirt, in the hall of Wyndia, having been torn apart from his life, away from his world. Kyle had been taken from a normal life, a life of studies, of work, of gaming, one where he had reached for a higher purpose, and thrown into Dragnia with nothing. He had lost it all, been stranded apart from all he held dear, and, by the Wyndian princess, told that it was all meant to be.

Quaetam walked downstairs, opened a nearby door, and entered the room he had been using as a makeshift headquarters. Simple provisions, a bed, a stockpile of food, and other basic supplies, were set about, tidily, far more organized than he was used to. On a desk sat a map of the Kingdom, not that he’d need it, and a chessboard. The white king had been replaced with one of crystal, one he’d held onto for months now. Quaetam picked this up, felt it in his palm, and held it up to the sunlight, watching the rays catch on the crystal, smiling as he recognized exactly how cliché the scene had become, before returning to his thoughts.

It was all meant to be… So he was meant to be there, fighting the Nameless Army? He was meant to have lost everything? All of his struggles, all his triumphs, were meant to have been for nothing? This was a reality he had refused to accept, a destiny he had swiftly fled. Yet as he broke free of Wyndia, wandered the land, he saw the suffering of the people, he saw their pain, their anguish… And he found himself driven, inexorably, towards the very purpose he had been ordained, the very purpose he had so vigorously refuted. He saw the need for change, saw that the world needed saving, and realized he was the one who could save it.

Pocketing the crystal king, Quaetam looked at his right hand, raised it, felt the mystic energies flowing through his mind. Yes, he had seen the need for salvation. And he saw he had the power to achieve it.

He had put aside his old name, Kyle, he had put aside his old life, as the aspiring young freshman at RPI, and taken on a new identity. He had taken a new name, one that had possessed such meaning in his life, one that had originated in a story of his design, and one that had become his online moniker. He had become Quaetam; there was no time for his old self. There was no time for reflection. And even as he had changed his identity, he had hardened himself. He had gone first to Mousillon, then to Leknaat, and risen slowly through the ranks, starting a resistance movement that had nearly toppled the government there, a resistance that had become his pawn as he stepped across the metaphorical chessboard, becoming Hierophant to Claudius, the Hammer of Justice. He had played both sides, and finally struck down the Resistance, elevating himself to the seat of utmost authority. It had only been a few steps from there to total control.

Quaetam turned to the window, looking out over the city.

He had succeeded in seizing Leknaat for his own. Then the storm had come. The storm that was all-too-familiar… the Tempest of the Void. It had ravaged their world, and as the universe crumbled around him, as he was again stripped of all he had accomplished, Quaetam was brought here, to the Kingdom.

The Hierophant turned away from the window, grabbed a robe, marked with the sigil of Leknaat, which he pulled, tight, around himself, as he picked up his fine, ceremonial blade from a table by the door and proceeded to exit, beginning a long hike down the stairs to the bottom floor. Yes, it had not taken him long to realize where he’d ended up, for this was a world of his design.

And here too he saw the need for change. He looked out a window as he passed, saw one of the Coalition’s propaganda billboards, painted dark colors, emblazoned with their mantra. The Coalition’s virtues were sound, their purpose was ideal; to strive for a better world, to build a better future out of the ashes of the past. But their vision had been corrupted, their methodology filled with malice. They were well-minded, yes, but well-minded dictators. They had not merely Usurped heaven, but robbed it of all beauty. Their Purges were acts of genocide. Their lack of tolerance for dissent, their constant necessity to keep a stranglehold on the people, it eliminated all traces of free speech, free expression. It eliminated hope, eliminated heroism. These were things the world needed, things that made life worth living. Under the Coalition, perhaps a better world would be built, but the cost would be too great. Hope was something this world needs, something these people need, and something they would never achieve while the four angels held the throne.

But the Avalanchians? Those who were also swept here by the storm, who also felt the need for change, for a return to the old order? Any sense of virtue the Forsaken King had once possessed was lost, buried beneath a river of regret and anguish. They too, while fighting for something of value, had erased all sense of benevolence by means of their actions. There was no salvation to be found through their path, only destruction; a rampage from which no true hope could emerge.

And he knew what else walked these streets. He knew what terror lurked among them; that which had once been a nobody, a mind of madness, had evolved into something beyond his reach, something he dared not approach. There wasn't much time.

So he had not taken a side, not truly. He knew better than to oppose the Coalition publicly, but in private? He was, at least in part, creator of this reality. He knew the Coalition better than anyone, better than THEMSELVES, just as he knew all the denizens of the Kingdom. He knew what to say to play them, he knew what to do to win them over. Just as he had in Leknaat, only with greater proficiency, he had played both sides, worked his way up to the top.

He at last reached the bottom of the stairs, and exited the tower.

But here, even as he gained in influence, in power, his foe was an obstacle almost impossible to surmount. The Usurper of Heaven was no Reginald Ashvald. The sheer power Fedaykin wielded, as he knew all-too-well, would not be eliminated so easily. He could not worm his way into Fedaykin’s trust, for the Usurper was too ruthless, too self-reliant, and too intelligent. He could not simply trick the Coalition by these same reasons. Everything was too tight knit... Very swiftly he had found himself out of options, save for one.

For he was the Hierophant. He was not helpless.

Quaetam gripped his sword tight. Now, it was time for him to make his play. Now, there was only one option.

Now, just as he had wanted, they were coming for him.

He heard shouts, as a group of patrolmen, led by Link, rounded a corner, swords drawn, and set off at a run. Quaetam couldn’t go quietly, not now, lest he meet a bitter end, silenced forever by banstick. He knew how this worked. Quaetam threw forward his left hand, and a nearby fire hydrant exploded, spraying water everywhere. Link bit back a curse, pulling out some inane item from his backpack, and Quaetam took off at a run, rounding a corner, the sounds of gunshots ringing out behind him. He looked left, looked right, and opened a door, quickly entering and making his way downstairs, into the underground. He knew what he had to do. It was time. The pieces were in place. Today, the world would once again be free.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alarms were raised throughout the Kingdom, and patrols combed the streets, searching for their quarry. For two hours the sirens wailed over the PA systems, and the forces of the Coalition were deployed in force. Rumors flew through the streets, of a man who wielded unspeakable power, one who even the Coalition could not trap. And it was with confusion and fear that the people were shepherded into Ascendancy Square, soldiers at their backs, rifles armed, set. The broadcast screens in the square were all on, just as they were throughout the Kingdom, displaying against a dark blue background a portrait of a man with curly black hair, and a hard, set expression, scar across his forehead atop his left eye. The word “CONDEMNED” was plastered in cyan text above his head. Already the Coalition was atop the platform, the Preacher standing, arms crossed, at the edge, facing the Arbiter, who stood to her left. The Usurper sat in his golden throne, brow furrowed, but otherwise calm, silent.

Within a good ten minutes, the square was entirely packed, and filled with a cacophony of voices, panicked words rising from the Kingdom’s populace. If the Coalition could not stop this madman, who could? If the four gods could not find this person, what danger were they in? The noise built in intensity until finally, the Preacher turned to the crowd, and raised both hands for silence. The voices died down within moments, and as the Preacher spoke, all fell quiet. Her words were short, succinct, and punctured with a clear sense of anger.

The time has come. The Coalition has made its choice,” said the Preacher, “But it appears that our enemy has vanished from our midst. This cannot be allowed. There are none who may escape our reach. This we have said before, and this we will say one more time again, so take heed: One way, or another, we will eliminate any who seek to destroy the new age.

The crowd was silent.

The man who faces condemnation, he who you see displayed before you, is one who would call himself a god, one who would deem himself omnipotent, and one who would take upon himself to seize the throne of heaven for his own,” said the Preacher, “He is a man who would tear down all that we’ve built, all that each and every one of us holds dear to fit his old dark purposes, and like all others we pursue, he must be stopped, lest he destroy all we hold dear.

Heads turned amidst the crowd, whispers rose like a mist among the people. So the rumors were true… they sought out a man even the Coalition couldn’t find, someone who seemed to outwit them at every turn, and someone who had the power to bring the world to its knees. The Preacher began to speak again, her voice ringing out with definitive power, with authority, and all fell silent once more.

He, like all others who hold his values, are a threat to our world. And he, like all others of his disposition, must be eliminated,” said the Preacher, “So I ask you this now.

She looked out amidst the crowd, catching the peoples’ eyes, one by one, “Where is Quaetam?

For a good minute all was still. The people looked about, glancing from face to face, seeing if any would dare rise, any would come forth with information on their common enemy. At long last, slowly, deliberately, from the center of the crowd at the right of the platform, one robed figure stood, and all eyes turned towards him as he stepped out into the alleyway and walked ahead towards the Coalition. The Usurper glanced his way from atop the golden throne, interest perked, as the figure stopped in the clearing below the raised platform.

It seems, Usurper,” said the figure, staring straight in Fedaykin’s eyes as he pulling off his hood, “that despite your iron grip, despite the alacrity with which you pursue your opponents, you still fail to notice that which exists right below your nose.

Gasps rose from the crowd, one woman cried out in alarm, guards across the square drew their swords or clutched their rifles, taking aim. The three Coalitionists who already stood atop the dias reached to their sheaths, drawing from them three bansticks. For there, in the clearing below the platform, not thirty feet away from the Usurper of his own design, stood Quaetam, eyes alight with flames of determination, of strength.

For too long has this world been dying.” said Quaetam, calmly, drawing his sword, “I know your intent. I know your virtue, your desire for Utopia. I know of the cause for which you have seized the throne of heaven.

He gripped the mystic floes, let his mind submerge itself in his power, and his hands began to glow a soft silver. This is it. He took a step forward, sword raised.

But the throne is not yours to sit upon, Fedaykin,” said Quaetam, continuing to walk slowly forward, towards where a handful of guards had gathered, swords and guns in hand, “ No longer will you hold the world in the palm of your hand. The new age must dawn, but it can dawn without silence, without genocide, without oppression!

He tightened his grip on his sword,returned his gaze towards Fedaykin, who sat, ever silent, atop the golden seat,

The people can have hope!” Quaetam cried, and he sprung into action.

He lashed out with his left hand, and a blast of water surged outward, knocking back several of the members of the crowd. He formed before him a wall of ice, stopping the guards’ bullets in their tracks, and shattered it. Crystals of ice flew forward, and the guards took cover, shielding their heads, as the storm of swirling shards cut at them. They cried out in the torrent, two knocked off their feet, succumbing to the whirlwind, lacerated, torn to shreds. The others stood, swords drawn, but Quaetam was upon them.

All around the square erupted into panic, the crowd breaking and scattering, running over one another. The Preacher looked around, glancing back and fourth, shouting for guards to maintain order, but to no avail.

Quaetam took quick stock of the guards, saw they had abandoned their firearms in favor of blades, and smiled. This would go quickly. Be it in Dragnia, or in the Mushroom Kingdom, he knew how to handle such lackeys... Two lunged at him, their mistake lying in their haste; in their rush to finish him quickly. One’s head rolled as Quaetam spun, decapitating him, and avoided the other’s stab, quickly slashing him across the chest. He threw forth a torrent of water, knocking the next two back, as he crossed swords with a fifth.

He locked eyes with the soldier, and saw, even through the devotion, through the anger and gritted teeth, fear in his foe’s eyes. The guard in turn glanced at the Hierophant, the cloaked terror, and saw nothing but fury, but power, as Quaetam’s façade cut deep into his core. He stepped back, making a hasty lunge towards the Hierophant’s throat, only to have his foe step aside and place his hand on the soldier’s chest, spearing him through with a blade of ice.

He turned, barely avoiding another guard’s slash, and a member of the crowd ran, panicked, between them, throwing off both combatants’ aims. He quickly surveyed his surroundings. The crowd was dispersing, running all about, and the soldiers were largely distracted trying to keep them in line. His way was clear… He turned towards the Coalition, towards the fallen angels. Three stood, wielding their bansticks. Ahead, on the platform, he could see the Preacher descending towards him, sword of unholy, purging light drawn, flames in her eyes. Shit.

Quaetam slashed out with his sword, breaking the deadlock, and raised one foot to kick the guard aside, before turning to face the Preacher. She stood a mere five feet away, banstick raised, grin on her face.

You call yourself omnipotent,” said the Preacher, “Tell me then, do you understand the power of this blade? Do you understand that, no matter what power you wield, it is no longer enough? You no longer have any hope.

Quaetam nodded, “I know better than you, Queen Snake.

She frowned, her old, informal name striking a chord within her.

Then you know you have no chance,” she said, and leapt forward, banstick swinging wildly, orange glow flashing through the diminishing sunset. Quaetam leapt aside, raised a blade of ice to block instinctively, but it was disintegrated, burned away, rent unto nothing, as the banstick passed cleanly through it. The Hierophant rolled backwards, coming to his feet, as the Preacher lashed out horizontally. Quaetam threw forward a spear of ice with his offhand, but the Preacher simply flicked her banstick and it was disintegrated.

He frowned, and gathered, calling forth his mana, the water from his earlier attack, swirling it around them, ready to crush her beneath its torrent, but she simply leapt forward, and Quaetam was forced to abandon his spell to dodge another attack from the absolute weapon. He leapt aside, staggered to maintain his balance, and sheathed his sword, knowing it was of no use, instead conjuring up two blades of ice.

The two stood, five feet opposite each other, and began to circle.

Give up!” she snarled, “You hold no power against an angel.

Quaetam laughed, “So his hubris extends even to his lackeys…. You, Preacher, disgraced Queen of Avalanchia, are no angel.

His words had a greater effect than he’d wanted, and his eyes widened as, with an unnatural, enraged cry, the Preacher threw herself forward, banstick lashing out. He raised his iceblades but knew it was absolutely futile. They couldn’t stand against a banstick. There was no room to dodge, no room to escape!

A wave of solid air slammed into the Preacher, knocked her aside. Quaetam turned, looked around. The crowd had broken out into an utter riot, and the soldiers were intervening, keeping the peace. One of the moderators had stepped down from the platform, cyan banstick drawn, forcing the crowd into submission by his mere presence. And by Quaetam’s side stood a wolf, glowing white, tail weaving intricate patterns through the air. In his mind a voice spoke a single word, clear.

Go.

Quaetam nodded towards his companion, and, dropping one iceblade, drawing his primary sword, dashed up the steps onto the dias.

He stood atop the precipice of the world.

This was the place from which the four gods dictated their will to the masses, and he could almost feel its symbolic weight. The Arbiter, green banstick drawn, turned Quaetam’s way, and the Hierophant prepared himself to fight. But from the golden throne, Fedaykin raised a hand, and the Arbiter stopped where he stood. Throughout the square, the crowd went silent, as the Usurper, hand on his golden sheath, rose to his feet.

For a moment all was still, all was quiet. The riot had diminished, confining itself to the outer sections of the square, and all who were within earshot turned to face the platform.

You have done well, to reach so far,” said Fedaykin, ever calm, ever collected, “But now you struggle against a force beyond reckoning. Lay down your arms, for to fight a god is to face damnation.

The Usurper stepped forward, hand extending towards Quaetam, “You possess power, and you possess heart. Join me. Follow us, in the dawning of a new era, and together we can champion the coming of the new world. This is the way it was meant to be.

Quaetam smiled, even as his hands shook slightly, as his heart began to race, and he fought to steady it. Easy…

It amuses me how little you know of the world, you who call yourselves gods,” Quaetam said, sword in hand, ready to engage, “For the future is not written; the path we take is not set in stone. You, who desires to bring a new dawn unto this Kingdom, should understand this better than anyone. There is no fate but what we make!

He raised his right hand, clenching it, focusing all his energies into the being that stood before him, into the great Usurper. A blue glow radiated from his hand as his power lashed out, striking at the mystic bond between Fedaykin’s soul and body, seeking to cast him adrift, set him apart from the world for all eternity! But his power hit a wall; he struck at something beyond his scope, a great golden barrier he could not penetrate!

And the Usurper smiled.

The future is ours to build,” Fedaykin nodded, “And you, like the rest of us, must choose your path. Join me, and together, through unity, through strength, we can carry this world to a greater future.

His hand lowered to the golden sheath at his side, “Or stand against me, and be faced with bitter oblivion.

Quaetam stood silent for a moment, looking toward the ground, but as he rose his head, he shook it, looking towards the Usurper.

No. Your cause is noble, but you are beyond redemption. You will fall today, by my hand, and the world will be freed at last,” Quaetam sheathed his ceremonial sword, and tossed it to Fedaykin, “Now, face me, man to man! If you are a god, fight me on equal footing, and we shall see if your world of oppression, of darkness, can stand against mine, of freedom, of light! Let your new age fall before the dawn I will herald, the hope I will create.

Fedaykin smiled, and threw his golden sheath aside, instead gripping Quaetam’s blade, “Then so be it.

Quaetam gathered the mystic energies, formed in his hands two swords of ice, and all was still as the two combatants faced each other, Quaetam, his expression intense, focused, Fedaykin, his gaze serene, calm, and collected.

The crowd was still, all eyes turned to the platform as the fate of their world hung in the balance. The Usurper against the Hierophant. The god of the new age, he who held the throne of heaven, stood against the manipulator, the one who would sacrifice his humanity to play the system, would sacrifice his benevolence to bring hope to the people.

The Hierophant took a step forward, and in a flash the duel was over, just as soon as it had begun.

Fedaykin lunged, drawing his sword, lashing outward, and Quaetam’s eyes widened. He was too fast! The blade cut through his guard. Quaetam’s ice swords shattered, and he fell to his knees.

The Usurper calmly sheathed his sword, facing the crowd, his eyes strong, his expression confident, set, as blood erupted from the gash in Quaetam’s chest. Shit... SHIT!.

Your fate is sealed. None can stand against the Coalition,” said Fedaykin, as he walked past the crippled Hierophant, towards the back of the platform. Quaetam gritted his teeth to prevent crying out in pain, and struggled to rise, to get on his feet. He couldn't die here! Not like this! The world must have hope; the people must have a future! He could not let it end this way! Quaetam stood, swords of ice reforming in his hands as he cauterized the wound with ice, and the Usurper turned.

This wasn't over, not yet.

But somewhere, amongst the crowd, a man raised radio to his mouth, and whispered one word, one word that sealed their fates.

Now.

Time slowed to a halt. From her place amidst the crowd, Amaterasu sensed the danger, saw the charges as they lit. She cried out, threw herself forward, onto the platform to drag her master aside, but it was too late.

The floor exploded below them both in a blast of green fire. The Arbiter and Usurper were knocked back, Amaterasu cried out to the heavens as she was slain, and the Hierophant, he who was once Quaetam, who was once Kyle, knew no more, his life blotted out as his body was ripped to shreds, his soul rendered unto naught, having failed in his final effort, any hope for a better world extinguished at the dying of the light.

Requiem was killed! He was Kyle (Quaetam), the Hierophant! Alignment: None
DarkFalco was killed! She was Amaterasu! Alignment: Town, and a Pawn!

Last edited by Quaetam on Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:02 am; edited 6 times in total
Quaetam
Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum